Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

I hear Chewbacca will have a man lover called Skipbacca and they will move to Hoth and raise adopted Snow Monster babies.

Officially confirmed (wasn't it already?) that the new Star Wars films will not follow the existing Expanded Universe post-ROTJ story lines.
Nope, only that the new films wouldn't be adaptations of existing stories. neet concept, I'm curious to see where things go. Sad to see tehy're tossing the OLD stories out, BUT at the same time, they said the're going to be keeping the story elements ( characters, places, settinges, etc) just not the stories.

On the upside, guess this means that the Old republic MMo is no longer canon either. Good.

Nope, only that the new films wouldn't be adaptations of existing stories. neet concept, I'm curious to see where things go. Sad to see tehy're tossing the OLD stories out, BUT at the same time, they said the're going to be keeping the story elements ( characters, places, settinges, etc) just not the stories.

On the upside, guess this means that the Old republic MMo is no longer canon either. Good.

I really enjoyed the Beta on that game, I think it is fun first time through but had no end game action. What about KotOR that game was pretty awesome for its time.

Yeah, I think Disney is allowing their Star Wars movies a wide berth of ideas that are not bogged down by already told tales.

it's like moving into an old house... needs a new paint job to start making it a home.

Or is it a bit like the Nazi's cleansing and homogenizing? :horror

I know that's a bit harsh. But I've always been quite wary of Disney. I don't appreciate homogenization.

Disney just took control of a Multi billion dollar franchise and they are going to reorganization and reconstruct it to their visions. I have a feeling Star Wars will be the biggest merchandise giant for Disney in the future, and they are going to want to protect that.

Well, in all fairness, Disney seems to have been doing well for Marvel maybe Star Wars will really thrive with this.

I liked Starkiller and TFU but I can completely understand why they'd want that scrapped for numerous reasons. Sucks for the Old Republic fans. That game just came out not that long ago and gave us some cool characters that are also most likely scrapped now. I just really hope J.J. Abrams gets some good writers and shows us some new worlds (or familiar worlds in a new light). I loved seeing different planets in Star Wars and all the dangers they possess. Also, they need a strong villain or group of villains like Sith and bounty hunters. I just hope he gets those things right because I'm not a Star Trek fan but I haven't really been a big fan of his take on them either and Cloverfield was decent but not something I'd want to revisit very often.

I think Luke should wake up and roll over and tell Mara Jade I just had the worst dream about my father, must have been that BBQ whomp rat burger. Then we can redo the Prequels

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mara_Jade_Skywalker

She was the Emperor's hand , then married luke
https://sketchymcdrawpants.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/luke-and-mara-2-24-2013.jpg

luke-and-mara-2-24-2013.jpg

I think they should get lukes hand from Bespin and create a clone army of Dark Jedi to hunt down everyone.

Back