Star Wars Resistance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SW overload- Disney is too involved in making all they can fast...not looking at the big picture to space these SW properties out to create more demand...

You have the wrong marketing mindest.........this isn't our SW. It'll be re-invented every 3-5 yrs to grab the attention of more younglings. They bring a longer stretch of purchasing power than us old dudes and they don't require quality....look at the vines etc. they watch....ugh

I had a different view. It's not what I was expecting. Although I will give it a chance of course. At least TCW is coming back.

Oh boy.......

And I thought rebels was too kiddie at 1st. :slap

I loved the Clone Wars and Rebels grew on me over time as it became more mature. But this is an easy pass for me since as of now Star Wars ended with ROTJ. :wink1:

Wow, those are fantastic visuals, blows the hell out of TCW

levisuals.jpg

Oh boy.......

And I thought rebels was too kiddie at 1st. :slap

Yeah... lol wow, rebels doesn’t seem so kiddie in comparison to this. This is full on preschool level.

Hate the animation style too, looks really cheap like the really basic cel-shaded programs that used to populate the middle of the last decade

Hard pass.

But to be fair it may be great for the target audience which certainly is not me

OK, so the first movie was shot in England in 1976 with an exclusively white male cast. Now they're making sure that mistake will never ever be repeated. I GET IT ALREADY.

I am so sorry for my crime of being born white, and for all the cis male heteronormative patriarchy of my ancestors. I just pray it's not too late for me to get woke and enjoy my cast of various shades of brown people and aliens. I pray for the day they'll remake the original trilogy with a diverse cast and destroy all copies of the old versions, cause they're a hate crime and literally hitler.

...... the main character of this show is a white man. What are you talking about

Definitely not an evil cis scum white man. Look again. Look at his eyes and skin tone.

I'm so sorry for being white. I shouldn't have replied here without permission. Sorry.

IMO the stories and amination of The Clone Wars felt it was targeted at the older fans.... Rebels and Resistance both feel like their target audience is 12 year olds… I just think it's a mistake by Disney to ignore the bigger adult fan base... One of the reasons they cancelled Rebels was because the ratings were in the toilet at the end of the series...

I do find it interesting they're bringing back the Clone Wars for another season... I'm all in for that but I'll probably be skipping Resistance...

100% serious. Never much cared for the look of the TCW/Rebels shows. This new Voltron-esque style is 100 times better IMO.

Eek really?? Well different strokes..

I hate the look of the new animation.. Hate that style wherever it pops up.. A great story could help but since this takes place in the ST alternate Universe I really have no interest. :)

As for the animation in the CW and Rebels.. I can't speak for Rebels as I have only watched one episode... But there were times that CW was truly beautiful.

Back