Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

I don't know.

I'm a huge fan of the droids - & Mr Daniels' contribution in the OT of course, but ever since TPM he just didn't sit right with me as far as his voice acting went. It just got more & more feminine & campy as the movies went along - & I'm not saying that in a spiteful way, but by ROTS he sounded nothing like the iconic 3PO from 1977. That's of course to be expected in the real world; one's voice changes as they get older, but it's a bad fit for the character's consistency. Whether he intentionally camped it up more so, I'm not sure about.. but yeah - it always annoyed me.

If he's keen to jump back in again, good for him. I just hope he gets to shine in the next film (pun intended), not be the butt of poorly thought out Vaudeville gags as Lucas had him be from 1999-2005.

I don't know.

I'm a huge fan of the droids - & Mr Daniels' contribution in the OT of course, but ever since TPM he just didn't sit right with me as far as his voice acting went. It just got more & more feminine & campy as the movies went along - & I'm not saying that in a spiteful way, but by ROTS he sounded nothing like the iconic 3PO from 1977. That's of course to be expected in the real world; one's voice changes as they get older, but it's a bad fit for the character's consistency. Whether he intentionally camped it up more so, I'm not sure about.. but yeah - it always annoyed me.

If he's keen to jump back in again, good for him. I just hope he gets to shine in the next film (pun intended), not be the butt of poorly thought out Vaudeville gags as Lucas had him be from 1999-2005.

Great post. 100% agree.

I agree that he never sounded quite the same as in the OT. Alas what choice is there. I doubt anyone else could sound more like young Anthony Daniels than old Anthony Daniels.

I honestly can't remember how he sounded in the prequels, but I can't support recasting the voice while Daniels is still willing and able to do it. Seems very possible (probable?) that he was instructed to speak differently in the prequels by George or one of his yes men. Because nothing in the original films was quite good enough.

I honestly can't remember how he sounded in the prequels, but I can't support recasting the voice while Daniels is still willing and able to do it. Seems very possible (probable?) that he was instructed to speak differently in the prequels by George or one of his yes men. Because nothing in the original films was quite good enough.

I wouldn't like to see him recast, no way. Just to stop doing that weird "baby" voice he seemed to do in the prequels.
:lol

But hey look, its gonna be 30 years later. Its OK if Threepio sounds older.......ehhh...

But hey look, its gonna be 30 years later. Its OK if Threepio sounds older.......ehhh...
Shh. . .

g20da6129.jpg

Good guess at Disney logo opening!
I can't even watch Attack of the Clones...dreadful

If you recast Daniels because of age, you gotta recast Carrie Fisher for being a old, chucky junky.

We're all going to be let down with their return, just accept it now and it won't hurt as much later. :lol

I don't think anything can compare to the disbelief and pain I had after the Phantom Menace, my very soul had been raped abused and tortured. I still have to cry myself to sleep every night listening to the sound of are you an angel?

Not that people don't change their minds, but I remember reading a while back that Anthony Daniels was pretty reluctant to wear the suit again.

He mentioned the physicality & effort needed to work in it was taking it's toll on him as an older person. I imagine how ever many years later.. it'd only be worse.

Since when does he need to be in full costume for rehearsal :slap

I'm 100% certain he'll not be in the golden rod suit anyway, but he'll probably still be on set to deliver 3PO's lines if they think its necessary. And we don't know that he's not playing that phoney captain again :lol

I kind of wish they replaced Carrie Fisher with cassandra peterson, they dont look that different and I think she could have passed as Leia

I kind of wish they replaced Carrie Fisher with cassandra peterson, they dont look that different and I think she could have passed as Leia

Clearly you're high as they don't look a bit alike. Besides that, if they're gonna start recasting main characters, there's no point in doing an Episode VII. They might as well just reboot it, or go with a different timeline like Legacy or the Old Republic.

Clearly you're high as they don't look a bit alike. Besides that, if they're gonna start recasting main characters, there's no point in doing an Episode VII. They might as well just reboot it, or go with a different timeline like Legacy or the Old Republic.

:exactly:

Harrison is Han, Mark is Luke and Carrie is Leia. If you don't want the original's in the film go and watch Moore's Battlestar Galactica....

well they obviously don't look the same, but she could pass as an older Leia. I could definitely see Cassandra wearing some of the outfits Leia wore in the movies, She could still rock those.

well they obviously don't look the same, but she could pass as an older Leia. I could definitely see Cassandra wearing some of the outfits Leia wore in the movies, She could still rock those.

WHO GIVES A ****?! :lol Seriously. :dunno

If Cassandra (Elvira) wanted to play a SW character, I'm sure they could find a role for her to play. Maybe a sexy GILF Twi'lek prostitute or something? Carrie Fisher is Leia Organa (Solo) is Carrie Fisher.

Elvira is old now. Cast someone younger:

FmxnoOs.jpg

Back