Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched EP3 yesterday for the first time in a while and I never realised how BAD it is. The story, acting, pace, retarded humour; i was disturbed by the time I got to the end because I remember it being the strongest of the prequels.

So I'm going to watch EP1 & 2 again this weekend and hope they are better than this :(

Ep1 is my favorite. Qui-Gon and Maul were the only characters I really liked in the prequels. Yeah, JarJar sucks but at least Ep1 felt like Star Wars in parts, unlike Eps 2 and 3 which were just awful. Best score of the prequels too, by far.

I actually liked a lot of the changes made to THX. The only thing I didn't like was the CGI scorpion. It looked really bad to me.

I also didn't like the tunnel dwellers. They looked so hokey.

The added scenes that worked - worked really well. Again - my problem is that if this new version was presented as a true "Director's Cut" (an alternate version); I would have no issue with it. But it seems somehow wrong to now make this version definitive and completely erase the original version.

ROTS was the first and only Star Wars movie I experienced where the audience booed out loud at the screen; it was when Yoda admits defeat and suddenly and declares he must go into exile.

I don't think people were booing because they expected Yoda to defeat the Emperor (Duh!) :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl . It was the shoddy way that GL handled it. He really didn't have to have Yoda specifically say "Into exile I must go..." right there and then. It felt rushed and completely sucked the dramatic impact out of the event.

And I'd have to agree. ROTS was jam packed with built in awesomeness that GL had built up from all those years. And he sort of wasted 70% of that awesomeness with really crappy direction and dialogue. For all of the expectations and potential ROTS had - I'd have to say it was the worst of all the SW movies. And it gets worst with each additional viewing I've discovered. I've seen it maybe 3 times and don't desire to see it again (same with all three prequels).

The OT however - I'll watch those again in a heartbeat.

Yes when I watched ROTS I fully expected Yoda to destroy the Emperor and stop the formation of the Empire.

And it also made Yoda seem pathetic. I mean - you knew from Empire that he went into self-imposed exile. But in ROTS - he just seems to give up just like that. Almost like he washed his hands of everything. "Oh well - I tried. I'm going on vacation."

That's what the audience was booing. Especially the crowd I saw it with - which were all game developers and artists. All SW fans and even they thought it was shoddy.

Kind of hard to tell but it looks like they fixed the Emperor's black "worm" shadow on the inside of his hood around the 58 second mark.

This is my favorite deleted scene. It's where Luke puts on a Vader helmet and shows Han his "lightsaber."

H64ba.jpg

Back