Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed the PT also The Josh. I like all the Star Wars movies AND the Clone Wars series. Why must we choose one over the other? As a fan, can't we just enjoy what we want to enjoy?

For me one of the best scenes in the whole Saga. McDiarmid stole the show in ROTS

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/R09jFWQVrE0?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/R09jFWQVrE0?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

For me one of the best scenes in the whole Saga. McDiarmid stole the show in ROTS

Yep. This was one of the defining scenes where you actually see Anakin turn to the dark side (mentally not physically). A lot of people complained that he just turned into Darth Vader too quickly...well duh its scenes like this that turned him around...plus its not like he can say to Palpatine/Sidious "can I get back to you on that whole dark side thing" he had to make a choice to save Padme and his future children....there were plenty of scenes where Anakin and Palpatine had a quite chat about turning to the dark side...anyways this thread is about the blu rays and am ranting...still good to see Lucas releasing the whole set, 1-3 and 4-6...gonna buy depending on the features alone...not in a hurry to see Star Wars in blu...we all know whats its going to look like !!!

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/S8zIYY_zUx0?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/S8zIYY_zUx0?fs=1&hl=en_GB&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

There is a brilliant comment on this YouTube Video by Timstuff

You don't love Star Wars until you've suffered through this special and still love Star Wars afterwards. It's a rite of passage amongst Star Wars fanboys.

Well I never said anything about your opinion, I was making a statement that Anything positive said about The prequels or Hayden and Jake Lloyd somebody feels the need to prove you wrong. All I said was that Shattered glass showed Hayden was a good actor, and it was Jimmy jones that felt the need to tell me how wrong I was. Look you like Serenity, that's fine, i respect that, that's why I never feel the need to go into any Serenity thread to go on about why I hate it, and why I dislike Wheadon. I don't mind people saying how much they dislike the prequels, but to be honest it's starting to sound like a stuck record

Hey I never said you were wrong. I said in my opinion. And we all no opinions are like.... ;)

We are entitled to our point of view. And we should allow all to express it.

The good thing about forums is we can debate the issue and still maintain our opinions but at the same time educate each other as to why we may think a certain way making us all understand each other better.

:1-1:

Be prepared to buy the Saga set as it talks about the bonus disks having the deleted/extended scenes right in the press release for the Complete Saga.

STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

I would hope it holds all the extras from the DVD box set as well.

Yep. This was one of the defining scenes where you actually see Anakin turn to the dark side (mentally not physically). A lot of people complained that he just turned into Darth Vader too quickly...well duh its scenes like this that turned him around...plus its not like he can say to Palpatine/Sidious "can I get back to you on that whole dark side thing" he had to make a choice to save Padme and his future children....there were plenty of scenes where Anakin and Palpatine had a quite chat about turning to the dark side...anyways this thread is about the blu rays and am ranting...still good to see Lucas releasing the whole set, 1-3 and 4-6...gonna buy depending on the features alone...not in a hurry to see Star Wars in blu...we all know whats its going to look like !!!

Agree on multiple points.

Palpatine was the PT. Him and Obi-Wan in my opinion.

There were all these little scenes where he is a genius.

So back to celebrating the Blu's !!!!!:clap

Be prepared to buy the Saga set as it talks about the bonus disks having the deleted/extended scenes right in the press release for the Complete Saga.

STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Well if that's the case, i will have to get the Saga set. I will just give away the prequel discs...Or sell em cheap. (cause i want that bonus OT footage)

I had to laugh, I just saw an ad for Justified on FX where Raylan explains the Han/Greedo changes from the original to the special edition to a bad guy in a bar as they get ready to shoot it out.

totally agree. i think one of the most surprising and overlooked things about rots was its character moments. scenes like this, or anakin and padme's silent connection across the city, or obi-wan's breakdown at the end ("you were my brother, anakin!")... all elevated the film beyond that of a merchandising cash-in with rotten acting, which was the easy (and mostly true) accusation towards the prequels.

the pt has a LOT of problems, far more than the ot. but it has its moments too. rots was the best of the pt. and to me, rots doesn't get enough credit as a "good" star wars film.

haters are entitled to hate all they want. but as far as i'm concerned, i'm a lifelong star wars fan, and although the prequels were largely a missed opportunity, i'll take them as they are, flaws and all. there's enough place in my heart for the entire saga. and one day if/when i have kids, i'll proudly share my love for the series with them.

^ Atleast you acknowlage there are flaws.

And I'll agree ROTS is the best of the 3, but I still think it's a terrible, terrible movie. If Ian's scenes were written better....man, who knows. That guy could've won an award.

There is a brilliant comment on this YouTube Video by Timstuff

I have tried to watch the Holiday Special about 4 times and I always fall asleep. The scene where the Wookies are all howling at each other in Wookie. . . it just boggles my mind.

I think Lucas should put the Holiday Special in the extras and intentionally hold back the OOT just for sharts and gaggles.

^ Atleast you acknowlage there are flaws.

And I'll agree ROTS is the best of the 3, but I still think it's a terrible, terrible movie. If Ian's scenes were written better....man, who knows. That guy could've won an award.

Who in here hasn't said that? :dunno

I'd agree... there were some very good performances in ROTS; and that scene with Palpatine was easily my favorite (although the midichlorian's making life explanation still bugs me :lol)

I still waaay prefer the OT to the PT, but can switch off the criticism center enough to enjoy the PT. But honestly (knowing what I know now) if they had never been made I don't think I would have lost any sleep over it :lol

But like KOTS; we have to have it, even if in the end its not "as good" as we hoped it would be.

I will just have to hold off until they release the original trilogy in their theatrical versions. Can't watch the new ones or the special editions ever again.

I will just have to hold off until they release the original trilogy in their theatrical versions. Can't watch the new ones or the special editions ever again.

Well... you are going to be waiting a LONG time then.

Last edited:
I will definately be getting the Blu Ray set, but i do hope that the orginal cut gets the treatment too. I don't care much for any of the changes.

Back