Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

I never really had that much problem with Jake Lloyd as I did with other things in the movie. Yeah he was annoying but for me the only time he got extremely annoying and I couldn't stand him was at the end when he gets into the ship and starts blowing stuff up, that was so ridiculous. But the Pod race and all that, Whatever, it was just boring. Really boring. But I didn't hate the kid.

What I truly hated was Jar Jar Binks. Here is a character that had absolutely nothing to add to the story and that had absolutely no reason to exist in the first place. Yeah he gets them to Gunga City but that's it, That's where the character should have disappeared. He had no business being with the Jedi and going to see lil' Anakin.
So I guess in a sense I just really hated Lucas for bringing that character on board a lot more than Jake Lloyd. Jar Jar destroys any change to enjoy the movie and take it seriously. Why the hell would these jedi guys care for some idiot they found in the forest? seriously!

As for the movie itself.... I rather watch Clones and Revenge to be honest. they are not as boring and the acting is not as awful. Natalie Portman felt dead in the first one. No one had any emotion, It felt like everyone in Phantom was a droid in human skin or something.

I know everything is CGI but to me the other 2 sequels are more visually interesting than the first. I've watched those two here and there, but Phantom Menace is the movie I've watched twice, and the second time I really really regretted it.

Sure - there's 'wooden' acting in all three of them, that's nothing new.

Jake Lloyd did well, considering the situation he was in the midst of. It was a VERY overwhelming & heady period for all concerned; SW was experiencing a renaissance of mammoth proportions in the late 90s. You can't blame the kid for much at all - it's like shooting the messenger.

However, despite the Gungan BS, the midichlorians, the Ernest Borgnine Yoda puppet etc, TPM still engages viewers on a pretty basic level, & has aged far better than the other two. Ian McDiamird, Liam Neeson, & Ewan McGregor are brilliant. Natalie Portman was great too, but was still fitting into her role - & having to deal with Lucas' silly haphazard approach to directing her character. I always defend Natalie.. :)

The locations, sets, & the Maul battle at the end are all excellent. It feels much more SW than the other two.

I just can't stand it. And i we are talking about final battles the final battle in Clones was a lot better than the one in TPM. I mean we get to see two duels pretty much, and the bad guy wins.
Darth Maul was the best thing of the trilogy, But to be honest I like the fight in Clones a lot more. For me the best of the 3 is Revenge. the cut all the silly crap, We got to see the Wookie planet, Obi Wan finally looked decent and didn't have a mullet anymore :lol

The first one, well the sets are nice, but the boring story and the actors make me hate the most.

I just can't stand it. And i we are talking about final battles the final battle in Clones was a lot better than the one in TPM. I mean we get to see two duels pretty much, and the bad guy wins.
Darth Maul was the best thing of the trilogy, But to be honest I like the fight in Clones a lot more. For me the best of the 3 is Revenge. the cut all the silly crap, We got to see the Wookie planet, Obi Wan finally looked decent and didn't have a mullet anymore :lol

The first one, well the sets are nice, but the boring story and the actors make me hate the most.
Well, I disagree with much of that - but hey, that's why we're all different. :)

Seeing Yoda fight was better than seeing Qui-Gon Jinn die :lol

Ehh..

When I first saw AOTC in the cinema - I loved it. After subsequent viewings, the sheen started to wear off rather quickly. It's a painful experience to sit through - any time I do watch it now, the FF button is my best friend.

The Yoda / Dooku battle at the end is stupid - utterly ridiculous. Watching the 'making of' material, Lucas even makes mention of the fact that if at any point Yoda looks comical.. it's over. That WHOLE sequence looked like that.

Lee's head on a stunt double was obvious. The little frog guy bouncing around & looking CGI mad was the kicker.

How can you possibly defend that garbage? :lol

well not defend in general but comparing it to TPM, that PM fight was really fake too

No one had any emotion, It felt like everyone in Phantom was a droid in human skin or something.
If the droids were killing people and wearing their skins, I probably would have been a bit more interested in that film.

gb0a900e7.jpg

Lee's head on a stunt double was obvious. The little frog guy bouncing around & looking CGI mad was the kicker.

How can you possibly defend that garbage? :lol
Some people love that scene. Honestly, the crowd in the theater when I saw it were thrilled to death with it, cheering, etc. while I only cringed in horror and disgust.

Yoda talks constantly about mind over matter, calming yourself, but when we finally see him in battle he's a spastic flipping hot mess, full of untamed emotions.

:lol:lol yeah Yoda is a mess. I always love how Anakin is having so many internal problems specially in the third one and Yoda is pretty much blind to everything :rotfl

Honestly, the Jedi - collectively, are a joke in the PT.

They're supposed to be finely tuned to the Force & their surroundings, yet they're oblivious in Ep1 that there's a Sith Lord under their nose - rubbing **** in their face, & by the end - they're dropping like flies.

The office scene in ROTS where Mace & Co arrive to arrest Palpatine is priceless. The choreography in that whole sequence is deplorably pathetic. A couple of snail paced lunges - & Palpy cleans eveyone up. COME ON!!! :lol

well not defend in general but comparing it to TPM, that PM fight was really fake too
What? :lol :nono

If you're referring to the leaps & jumps all three do - it's a fictional world, so in context it's more than fine.

Three guys in their prime (give or take), doing wire work - is not just cool, but helps the story visually. Additionally, all three characters are real actors on set - all playing off each other's performances, & are part of the choreography - *most notably Ray Park*, with the exception of some things Ewan & Liam weren't able to do. The end result, was a sequence that kicked *ss from start to finish.

Then you have Christopher Lee.. & Yoda (ILM). Lee spoke dialogue.. & moved his arms a little. ILM did the rest.

Your argument just fell into a heap & died. :huh :lol

Last edited:

They're supposed to be finely tuned to the Force & their surroundings, yet they're oblivious in Ep1 that there's a Sith Lord under their nose - rubbing **** in their face, & by the end - they're dropping like flies.

The office scene in ROTS where Mace & Co arrive to arrest Palpatine is priceless. The choreography in that whole sequence is deplorably pathetic. A couple of snail paced lunges - & Palpy cleans eveyone up. COME ON!!! :lol

Well, if you're referring to the leaps & jumps all three do - it's a fictional world, so in context it's more than fine. Additionally, all three characters are real actors on set - all playing off each other's performances, & are part of the choreography - *most notably Ray Park*, with the exception of some things Swan & Liam weren't able to do.

Then you have Christopher Lee.. & Yoda (ILM).

Lee spoke dialogue.. & moved his arms a little. ILM did the rest.

Your POV just fell into a heap & died. :lol

:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

For me the best of the 3 is Revenge. the cut all the silly crap, We got to see the Wookie planet, Obi Wan finally looked decent and didn't have a mullet anymore :lol

They didn't cut the silly crap. Look no further than the beginning of the film with all the R2 VS battle droids 'comedy'. I blinked during the Wookie scenes and missed them completely. Horribly written characters destroyed the rest.

What? :lol :nono

Three guys in their prime (give or take), doing wire work - is not just cool, but helps the story visually. Additionally, all three characters are real actors on set - all playing off each other's performances, & are part of the choreography - *most notably Ray Park*, with the exception of some things Ewan & Liam weren't able to do. The end result, was a sequence that kicked *ss from start to finish.

I'm not a huge fan of the prequels but I honestly really enjoyed that fight scene. I thought it was one of the bright spots of the entire prequel trilogy. Just wish Maul had lived haha. :rotfl

Perfectly stated. I have always hated how he destroys 3 jedi in 2 seconds with almost no skill. And the fact that the jedi get wiped out by a whiny sith and clone troopers. pathetic.

I was like 10 when RotS came out and even at that age I remember sitting in the theater with a puzzled look on my face during that Palpatine confrontation scene.

He literally just hops over to them, takes his time, and lunges at them while they do nothing to defend themselves. I don't think there was a worse possible way to show his superior force knowledge and skill in combat to the Jedi.

It's similar to the Wolf predator in AvP:R. He's supposed to be this unstoppable badass, but he shows no skill to back it up. All the aliens he fights just wriggle around and squeal like pigs. :lol

Back