Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For paying $35 for the bluray set, i'll live with the stupid Noooo.

Was a barnes and noble 50% off coupon a few months back.

Nice. After dragging my feet (two little ones will change your buying focus) I finally stepped up to Blu-Ray this week (buying a player yesterday as well as Toy Story 3 to check it out). Figure SW coming out and the beginning of the summer movies being released (X-Men: First Class and Thor in the next few weeks) was a good excuse. Now to find the best deal.

I just can't get on board with this. These are not the movies I fell in love with. Now if I'd never seen them before, and this was the first version I saw, I expect I'd still love them and the OOT would seem different. I don't begrudge those folks. But I DID see the OOT first, and these changes are just BS and they will detract from the viewing for me. I know I'm not alone, because as has been mentioned, the Amazon reviews are in the tank. Will some of those people still buy it, sure. It defeats the purpose though IMHO, but whatever. All I know is I'm voting with my wallet on this one.

Maybe this is the way of getting back at the OT (yes, the movies-not the fans per se) because of all it cost him. His family, not being able to escape being the guy that came up with this wonderful universe. I mean, his peers have all had success on multiple films and aren't pigeon-holed into just one of them. Uncle George can't escape it. He sealed his fate by revisiting it and making the prequels, but I can't help but think he has a love/hate thing working here.

As for the blu-rays: Greedo shooting, ANH Jabba, new Kenobi scream, R2 hiding, Jedi rocks, and Nooooooo totally trump HD and bonus features. I loved these movies grainy and with matte marks in 1977 and I can easily live with that now.

Nice. After dragging my feet (two little ones will change your buying focus) I finally stepped up to Blu-Ray this week (buying a player yesterday as well as Toy Story 3 to check it out). Figure SW coming out and the beginning of the summer movies being released (X-Men: First Class and Thor in the next few weeks) was a good excuse. Now to find the best deal.

Cool and Congrats, DN! :clap :rock

I'm looking forward to getting my SW Saga blu-ray set from Amazon. :yess:

Lucas is like the emperor...if he does not relinquish his powers..then he must be forcefully removed... Someone take out this turkey necked mofo before he turns the entire trilogies into complete trash.. If he is taking such liberties with these films..how about editing Jar Jar out? Next year Han and Luke will subdue a pack of stormtroopers with Care Bear stares...big rainbows shooting out of their chests and flowers and butterflies growing on the troops.

This must be why Harrison Ford hates Star Wars. All these years we thought it was having to hear about it from fans all the time. Turns out, he's pissed about all the changes too.

He does not like Sci-Fi films, not even as a kid

Glad he steers clear of Sci-fi

********COUGH

cowboysandaliensposter.jpg

*******COUGH​

:lol

I know he hates SW, but the OP said he hates the Blu Ray changes, I was looking for a link on that specifically.
I was hoping for some ammo to send to my friends who are considering wasting $50-$90 on this.

So is there any reviews on this set yet like on the picture and audio quality need to see some reviews so I know if I am going to keep my order or not.

Don't you all realize that one day there will be a BlueRay release with the originals, the SEs and the newer BlueRay changes? Just look at Bladerunner. It's about makin money, nothing less.

Just because I enjoy beating a dead horse as much as the next guy. . . allright George Lucas, you have all the money and technology in the world, and you replaced a human Jabba with a CG Jabba TWICE, so we know you have the capability, so why is THIS still here?!?!?

starwarsvireturnoftheje.jpg

:slap

It just boggles the mind, he's like

George: "Y'know, I think the door to Jabba's Palace should be bigger, can you guys fix that for me??"
ILM: "Sure. . . will you finally let us fix the backwards Boba Fett?"
George: "Nahhhh, it's fine the way it is:

Back