Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

JJ would never make a KOTCS...never...Thats like saying Nolan was gonna turn Batman into Robocop 3...not a chance

Star Trek Into Darkness was a bit on the crap side. I'd consider that a KOTCS. But JJ is more suited to Star Wars than Trek. I think he'll do well.

Disney should move the Russo Bros over to SW when they're done with Cap. They're now the "Fassbenders" of the directing world.

Disney should move the Russo Bros over to SW when they're done with Cap. They're now the "Fassbenders" of the directing world.

They've only directed one good movie and a couple of good episodes of Community and Arrested Development. I think they still have some more to prove. I honestly don't hear about them outside this forum like I do of other directors yet. I do have faith in them and I hope they can deliver a Cap 3 that was as excellent as Cap 2. :pray:

Oh I know for all we know they're a total flash in the pan one trick pony but I'm just having fun running with their current success. ;)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

Everytime I think of Disney, I think of kid *****. Goofy stuff. More like for ten year old kids. Hopefully they would make it serious, dark ones.

Pirates of the Caribbean movies were dark.

A Death Star capable of blowing up solar systems with one shot and an exhaust port that's only ONE meter wide should do the trick as a credible new villain.

Why have only one Death Star? Why not just finally do Had Abbadon and its 4 orbiting Death Stars?

Luke can destroy one, Han and Chewie another, Luke's son and Leia's daughter could destroy the other two Death Stars. Not only do you have a credible threat but a real danger of more than one of the heroes dying.

Is Hugo Weaving not part of the cast? I thought he was already on board, or was that just a rumor?

Why have only one Death Star? Why not just finally do Had Abbadon and its 4 orbiting Death Stars?

Luke can destroy one, Han and Chewie another, Luke's son and Leia's daughter could destroy the other two Death Stars. Not only do you have a credible threat but a real danger of more than one of the heroes dying.

This might be written as tongue in cheek, but I never understood the problem with multiple Death Stars. People thought it was lazy writing. I would be surprised if the Empire with all its vast resources wouldn't build an entire armada of Death Stars to control the entire Galaxy. I don't think just one would be enough. And if the first was destroyed, why wouldn't they try again? It was a good plan and they made the appropriate corrections. The Rebels were only able to destroy it because they caught the Empire with its pants down. Or actually the Emperor pulled his pants down to lure them in but underestimated the power of the Ewoks.

nVnck81.jpg

Someone on another board claiming to have spoken to someone who was actually there said some of Luke's lines were...

Luke Skywalker in Episode VII said:
You've learned much since you allowed yourself to be drawn to the dark side young one

Luke Skwalker in Episode VII said:
They are Jedi just like my father, my sister and those that follow my teachings

Luke Skywalker in Episode VII said:
Whether we win or lose, live or die, the Jedi Order will never end at the hands of a Sith Lord

Take it on face value but **** it does sound better than the rubbish dialogue GL has been dishing out for the last 3 films and more like those classic Larry Kasdan dialogue from ESB & RotJ.

This might be written as tongue in cheek, but I never understood the problem with multiple Death Stars. People thought it was lazy writing. I would be surprised if the Empire with all its vast resources wouldn't build an entire armada of Death Stars to control the entire Galaxy. I don't think just one would be enough. And if the first was destroyed, why wouldn't they try again? It was a good plan and they made the appropriate corrections. The Rebels were only able to destroy it because they caught the Empire with its pants down. Or actually the Emperor pulled his pants down to lure them in but underestimated the power of the Ewoks.

I think they probably thought they were giving Luke, Leia and Han just to much of an up hill battle, especially with GL wanting to wrap the saga up at that point. Lucas wanted his conclusion, he wanted a happy ending and the only part they kept from Larry Kasdan's original draft was that the Death Star wasn't finished.

Back