Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh-huh. Wonder how many of you were skewering Mando before it came out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't recall anyone skewering Mando before release - to any great degree I mean.:dunno

It's when they hire the creator of "Dear White People" to run the show about the iconic black SW character that it is 100% justified to be skewering it before it comes out - because it's 100% clear there's an agenda and what it is.

I don't recall anyone skewering Mando before release - to any great degree I mean.:dunno

It's when they hire the creator of "Dear White People" to run the show about the iconic black SW character that it is 100% justified to be skewering it before it comes out - because it's 100% clear there's an agenda and what it is.

What's the agenda?

So, everything that person works on is instantly going to be racially charged, because of their past work?

Ok, can't wait to watch Hugo, I'm dying to see more of Scorsese delving into the underbelly of the Italian American experience.

Also, George Miller directed Babe, which I assume must be a sequel to Road Warrior. Probably following that feral kid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

All you have to do is look at who they hired and who is still helping write these stories (the same who brought you the ST) and you will know that most of these shows will suck.

Uh people ripped apart Bryce Howard for her first Mandalorian episode and loved the second one she did.

Hell, people here were shredding the Mandalorian here as well and refuse to give credit to anyone connected to the ST for that.

The hate boner people seem to have for anyone connected to the ST is obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate boner. :lol

giphy.gif

The single purpose of the internet is to hate-fest on FAILS. A mistake of any kind must be utterly destroyed, criticized and endlessly pointed out as an example.

Even your use of pairing hate with a boner displays the pleasure derived from hating a fail.

Now quickly, everyone take their hate-boners and head for the Wonder Woman thread.

The single purpose of the internet is to hate-fest on FAILS. A mistake of any kind must be utterly destroyed, criticized and endlessly pointed out as an example.

Even your use of pairing hate with a boner displays the pleasure derived from hating a fail.

Now quickly, everyone take their hate-boners and head for the Wonder Woman thread.

And no drive-by hating in the Snyder Cut thread on the way! :rotfl

Uh people ripped apart Bryce Howard for her first Mandalorian episode and loved the second one she did.

Hell, people here were shredding the Mandalorian here as well and refuse to give credit to anyone connected to the ST for that.

The ST is utter trash. I wouldn?t use it to wipe a wookies ass with. Anything connected with that utter failure that destroyed iconic heroes from every trilogy will ultimately turn to crap. Hate boner is fully justified.

And no drive-by hating in the Snyder Cut thread on the way! :rotfl

Oh man, that?s directors cut is gonna be a internet breaking 10 things I hate about / all the mistakes found in / what should have happened video Youtube posting piranha feeding frenzies

Wonder Woman will be given a pass cause , Gal?s boobies.

The ST is utter trash. I wouldn?t use it to wipe a wookies ass with. Anything connected with that utter failure that destroyed iconic heroes from every trilogy will ultimately turn to crap. Hate boner is fully justified.

You spelled PT wrong in the first sentence.
;)

Howard's debut episode was arguably one of, if not the weakest, episode in the season, but she came back with a straight-up banger. We just never know until we see it.

The ST topic has been beaten to death, due in no small part to fan-atics who take every opportunity to tenuously connect every goddamn thing to those very divisive films ... and in a way I get it. It's what a true fan does. They're expressing their love for something and they're free to do so.

But there are many, many reasons for other fans to harbour hatred in their pants for the ST, and it's also understandable that they don't want it polluting the scope of entertainment they enjoy. It well may, or it may not, that remains to be seen. We just won't know until we see it.

I can't remember how many people were hostile to 'Mandalorian' before it was anything more than an idea, but I recall some complaining re: Boba Fett 'why wasn't it him' etc. -- my memory fails me.

The charges leveled at the new slate of stories are as amorphous and insubstantial as the shows' current status. I don't need to get in a 'debate' over it. The shows do not exist yet and we won't know how they're executed and what they will present until such time as they're available to view.

I hear the term 'agenda' thrown around a lot but no one who uses it will take the time to define exactly what that means. Unless it's defined with precision that complaint can be taken a number of different ways, some less charitable than others. To be honest I don't expect a civil discussion about that on these boards and it's maybe not the place anyway, in which case I wish people would stop trotting that out but there's a pipe dream.

That 'Lando' is being directed by Justin Simien tells me nothing in particular. Simien cites Inmar Bergman and Woody Allen amongst his directorial influences.

Will 'Lando' be shot in black and white? Will the musical score be '30s jazz? Is he in therapy?

These 'shows' are nothing more than title cards.

I can confirm that I have hatred in my pants for the ST.

I also had misgivings prior to Mando that they had shelved the Boba Fett game, then George Lucas TV series and then Disney Movie in favour of a show about a new Disney version of the same character (Boba lite). I'm also a big bombad fan of the old EU (now legends :monkey2) version of events and Fett surviving the sarlaac. However, upon seeing the first teasers and trailer I was intrigued and tentatively excited.

The first season of Mando was a breath of fresh air and each week it gently stoked the embers of the once roaring furnace (in my pants) that was my love for Star Wars (which had been doused almost completely by the combined efforts of JJ, KK and the Ruin). By the end of the season I was tentatively looking at SW collectibles again. Now with Season 2 they've even easily bettered whatever I had hoped would have happened to Boba in the aforementioned projects and what's even better, it's all new (no direct re-tread of the EU) and it's exciting. I'm back on the hype train and I'm buying Star Wars crap - well played Favreau and Filoni, my kids will now inherit a mound of plastic Star Wars junk rather than money and their futures selves thank you.

The hatred in my pants for the ST is still there though but each time new awesome content and announcements (like the Obi-wan series and my goddess Hayden returning) arrive it stands less to attention. I don't think I will ever accept the ST but this time 14 months ago I thought my love for Star Wars was dead so who knows.

I can confirm that I have hatred in my pants for the ST.

The hatred in my pants for the ST is still there though but each time new awesome content and announcements (like the Obi-wan series and my goddess Hayden returning) arrive it stands less to attention. I don't think I will ever accept the ST but this time 14 months ago I thought my love for Star Wars was dead so who knows.

Fair enough.

But I gotta ask. While I felt sorry for Hayden being targeted for what was likely a losing proposition from the start, meaning playing the most famous villain on screen in the flesh, why do you refer to him as a Godess?

He was a middle rate actor, given terrible lines, in mediocre films. It?s not his fault, but I fail to see what would elevate him to such status?

Unless it?s putting up with the toxic side of the fandom from all these years? For that, he deserves at least the title of Emperor.

Or was that a typo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back