Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I sold my SW OT discs for around $70 and the PT ones for about $25 a... more than paid for a used set of the BR. Also on a related note I sold my EE LOTR set for $50 then was able to pick up the EE BluRay for $50 off of Amazon :lol

So I was playing around with some of the new features on the Official Star Wars site when I came across the character page for Tauntauns. The images used are interesting and appear to be a CGI Tauntaun, one I've never seen. It's too detailed for the Clone Wars, and at one point I thought it actually may be a physical model...but I can't decide. Anywho, is this a new update to a future version of Star Wars we didn't see on the blu-ray, or is this tauntaun model from something I'm unaware of?

tauntaun_detail.png

Last edited:
Interesting. Could be just 3D images created to depict a generic taun, or what if its for the 3D version of ESB??

Interesting. Could be just 3D images created to depict a generic taun, or what if its for the 3D version of ESB??

But why would Lucasfilm create a 3D version for only this purpose? Doesn't seem productive. I wonder if they will be added to the background of Hoth, similarly to the banthas on Tatooine in ROTJ. Or maybe add CGI rebels on tauntauns to the Battle of Hoth?

You know something? Didn't they re-create Hoth for the new Star Tours ride? Maybe this Taun was used in those sequences?

Lucas can do whatever he wants, I'm done. I have my Harmy versions and I will be glad enough to watch them. I hope Harmy does a Bluray version though.

It's pretty sad that Lucas has totally alienated me (and others) from seeing or buying his "special" editions. My life is totally consumed with SW, but he's making it much easier to find other interests.

Speaking of Harmy. I was able to get my hands on his versions and hats off to him! I did notice in ESB on Cloud City when the gang is escaping on the falcon and picking up Luke from the weather vane, the shot with Vader saying bring me my shuttle was there. Now this was not in the original release right? I am 90 percent sure. So are the Harmy versions supposed to be exact to the theatrical versions?

Speaking of Harmy. I was able to get my hands on his versions and hats off to him! I did notice in ESB on Cloud City when the gang is escaping on the falcon and picking up Luke from the weather vane, the shot with Vader saying bring me my shuttle was there. Now this was not in the original release right? I am 90 percent sure. So are the Harmy versions supposed to be exact to the theatrical versions?

All of the original dialogue was restored in the Harmy versions. "Bring my shuttle" was what Vader said in 1980 and thank God its back.

Back