Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Didn't GL want to use the puppet again in AOTC but ILM talked him out of it with their amazing CGI Yoda. I thought I read that. Maybe it was another team of his.

I know I'm gonna get hung, drawn and quartered and then dipped in boiling oil for saying this...

I liked the Ewoks blinking in the latest version of ROTJ.

I know I'm gonna get hung, drawn and quartered and then dipped in boiling oil for saying this...

I liked the Ewoks blinking in the latest version of ROTJ.
triple-h-angry.gif

I was finally able to sleep when Lucas made the ewoks blink. It was a long time coming. I thought he'd surely do it in '97....

I liked the PM hippie yoda puppet better then the crap cartoon pt yoda, just no life in that. The OT yoda just a fantastic creation though.

Question is why was a puppet from 20 years prior better than what they came up with in 1999? Similarly why was a Predator suit from 1987 more realistic looking than anything they've used since 2004?

Last edited:

or why did the dinosaurs from jurassic park 1 and 2 look better than they did in jp3

I liked how the Yoda puppets eyes were never looking in the same direction.

Guess that is a byproduct of having a hand up your ***.

or why did the dinosaurs from jurassic park 1 and 2 look better than they did in jp3

To this day, the CG from the original Jurassic Park, still looks stunning, much better than a lot of films 20 years later.

to me that puppet from TPM always kind of looked like an elder Gremlin or something. Like if one of the Gremlins escaped and was able to live for a long time in the woods. And he would look like that puppet lol

Question is why was a puppet from 20 years prior better than what they came up with in 1999?
Henson, and his direct influence on the Creature Shop, died in the intervening time. Henson had taste and good sense, but not much coming from the Muppets since then has been. Particularly in the 1990s through mid-2000s or so.

Back