Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

I remember my eyes doing a 360 when Anakin said in the middle of the climactic lightsaber duel ''from my point of view the jedi are evil''. Great sparring dialogue. :rolleyes2

Yoda talks constantly about mind over matter, calming yourself, but when we finally see him in battle he's a spastic flipping hot mess, full of untamed emotions.

As an old man, who had been humiliated, yes, He does. Becuase hindsight is 20/20. Making him this spastic combatant who flops around like a bunny on speed, and basicly looses to two geriactirc sith to learn that lesson works.

IF you can look past the campy Dialog.

I remember my eyes doing a 360 when Anakin said in the middle of the climactic lightsaber duel ''from my point of view the jedi are evil''. Great sparring dialogue. :rolleyes2

So polite of Anakin to give that "from my point of view" disclaimer. They should have done that the whole fight.

"Senator Palpatine is evil from a certain point of view!"

"Well from my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

"Then you are lost in my opinion!"

As an old man, who had been humiliated, yes, He does. Becuase hindsight is 20/20. Making him this spastic combatant who flops around like a bunny on speed, and basicly looses to two geriactirc sith to learn that lesson works.

IF you can look past the campy Dialog.
Don't try & justify it.. please. :lol

He was old in the PT - just not 900 years old.

No doubt! :lol

The guy can't act.

"If you're not with me, then you're my ani-me!" :lol

"You WILL try..." WTF?! :rotfl

I'll justify it further:

Yoda in the OT was a follower of the living force.

Yoda in the PT was a follower of the dogma that had built up around the Jedi order over thousands of years.

For me, that accounts for the difference in character between the two versions of Yoda we have seen.

:D

w03sm.jpg

I'll justify it further:

Yoda in the OT was a follower of the living force.

Yoda in the PT was a follower of the dogma that had built up around the Jedi order over thousands of years.

For me, that accounts for the difference in character between the two versions of Yoda we have seen.

:D
That would be understandable, for those further down the ladder perhaps.. but Yoda was a leader in the order. Anyone on the council should've had enough experience to know better, really.

That said - Qui-Gon seemed to see through the BS, so in that sense I think yeah - the Jedi order as a whole had bags over their heads. :lol

So polite of Anakin to give that "from my point of view" disclaimer. They should have done that the whole fight.

"Senator Palpatine is evil from a certain point of view!"

"Well from my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

"Then you are lost in my opinion!"

''I beg to differ Obi-wan'' *as he lunges with sabre* ''YOU are the one who is lost''

*Obi-wan deflects* ''if you insist to make such proclamation, you must be able to support it with due reference to facts!'' *counter-attacks with sabre*

*as Anakin defends* ''...and I shall if you will be so inclined as to listen!''

''SO be it! Speak Anakin if you please!''

''...pause fight?''

''yes of course.... but lets jump over to that embankment first, I think my boots are melting onto my feet''

Last edited:

The hypocrisy of the Jedi.....

Obi-Wan Kenobi in RotS said:
'Only a Jedi deals in absolutes'

Yoda in ESB said:
'Do or do not, there is no try'

I believe GL was attempting to point out that the Jedi were far from perfect, whilst trying to make Anakin less evil for choosing to join the Sith (even though he murders children).

''I beg to differ Obi-wan'' *as he lunges with sabre* ''YOU are the one who is lost''

*Obi-wan deflects* ''if you insist to make such proclamation, you must be able to support it with due reference to facts!'' *counter-attacks with sabre*

*as Anakin defends* ''...and I shall if you will be so inclined as to listen!''

''SO be it! Speak Anakin if you please!''

''...pause fight?''

''yes of course.... but lets jump over to that embankment first, I think my boots are melting onto my feet''
106006-well-spoken-sir-gif-Imgur-Prin-FEGD.gif

What? :lol :nono

If you're referring to the leaps & jumps all three do - it's a fictional world, so in context it's more than fine.

Three guys in their prime (give or take), doing wire work - is not just cool, but helps the story visually. Additionally, all three characters are real actors on set - all playing off each other's performances, & are part of the choreography - *most notably Ray Park*, with the exception of some things Ewan & Liam weren't able to do. The end result, was a sequence that kicked *ss from start to finish.

Then you have Christopher Lee.. & Yoda (ILM). Lee spoke dialogue.. & moved his arms a little. ILM did the rest.

Your argument just fell into a heap & died. :huh :lol

but in the first one it felt like a dance. They might be real actors doing wire work, but the scene was choreographed so much it feels like they might as well be doing a ballet dance with sabers.

So, Yeah technically that fight is real in the sense that you have real actors. But the performance and the crappy dance routine makes it feel just as fake to me.
After all we are seeing 3 people in front of a green screen moving their arms around aimlessly. And Christopher Lee might have had a stunt Double, but that stunt double is a real guy, That's a real person, so you could say that the fight of the 2 jedi with Lee was "Real" in the sense that there really was a person with them.

It seems like this film is taking forever to cast its lead roles :lol They are supposed to start filming in May..

I guess it's different than the comic book movies who announce the actors months before they film :dunno

No I think it's just Abrams. The dude is the Illuminati of the film world. Pretty sure he took down the Malaysian flight, too.

I'm sure they already have the entire cast ready to rock but yeah, Abrams is definitely tight lipped as I'm sure everyone else has to be. Why the big secret?
It would be interesting if they kept the entire storyline and cast a secret all the way till opening day. Honestly a preview with just SWVII scrolling would still have everyone waiting outside. It's like having a baby and waiting to know what sex it is haha.

Back