Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree that its a pretty boring list of extras. And even worse most of it is just retreads :huh

Guess we have to wait for the ultra-super deluxe. Mostly just dissapointed that there is no unaltered Trilogy packed in, not surprised, just disappointed :monkey2

My only complaint is that this is STAR WARS and each film (at least original trilogy) deserves it's own documentary. Just like the ALIEN films got. I mean ALIEN 3 (which I like) and Alien 4 (which I hate) get there own new hour and a half docs but Empire only gets 25 min and SW and Jedi get nothing new.

Otherwise I am happy with the extras. Between this and all of the old DVD docs pretty much everything is covered. I like that the old reto docs are on there. I have not seen them since they were first in TV.

Could do without the Stormtrooper dress up doc though. 80+ min for that but only 25 for Empire? What the hell.

This is kinda cool:

Feel The Force of the Star Wars Infinite Saga Site!
This September, the Star Wars Saga comes to Blu-ray for the very first time. Now you can be part of this groundbreaking release, through the magic of “infinite zoom” technology.

When you share this site with your friends, exclusive imagery from the release will be revealed. And the more the site is shared around the world, the more the world will see.

So spread the word today and “zoom” into the the ultimate insider’s view of Star Wars on Blu-ray!

Wow, 6.1?!?! Wonder why they couldn't do 7.1.

A lot of extras. It will make the price tag worth it.

EDIT - see post below.

Makes no sense he did this. 6.1 is not even a standard in the industry. Makes no sense at all. Then he will re-do the sound and give it to us in 7.1. I am praying to hear typo ! FTW ! What crap !

I don't know why I thought Lucas would do something amazing with this set but I guess I was wrong. I was really hoping for something revolutionary. :(

Yeah, guess I should be glad we at least got the movies. :monkey2

Yeah, Classic Creatures is on there, but not From Star Wars to Jedi, which might be the best. :banghead

Oh well. Most of us knew not to expect anything too special from this set. Now it's just official.

YES ! :goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

We needed this one ! But we got nada :(

Anyone have this on DVD ? :(

Today I realized that Lucasfilm's Cocaine Marketing strategy will no longer work on me. I'm now immune. I honestly can live without any of this stuff now (except for the eFX Vader Legend helmet... gotta have that. :lol)

I have a boot of "From Star Wars To Jedi" on DVD somewhere, but it was just a VHS transfer copy. :(

I would love copy even of that if you can bro. I am sick of waiting for something that classic to make its way to us.

Maybe they are holding something back for the 3D bluray super deluxe set.

You know this is the case man. I see it coming already. In like 7 years. :panic:

Hooray! I was worried that we would just get proper documentaries for each film, and that the top listed bonus feature wouldn't be a four year old feature length documentary about Star Wars fans in costume. But my fears were unfounded. That will be the first thing I watch when this arrives from Amazon. Who cares how the movies were made--I want to know how plumbers get their Stormtrooper helmets to fit.

Hooray! I was worried that we would just get proper documentaries for each film, and that the top listed bonus feature wouldn't be a four year old feature length documentary about Star Wars fans in costume. But my fears were unfounded. That will be the first thing I watch when this arrives from Amazon. Who cares how the movies were made--I want to know how plumbers get their Stormtrooper helmets to fit.

:lol :exactly:

SO does this mean that we are only getting BR versions of the DVDs that were already released? No CGI Yoda in TPM? No deleted scenes like Luke assembling his saber?

:dunno

SO does this mean that we are only getting BR versions of the DVDs that were already released? No CGI Yoda in TPM? No deleted scenes like Luke assembling his saber?

:dunno

Yoda will be CG in TPM.

However, the Luke assembling saber cut ROTJ scene will likely just be on that OT bonus disc, and not on the disc for the film itself. Same with most of the Deleted Scenes.

Pardon my disappointment. This just looks like a list of leftover junk that didn't make the cut for the previous DVD release. I see very little new material and a lot of missing classic stuff. Plus tons of filler. Filler from a few years ago! This is a lazy release (that I'm still buying, so what do they care).

Back