Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice packaging. Nice discs. They look great. Shame about the ____ Lucas put in them.

"No... Noooo!" :va

Will not be buying anymore. Gutted. I've now become a 2004 DVD release purist lol. :slap

I think the turmoil a lot of people feel is due to the notion that their version of SW has been bastardized or ruined.

Just treat it as a nine movie saga. SW + TESB + ROTJ + ANH:SE + TESB:SE + ROTJ:SE and the PT.

It gets silly and even crappy in parts as the saga goes but that happens with lots of series. Alien, Batman, etc. So if parts of the SE trilogy go all "Batman and Robin" on you just cleanse yourself by going back to the OOT "Burton Batmans" and treat the others as fun (or perhaps not so fun) novelties. 1989 Batman, 1995 Batman Forever and 2005 Batman Begins all recount origins of Bruce and even reference each other and share some of the same actors (well the first two do anyway.) But Batman fans have an easier time compartmentalizing them and still enjoying parts of all three. We can do that with SW.

I think the new changes border from "not so bad" to "funny as hell." But we still have, and always will have, the OOT.

The only bummer is that we might not have it in the quality we like, but that's a part of the history of film as well. Sometimes natural disasters (in this case a man named George Lucas) occur and destroy fabled works of art.

At least the OOT wasn't destroyed, we can still watch it and let the extra graininess be another reminder of the films' age and how awesome it was back in the day to see them as kids.

At least the OOT wasn't destroyed, we can still watch it and let the extra graininess be another reminder of the films' age and how awesome it was back in the day to see them as kids.

There's also 720p upconverts of it and ongoing restoration efforts. The OOT will return. One day.

Exactly. This new broohaha with the blu-ray release has finally motivated me to track down a source for Adywan's restored and color corrected anamorphic DVD of the original The Empire Strikes Back. :rock

SW lives!

not sure if ESB is finished yet..but ANH is,,and its looks pretty good:wink1:
Also found my copy of the original theatrical DVDs of the OT :hi5:

not sure if ESB is finished yet..but ANH is,,and its looks pretty good:wink1:
Also found my copy of the original theatrical DVDs of the OT :hi5:

It is but you may be better off with Harmy's. Unless you mean Revisited which should come out later this year.

Please help us Adywan....you're our only hope

I just watched for the 1st time the adywan version and all I can say is WOW.. Awesome.. I wish George Lucas would hire this guy quick and pay him to fix up all the movies..

Exactly. This new broohaha with the blu-ray release has finally motivated me to track down a source for Adywan's restored and color corrected anamorphic DVD of the original The Empire Strikes Back. :rock

SW lives!

Adywan color corrected TESB in 1080p from a SE source.

There are no hi-def anamorphic Empire original sources at this time. Even the non-SE DVDs from a year or two ago are letter-boxed not anamorphic. Those DVDs were upscaled from laserdisc mastering sources.

can someone who has the bluray already confirm if that stupid "krayt dragon" obiwan call is really real or not? it sounds very phony to me.

can someone who has the bluray already confirm if that stupid "krayt dragon" obiwan call is really real or not? it sounds very phony to me.

It does. I hated the first change they made. For some reason I picture a DRAGON making a loud roaring noise, not some high pitched whistle like it was a cockatoo or something... Maybe it's just me.

[ame="https://youtu.be/aJ-Rlv9EYaQ"]https://youtu.be/aJ-Rlv9EYaQ[/ame]

The original call is still the best...now it sounds like something from the prequels but even more gay. ;)

He should just totally remake the OT.

I don't see this as the end to the changes (there are still the 3D versions coming up) and it'd be better than forcing crap into the original films that doesn't belong. :monkey5

I've only skipped through this thread, so apologies f this has already been talked about. I came across this in a news article today:

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians, and if the laws of the United States continue to condone this behavior, history will surely classify us as a barbaric society." GL 1988

George Lucas = #1 Barbarian :lol

Read more

Back