Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Futurion

Super Freak
Reaction score
Leslye Headland brings a new @StarWars series to @DisneyPlus with The Acolyte. ?The Acolyte? is a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era.

star-was-acolyte.jpg

So much SW stuff being planned by Disney because of the popularity of The Mandalorian. It’s just a matter of time before it all implodes.

Silly Disney. Star Wars is for Favreau.

The Good: Kenobi, Ahsoka, Bad Batch

The Ok: Andor

The Crap: Lando, Rangers, Rogue, Visions, Acolyte

I want to be hopeful for Kenobi, but I think it will be in the okay pile. It seems to be a show plagued by writing and other problems, and I think aside from McGregor having some charisma, will be boring.

Plus, most of these shows may try to rip off the Mandalorian...which is going to get boring fast.

So much SW stuff being planned by Disney because of the popularity of The Mandalorian. It’s just a matter of time before it all implodes.

Silly Disney. Star Wars is for Favreau.

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson. That glut will do more harm than good to the property.

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson. That glut will do more harm than good to the property.

I was ecstatic to learn Kenobi was going forward and fully expected Ahsoka to get her own series because she was executed perfectly in TM but seeing all these other shows being shotgun blasted out really doesn’t bode well.

I was ecstatic to learn Kenobi was going forward and fully expected Ahsoka to get her own series because she was executed perfectly in TM but seeing all these other shows being shotgun blasted out really doesn’t bode well.

They smell blood in the water following 'Mandalorian's' success, but I think the result is going to be diluted and incoherent. They're going for Marvel's diverse narrative voices, but I don't think they have the unifying vision and talent to pull it off.

They smell blood in the water following 'Mandalorian's' success, but I think the result is going to be diluted and incoherent. They're going for Marvel's diverse narrative voices, but I don't think they have the unifying vision and talent to pull it off.

I think you’re right. They have to really tighten the reins and carry that similar tone throughout the shows. Just looking at season one of TM and the criticism the disjointed feel of differently directed episodes got and how much better the overall tone and feel of season two has been, you can tell Favreau really listened to and understood the problem. I just don’t think Disney as a whole is capable of understanding that.

I actually think they have the vision and talent to pull it off (Jon and Dave), but not the characters. These shows seem to come from trash KK and the trash story board.

I mean, come on.

Cassian freakin Andor has his own TV series? A character that is not loved. Bombed in toy sales. And his droid is far more liked than he is. What in the hell were they thinking?

Same goes with Lando. Mixed reactions. Bombed in toy sales. Droid has mixed reactions.

Then we get these trash shows from the High Republic and Rangers?

You have Boba Fett. You have Darth Maul. You have Mace Windu. Characters and actors that are beloved and well like. And what do they do for them? NOTHING! It is incomprehensible.

We could have gotten a Prequel Darth Maul series, set before TPM, that would have been awesome.

We could have gotten a Mace Windu story, with Samuel L Freaking Jackson, that would have been awesome.

We could have gotten a OT Fett or Mando Fett that would have been awesome.

Instead, we get utter dog ****.

I think you’re right. They have to really tighten the reins and carry that similar tone throughout the shows. Just looking at season one of TM and the criticism the disjointed feel of differently directed episodes got and how much better the overall tone and feel of season two has been, you can tell Favreau really listened to and understood the problem. I just don’t think Disney as a whole is capable of understanding that.

Star Wars is not a by-committee, focus group property. It's a passionate, weird endeavour for the obsessed. That's why Kennedy and her minions **** up. Even Lucas screwed up (IMO) when he forgot where he came from and lost that feeling.

I actually think they have the vision and talent to pull it off (Jon and Dave), but not the characters. These shows seem to come from trash KK and the trash story board.

Not sure how much Favreau and Filoni will be involved ..? I have issues with the latter but I'll grant that he's infinitely better suited than Kennedy and her hand-picked hacks.

I do think that Glover has a ton of charisma and the kind of gonzo chaos that *could* swirl around a young Lando has GOTG potential. But who would pull that off? And at that point is it really Star Wars? What works for MCU can't just be tacked on to a different animal.

I do think that Glover has a ton of charisma and the kind of gonzo chaos that *could* swirl around a young Lando has GOTG potential. But who would pull that off? And at that point is it really Star Wars? What works for MCU can't just be tacked on to a different animal.

That could be a curse but also a blessing. The more they stray from the core Skywalker/Palpatine narrative the easier it will be to dismiss when it all sucks, lol.

That could be a curse but also a blessing. The more they stray from the core Skywalker/Palpatine narrative the easier it will be to dismiss when it all sucks, lol.

Yikes. Khev and I agree again. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
But who cares? If we get another decent show it'll be cool, if not, nobody will care.

Back