Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that concept! That she sacrifices herself so that her children can be safe from the sith. I doubt if that is what GL implied, but I like your idea :)

I've always believed that somehow Palpatine orchestrated Padme's death, and that he'd been working on it for a long time. His whole plan for Anakin hinges on that. He can influence midichlorians or whatever to cheat death-surely he can subtly cause it too. I don't buy the lost the will to live thing. Maybe it appeared that way to the medics as they couldn't explain it physiologically.
Palpy did it. He's not a nice man, I hear he kicked a puppy once......

I always believed, at least after the Opera House conversation, that Palpatine actually created Anakin himself in the virgin Shmi. Am I totally off base on that one?

I always believed, at least after the Opera House conversation, that Palpatine actually created Anakin himself in the virgin Shmi. Am I totally off base on that one?

No I think it is implied pretty heavily that Palps is Anakin's pappy and thus Luke and Leia's gran-pappy. Plus as my 8 year old pointed out the other day, "Anakin and Luke must be related to Palps because they all have a butt chin!" :lecture

PT+CW+OT=SW for me

I've said it before and I'll say it again there are virtually the same problems in both the PT, and OT just some folks choose to overlook them because of the time in their lives in which they saw them.

Do tell?

I'm open to what you're stating but I'd love to hear your problems/issues with the OT. Jedi, maybe at times, but not ANH or Empire.

Of course the most ridiculous thing about any of the Star Wars movies was the " OMFG hold your fire there are no life forms " line in Episode IV.

That is one of the problems in the original trilogy.

For me all the movies have both brilliant and silly things in them.
Except Empire which is perfect, although I do remember getting bored as a kid with the Dagobah section and the "muppet". Although of course I don't feel that way now.

Of course the most ridiculous thing about any of the Star Wars movies was the " OMFG hold your fire there are no life forms " line in Episode IV.

You're having a shot at a minor thing - albeit, you're correct in what you're saying. But I'm talking about what makes a solid film; story, structure, dialogue, acting, directing...

Star Wars Oscar nominations included - writing, directing, best picture, best supporting actor. The prequels couldn't dream of achieving any substanctial recognition except technical prowess.

It was necessary--otherwise, why didn't Leia just take the escape pod herself instead of sending the droids?

It was necessary--otherwise, why didn't Leia just take the escape pod herself instead of sending the droids?
Still why not destroy anything trying to escape.

Kinda like why would you orbit a planet to destroy moon behind it.

For me all the movies have both brilliant and silly things in them.
Except Empire which is perfect, although I do remember getting bored as a kid with the Dagobah section and the "muppet". Although of course I don't feel that way now.

Empire is indeed a perfect beast :rock

although I do remember getting bored as a kid with the Dagobah section and the "muppet". Although of course I don't feel that way now

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Several things will never change from my point of view;

Han will always shoot first
I will always hear Jason Wingreen as Boba's voice
Jabbas song number will always be the original

As much as I disagree with some of GL changes, I am grateful he gave us the movies and the characters to discuss.

Several things will never change from my point of view;

Han will always shoot first
I will always hear Jason Wingreen as Boba's voice
Jabbas song number will always be the original

As much as I disagree with some of GL changes, I am grateful he gave us the movies and the characters to discuss.

Those are the 3 biggies for me... and I'd add a 4th:

Hayden was not in the OT

Saw a boom of activity in this thread and thought a new deal popped up. Unfortunately, all I found was pages upon pages of the same old "George Lucas raped my childhood" whining we've all heard countless times for the past 12 years. :monkey2

Saw a boom of activity in this thread and thought a new deal popped up. Unfortunately, all I found was pages upon pages of the same old "George Lucas raped my childhood" whining we've all heard countless times for the past 12 years. :monkey2

Thanks for adding to our conversation. You haven't even bothered reading if you think it's just whining thats been going on.
Yeah more "cheaper deal" info would have been a much more interesting read...

:cuckoo::pfft:

There could have been a better way of doing it rather than that, but something like it was still important.
Dont get me wrong if they had blown up the pod it would have been a short movie but still seemed kinda like WTF?

Another thing i thought about was who did the shooting on the falcon in ROTJ or did they forget someone had to man the turrets LOL

Back