Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually bought the damn thing myself on impulse at Target. :lol I was all "damn, it comes with the lithograph set! How can I pass on that??" :slap:slap:slap

They actually ran out of the litho set when I got to Target.:slap I went to 3 Targets! I bought the 9 disc set anyway!:gah:

Got mine, and just finished watching Episode I (have to go in order).

The quality is much better than before, but there are areas where blacks are wrong or a weird color. But in general it's pretty good quality. This has the extended podrace and the Coruscant taxi ride, but no other deleted scenes added to the movie. The new Yoda looks really good, although the one shot of him at the end parade looks really weird, colors are wrong.
The only other change I noticed was that in the senate they cut the audio of everyone yelling "Vote Now!" and now it's just a crowded yelling. Not sure why they did that, maybe since most of the species wouldn't be speaking English and they wanted it to be realistic or something.

Did a quick check of the special features---I'm kind of disappointed. I was really looking forward to the model and prop 360-degree turnarounds to get some reference material, but there just isn't very many of those. Really hardly anything (the full list is available in the Blu-ray.com review). Almost all of the prequel stuff is useless (just concept models, which doesn't help at all) and it's kind of weird what things they chose to showcase, they had plenty of better options. Haven't checked the documentaries yet though.

Did you not attend math class fool? I don't have any children, but if I did of course I would show them IV-VI first, but as George's crow flies, the numbers go like this...

I-VI :lol Silly! :mad: What a piece of crap! :D

Star Wars math - IV, V, VI, I, II, III :yess:

When I saw the NOOOO scene I swore off buying these, but of course I'm a SW fan so couldn't resist not even for a day, did a quick flip through ROTJ, not bothered by the door, ewoks eyes look good, the NOOOO bothers me but not that much any more

Chris Gore (G4's attack of the show) had an interesting take on the order to watch: IV, V, I, II, III then VI. He said it was Star Wars Godfather II style. I may have to give that a go!

For those of you who visited Best Buy for the set, what size does that shirt come in. Many of us fanboys are a little on the chunky side.

Many of us fanboys are a little on the chunky side.

Probably from watching then in order as a marathon all day while eating potato chips . . .

tumblr_lrfg8duhtt1qatysbo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
So the Holiday Special cartoon is on one of the bonus discs? I caved and bought the set for $67 or so. Anyone want BluRay discs of Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi? PM me for reals.

Chris Gore (G4's attack of the show) had an interesting take on the order to watch: IV, V, I, II, III then VI. He said it was Star Wars Godfather II style. I may have to give that a go!
I've seen some others here suggest that (there are actually a couple threads floating around about the best order to watch). Makes some sense to me, that everything builds up to ROTJ. Luke's arc and Vader's arc--which are the focuses of all the other movies--both wrap up there, of course.

So the Holiday Special cartoon is on one of the bonus discs?

Seriously!???? Awesome! :yess:

Just got done watching TPM. Loved it. What a beautiful movie. Say what you want about the story and all that but the visuals, particularly anything Naboo related, are really quite jaw dropping.

Loved the new Yoda. They took a bunch of silly scenes with the old Jack Nicholson doobie smoking Yoda and really brought them up a notch.

I've seen some others here suggest that (there are actually a couple threads floating around about the best order to watch). Makes some sense to me, that everything builds up to ROTJ. Luke's arc and Vader's arc--which are the focuses of all the other movies--both wrap up there, of course.

Yep. That was how I had my wife watch them and it really made for a powerful arc. That was pre-No...nooooo of course.

Just finished watching TPM. To my (admittedly pretty poor) eyes, the movie looked better than it's looked since I saw it in the theater. Seen some reviews suggesting that the DNR cleaning is problematic, but I didn't notice too much loss of detail. I will say that the small bits that were filmed digitally stick out and look much worse than the rest of the movie.

I will also say that the subtlety of digital yoda is a stark contrast to the flippity-floppity hijinks of all the other digital critters in the movie. Makes me wonder how much more will be changed when GL batters our eyeballs with the 3-D version.

Looks awesome just finished episode 4 and now I'm watching 5 and the picture really looks great and the audio that's a solid A+. Must watch on bluray I'm really pleased with the purchase

Back