Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess what arrived on my porch today from LFL? Very curious, given my public comments on this. :monkey3

Is this a Squeaky Wheel thing? Or are they just now actually sending out screeners because they know nothing will affect sales at this point? :lol

What? You think LF reads and/or cares about what you post on here?!?
:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Watched ANH earlier, noticed a few interesting things, mirrored dice hanging in Falcon cockpit (really, look at first interior shot), you can clearly see Vaders eyes through the red lenses a few times, which actually looks pretty cool and the Special Edition CG stuff looks like ____ now, how long before he replaces that I wonder. I didn't really care about the new Obi Wan call or R2's new CG rocks. I also thought it looked digitally scrubbed DNR'd and over sharpened in places. But overall pretty impressive.

I've heard that TPM has been crazy scrubbed with heavy DNR and everyone looks like a wax figure.

So the video now matches all the acting. :lol

I heard it looks pretty waxy in some scenes but overall it's a good transfer. But they DNR'd it quite a bit. I guess Lucas doesnt lake filmgrain now as well. Squeaky clean CGI movies FTW :lol

Watched ANH earlier, noticed a few interesting things, mirrored dice hanging in Falcon cockpit (really, look at first interior shot), you can clearly see Vaders eyes through the red lenses a few times, which actually looks pretty cool and the Special Edition CG stuff looks like ____ now, how long before he replaces that I wonder. I didn't really care about the new Obi Wan call or R2's new CG rocks. I also thought it looked digitally scrubbed DNR'd and over sharpened in places. But overall pretty impressive.

Those dice have always been there.

I've heard that TPM has been crazy scrubbed with heavy DNR and everyone looks like a wax figure.

So the video now matches all the acting. :lol

Yep. That's a good description. It's really weird; it's soft, but at the same time it's sharp.

The 20th Century logo at the beginning looks really soft.

I just made a short film with a few friends, showcasing just this...:monkey3

Inspired by my post I'm sure.

Remember to credit me and give me a cut of the profits if it becomes a hit. If not I'lll ____ing sue you.

Now I'm even more tempted to do DiFabio's fire suggestion! I'll show you goobers... :lol

tumblr_ksyz40qpFs1qznd83o1_500.jpg

the only change i see in ROTS is the clones now rally each other when they attack the droids on Utapau.It is the sequence when Obi wan is dueling with GG and the clones drop in

Yep. That's a good description. It's really weird; it's soft, but at the same time it's sharp.

The 20th Century logo at the beginning looks really soft.

I just checked it out and it looked pin sharp. Watching on 40' Sony Bravia LED, couldn't detect any discernible softness, looked just as eye popping as ROTS.
The sound and vision on all six are ____ing priceless.

I just checked it out and it looked pin sharp. Watching on 40' Sony Bravia LED, couldn't detect any discernible softness, looked just as eye popping as ROTS.
The sound and vision on all six are ____ing priceless.

:lecture

Yep I am very very happy personally :)

Reading Mandible's past posts, it's clear to me that his opinion is pretty worthless as far as I'm concerned. He seems to be more concerned with grinding his axe than with actually giving an honest and balanced opinion.

The bluray officially comes out tomorrow. And still not going to be buying it.

Back