Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

If we're recasting...hmmm let's have Selena Gomez as Leah, Beiber as Luke and Zac Ephron as Han, Benji as Chewie, Wall-E as R2D2, a gold "back massager" as C3PO, the list goes on and on haha. I'm just having fun but seriously...

There were rumors of recasting Leah several months back but those died out, recasting the original 3 isn't proper, especially to purists of the OT. If they were going to do that best off to have a story where she was either killed during the space in between movies or go with a completely different timeline as said above.

I think Olympia Dukakis could totally pull it off. They're like twins.

If we're recasting...hmmm let's have Selena Gomez as Leah, Beiber as Luke and Zac Ephron as Han, Benji as Chewie, Wall-E as R2D2, a gold "back massager" as C3PO, the list goes on and on haha. I'm just having fun but seriously...

There were rumors of recasting Leah several months back but those died out, recasting the original 3 isn't proper, especially to purists of the OT. If they were going to do that best off to have a story where she was either killed during the space in between movies or go with a completely different timeline as said above.

Selena Gomez could probably do a great Leah, but Leia... :cuckoo::nono

Elvira is old now. Cast someone younger:

FmxnoOs.jpg

why does this woman have a beard? i do not understand this

If we're recasting, can we make sure that if they do reference the PT, or show us an anakin force ghost, they use a block of wood? It has a better acting range.

Word has leaked that Luke's endoskeleton will be covered with skin that will age him to look like an emporer clone.

The Sith have learned how to manipulate the midichlorian codex. :panic:

Arnold Shwarzanagor will play Darth Conan. :panic:

Word has leaked that Luke's endoskeleton will be covered with skin that will age him to look like an emporer clone.

The Sith have learned how to manipulate the midichlorian codex. :panic:

Arnold Shwarzanagor will play Darth Conan. :panic:

tumblr_m8fpngd5qp1qih9emo2_500.gif

Wonder if Luke's cybernetic hand will have 60 year old skin covering it?:lol

They'd better just glove it we wouldn't want all the Arnie/T-800 defenders griping on this thread on how Luke's artificial hand doesn't look like it was made in 1980 would we? :lecture

Story:

CinemaCon is the official convention of NATO, the National Association of Theater Owners, and it's a huge to-do in Las Vegas. The Hollywood studios come with massive presentations and parade A list stars to convince the theater owners that their upcoming movies deserve as many screens as possible. It's all about maintaining relationships between the people who create content and the people who put that content on their screens. This means the studios like showing off all their best stuff to excite these people, and as Disney started their presentation today and the Star Wars logo hit the screen the crowd got excited.

What you have to understand about the CinemaCon crowd is that these are business owners, not cinephiles. I heard some of them complaining that Neighbors had too much cussing after a screening last night. That makes it interesting to see what they get psyched about, as they're quite mainstream. And they quickly got thrilled when that logo, flanked by X-Wing Fighters, showed up.

And they got just as quickly deflated as Disney's Alan Horn said they weren't ready to share any new information, only re-iterating we'll see familiar faces and a trio of new heroes. When I say they got deflated I mean they groaned collectively.

This was interesting to me because these aren't fanboys. Previous disappointed reactions have been written off as coming from fan entitlement, but these CinemaCon goers are 100% regular middle Americans. And they felt like Alan Horn should have said... something.

At this point I have a clinical interest in when we'll find out official Star Wars info; with the movie shooting in five weeks (Horn re-confirmed a May start) casting will be known to all by the end of April... right?

So a logo, excitement then disappointment.

Hollywood will be hard pressed to ever match that level of disappointment again. 30 years of anticipation helped kill that high. :lol

It wasn't so bad really, if I had to describe the feeling during TPM, it was like having splinters being placed under all my nails.

Then going back for 2 more. :lol

Star Wars: The taxation of trade routes

It wasn't so bad really, if I had to describe the feeling during TPM, it was like having splinters being placed under all my nails.

Then going back for 2 more. :lol

TPM - The most excitement ever felt while waiting for the opening credit scroll

AOTC - Praying to god they corrected everything from the first

ROTS - Drunk with friends to MST3k the entire joke of a movie.

Everything you love about C-Span with a Jedi Babysitter!

attachment.php

TPM - The most excitement ever felt while waiting for the opening credit scroll

AOTC - Praying to god they corrected everything from the first

ROTS - Drunk with friends to MST3k the entire joke of a movie.

image.jpg

You guys are being way too harsh on TPM. :lol

It's got more redeeming aspects than the other two PT films combined.

Back