Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my set last monday here in OZ.
totally blown away by TPM that i took some quick snaps of the footage on my tv.

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Try tried watching them a while ago, and while the video plays perfectly fine, that are regular glitches in the sound. So I popped in Ep V to see if the same thing would happen, and it did.

I'm going to try looking it up to see what's causing the problem, but wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone here know the fix for it?

got my set last monday here in OZ.
totally blown away by TPM that i took some quick snaps of the footage on my tv.

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Damn I'm watching TESB and it's 2am I'm tempted to watch TPM after your pics. I agree with you I'm blown away with th picture and audio, episode 4 and 5 looks great doesn't look like a 25+ year old movie. IMO if you haven't seen this bluray SW your missing out

Try tried watching them a while ago, and while the video plays perfectly fine, that are regular glitches in the sound. So I popped in Ep V to see if the same thing would happen, and it did.

I'm going to try looking it up to see what's causing the problem, but wouldn't hurt to ask if anyone here know the fix for it?

What glitch are u having I've watched episode 4 and 5 tonight I haven't notice any issues with the sound while watching the movie with my surround sound system. I'm using a ps3 for playback

Last edited:
What glitch are u having I've watched episode 4 and 5 tonight I haven't notice any issues with the sound while watching the movie with my surround sound system. I'm using a ps3 for playback

The sound kind of just does a quick skip/drops out for a very very brief micro second, and it's something that happens every 30 seconds or so and begins right from the opening credits.

I'm using a cheap player (something called a Soniq), and am going to try on a different player later on. But this player has never had an issue with any other film before. Am trying to determine if it's the player or the discs fault.

The sound kind of just does a quick skip/drops out for a very very brief micro second, and it's something that happens every 30 seconds or so and begins right from the opening credits.

I'm using a cheap player (something called a Soniq), and am going to try on a different player later on. But this player has never had an issue with any other film before. Am trying to determine if it's the player or the discs fault.

Sorry to read that pal it's probably like what your assuming disc or player one of the two because for me the sounds is perfect I have never heard John Williams score like I have tonight with these blu rays and the FX via 6.1 SRS is 5/5. I hope you can resolve your problem bc I know how annoying it can be when all you want to do is sit back and enjoy a flick. All the best

A nice pic of IrishJedi's mid-morning haul:

SWblurayswag.jpg

Where'd you get that cool Boba Fett poster? How about those (what are they exactly?) prints on the lower-left side? I recognize the Darth Vader shirts on the lower-right side from where I work at Best Buy.

Let me know. Thanks! :wave

So it must be those prints or pictures on the lower left side that are from Target? :dunno

Because I found out on eBay that the poster with Boba Fett on it is a Walmart exclusive.

So have any changes to TESB been confirmed with this release?

I like that they added sounds of Anakin's mother screaming during his nightmare in AOTC. Makes that scene a lot less silly.

So have any changes to TESB been confirmed with this release?

I like that they added sounds of Anakin's mother screaming during his nightmare in AOTC. Makes that scene a lot less silly.

The only change I know of for TESB was they covered up the puppeteer's arm in the Wampa attack scene.

And there was always Anakin's mother screaming during the nightmare. Did they add more?

The only change I know of for TESB was they covered up the puppeteer's arm in the Wampa attack scene.

And there was always Anakin's mother screaming during the nightmare. Did they add more?

No, originally it was just Anakin himself saying, "Mom...mom no!" and stuff like that in his sleep, but now you can hear Shmi begging him for help.

Yes, it needs an update, but it's discontinued so Memorex no longer updates it. :gah:

Hey agen_kolar, time to do a little careful repair job on the player :computer.
If that doesn't work, maybe this will help until you get another blu-ray player :lsvader

I've been putting off getting a new player, and this will force me to do so, but I can't just go out and buy one right now. I'm paying off a recent trip to Europe. Ugh.

Memorex?? Don't they make betamax players? :rotfl

Yeah, it was a Woot.com buy. Cheap blu-ray I bought at least three years ago. It has served me well up until recent times.

No, originally it was just Anakin himself saying, "Mom...mom no!" and stuff like that in his sleep, but now you can hear Shmi begging him for help.

Yep. So no other comfirmed changes in AOTC or ROTS right? I've got AOTC on right now but its just playing in the background. It really is hard to sit down and pay full attention to that movie until the action heats up on Geonosis. :lol

Just finished watching TPM. To my (admittedly pretty poor) eyes, the movie looked better than it's looked since I saw it in the theater. Seen some reviews suggesting that the DNR cleaning is problematic, but I didn't notice too much loss of detail. I will say that the small bits that were filmed digitally stick out and look much worse than the rest of the movie.

I will also say that the subtlety of digital yoda is a stark contrast to the flippity-floppity hijinks of all the other digital critters in the movie. Makes me wonder how much more will be changed when GL batters our eyeballs with the 3-D version.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Back