Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me or does the lightsaber handle look like a lipstick tube and the "blade" look like a lipstick smear on the wall? Um, no.

Folks may find this interesting, but I will pass. I couldn't make it past the first episode of Ahsoka, no way I would make it that far with this. Odds are it's a other D+ "Willow". No thanks.

Is it just me or does the lightsaber handle look like a lipstick tube and the "blade" look like a lipstick smear on the wall? Um, no.

Folks may find this interesting, but I will pass. I couldn't make it past the first episode of Ahsoka, no way I would make it that far with this. Odds are it's a other D+ "Willow". No thanks.
Looks like blood to me :dunno.

While I'm pretty sure this will be terrible (based on what I've heard and Disney's overall track record) that art very distinctly looks like blood to me, a take on Khyber (is that how you spell it?) crystals 'bleeding' when Dark Side users start channeling them or whatever.

Until Disney stop locking their content behind a paywall and put it out on general release, I just can't get behind it. I liked Book of Boba Fett, but, I had to resort to bootleg DVD's to see it. I tried to do the same with The Mandalorian, but, low quality discs and transfers made it practically unwatchable. This was NOT Walt's vision, he wanted his content to be seen by everyone everywhere. Disney+ is more like Disney- to me!

"But it's only £5.99 a month!"

On top of everything else, those subscriptions start to mount up. A DVD box set costs way less than a year's subscription, and you own it.

Until Disney stop locking their content behind a paywall and put it out on general release, I just can't get behind it. I liked Book of Boba Fett, but, I had to resort to bootleg DVD's to see it. I tried to do the same with The Mandalorian, but, low quality discs and transfers made it practically unwatchable. This was NOT Walt's vision, he wanted his content to be seen by everyone everywhere. Disney+ is more like Disney- to me!

"But it's only £5.99 a month!"

On top of everything else, those subscriptions start to mount up. A DVD box set costs way less than a year's subscription, and you own it.
Andor on 4k Bluray is £50, same with Kenobi...so $100. You can subscribe for a month and watch both for $6. I understand it's a different story if you want to go back and rewatch that stuff over and over though and it is nice having physical copies..

Trailer is up. Personally I think it looks amazing. I've always wanted to see the shock, horror and confusion portrayed as Jedi see the emergence of a red lightsaber (since Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon didn't really seem to care).

Also, martial arts mixed with the force? Yes please.

Two things.
“Someone is killing jedi. It doesn’t make sense”
Buddy how many times have jedi been a target? lol. Come on

And please tell me they didn’t give that man the kilmonger haircut.😞

Anyway. It looks pretty interesting

Upon casual inspection it doesn't look as bad as I expected but ... nothing compelling there either.

Given how long the Sith have been hidden and how many times they're thought to be extinct etc. I've always kinda wondered why Jedi keep training to duel other lightsabers. Sure it can be explained a couple of ways but it still seems odd that they train so hard to face "extinct" opponents.

Well it is in an age where Sith are believed to be extinct.
It rhymes! Like Poetry.

ShitAdiMundi.jpg

Andor on 4k Bluray is £50, same with Kenobi...so $100. You can subscribe for a month and watch both for $6. I understand it's a different story if you want to go back and rewatch that stuff over and over though and it is nice having physical copies..
I don't have a BluRay player, so that's paywall TV and format elitism, nice one Disney!

Back