Star Wars Resistance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol @ the 91 critic score

Good to see everyone else is on the same page with this one... even 11 year olds :lol

Doesn't surprise me critics gave it 91% they gave TLJ 91% also....

A while back critics were complaining that Disney was strong arming them into giving their movies/shows high ratings or they wouldn't be invited to early screenings... Hmmm

If Disney doesn't replace Kennedy soon their 4 billion dollar investment is going to crash and burn....

How can one rate a whole season of a show when only, what, 4 episodes have aired?? Give me a break.

Because RT thinks everything Star Wars is great before it even comes out.

Also, cool sig. :rock

A while back critics were complaining that Disney was strong arming them into giving their movies/shows high ratings or they wouldn't be invited to early screenings... Hmmm

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this was true, but at the same time, I feel like part of this is just a conspiracy theory because if Disney actually paid off critics to write positive reviews for all of their movies, then films like A Wrinkle in Time would also have high critic scores (I haven't seen that film but based on the trailers it probably deserves a low score).

I feel like it has more to do with what I told Loki above because, prior to Disney purchasing Lucasfilm, the only Star Wars films on Rotten Tomatoes with rotten critic scores are The Phantom Menace and the 2008 Clone Wars movie. Not that I'm defending them of course, but the whole "Disney pays off critics" theory just doesn't add up when you look at the few Disney films on RT with low critic scores (some of which are as low as the 20's) and then look at very Star Wars movie post-2008 which are all in the 60's to 90's.

Writers need to be biased to have careers. They don't get paid by said company, but there jobs depend on breaking news, information, and being invited to premiers, previews and press announcements. Bad reviews gets you no invites which hurts your career.

No different than apple. They are the worst. How many times have you ever read anything negative about them? Because the writers fear they wont be invited to keynote speeches or get early phone samples as a demo to review. Being blacklisted is career suicide.

Same thing happens in many professions. Before there was the internet and you had to wait and buy magazines to read reviews on electronics, there were times you could never seem to find a printed article on that desired product you were waiting for. And why was that? Magazines relied on advertising dollars from sponsors, who just happened to be the companies whose products they reviewed and who sent them product demos. Bad reviews would eventually net you losing sponsors advertising revenue and products to review.

So, the unspoken rule was you wouldn't print a negative review. So therefore if a reader couldn't find reviews of certain products, it meant the publication didn't like it. And this is from professional experience, not just speculation.

This show is defiantly targeted at 8 year olds… Plus it doesn't help nobody is interested in the time period a few years before TFA... I rather see the time period 20 years before TFA, now that would be a lot more interesting...

They really need to explore the time before the prequels instead of always trying to give us fillers for what happened between the movies.

I finally caught this and watched the first 3 episodes. I went in initially expecting what we got from clone wars and rebels which was a show that had kid-type humor and writing but then slowly got deeper and darker to the point it wasnt really a kids show anymore.

Instead I got this show so obviously not giving two hoots about the adult fans and focusing entirely on the kid audience. I legit was waiting to hear the old acme sound effects while watching the episode. I really dont know if I can continue watching it.

Disney doesn't seem to understand that the OT knows no boundaries when concerning age. Why start now?

The close wars i really liked rebels was really really really average this one is pretty horrible.

I don’t watch this so I’ve only now discovered the character design for Commander Pyre. The First Order is getting iPhone-like in its colour variants!

Commander_Pyre_Max.jpg

Back