Star Wars Tales of the Empire - May 4th 2024 (Disney+)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disney needs to make a rogue named Toxo Testo who talks s***, hits on SW babes, has adventures, and never learns anything but always wins.

It would be a massive hit in the US and globally.

Yeah, I guess its Peacemaker in Star Wars-land.
Sounds like the old Johnny Bravo cartoon from Cartoon Network. I would be down for a series like that.

God it's embarrassing to call myself a Star Wars fan today. I actually don't advertise it anymore.

I would never be caught dead wearing any of my old SW t-shirts. I don't even feel like the franchise is for males anymore at all.

Sure, I'll buy figures based on pre-Disney but I ain't watching nothing from this company.
I'm in the same boat as you! This is just another Girl Boss show.

They’ve been doing a really good job recently of showing why people hate the Empire.

I hope they keep making these short stories too.

The shots of the Inquisitor fortress under construction were chefs kiss.

Surprised more people here aren't into this show. I've only seen the first two eps so far, but it's far darker and edgier than any of the live action stuff we've been getting recently, and has pretty strong TCW vibes as well.

I wasn't really dying to know more about Morgan Ellsbeth, but they have made her journey a pretty interesting one so far.

Surprised more people here aren't into this show. I've only seen the first two eps so far, but it's far darker and edgier than any of the live action stuff we've been getting recently, and has pretty strong TCW vibes as well.

I wasn't really dying to know more about Morgan Ellsbeth, but they have made her journey a pretty interesting one so far.
Well, dark and edgy does not equal good. How is the writing??

I enjoyed it. I was definitely more interested in the Barris storyline, but I didn’t feel like I’d wasted my evening at the end.

I watched them all last night. Thought I'd be deleting them after watching, but the scenes of Elsbeth's compound convinced me to keep them.

That Kurosawa influenced Mandalorian episode with the duel between Ahsoka and Elsbeth was for me one of the most atmospheric scenes in modern Star Wars.

Did they really make a character with they/whatever pronouns in this show? Pretty nonsensical to think ruthless Jedi killers would have the decency to use those pronouns.

Did they really make a character with they/whatever pronouns in this show? Pretty nonsensical to think ruthless Jedi killers would have the decency to use those pronouns.
Who are you referring to? Didn’t even notice.

Who are you referring to? Didn’t even notice.
Apparently in the second episode the Jedi that the Fourth Sister is hunting with Bariss goes by they pronouns, and the Sister uses them multiple times.

Just when I thought we were starting to have nice things again.

Apparently in the second episode the Jedi that the Fourth Sister is hunting with Bariss goes by they pronouns, and the Sister uses them multiple times.

Just when I thought we were starting to have nice things again.
Apparently. People have referred to others as they long before the whole non-binary thing, both in real life and media. It’s not that deep, 0 reason to get worked up over it.

But I’m sure those neckbeard ragebait Youtubers are all crying their saltiest tears over it.

Apparently. People have referred to others as they long before the whole non-binary thing, both in real life and media. It’s not that deep, 0 reason to get worked up over it.

But I’m sure those neckbeard ragebait Youtubers are all crying their saltiest tears over it.
Depends how it is used. "They said xxxxx" is normal, "They is a xxxx" is not (one is correct, the other is modern pronoun nonsense and an assault on grammar).

I have not watched the show so have no idea if it is the former or the latter. If the former, then much ado over nothing, if the latter then folk should be allowed to complain.

Back