Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasn't the live action been put off indefinitely? I think this will remain people's SW fix for a long time to come.

Although wasn't some kind of SW comedy series (w/Seth Green involved) supposed to be happening? Can't say I'm too thrilled about that one :lol

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I've been looking forward to that. :gah:

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that being discussed earlier in the thread.

I'm guessing the popularity of this show makes it more attractive since they can control the entire product digitally and save money by just hiring sound-alike voice actors :huh

One thing I've noticed with George is he's cheap. I don't think the live action show will ever come. Might as well change the thread title. FLOSI! :wave

I hope, and I mean this sincerely that this live action show never sees the light of day. Such a bad idea. If I can quote my brother from another mother (and a new member here DPLove :wave) "there is more Star Wars that I dislike than I like". :lol

I hope, and I mean this sincerely that this live action show never sees the light of day. Such a bad idea. If I can quote my brother from another mother (and a new member here DPLove :wave) "there is more Star Wars that I dislike than I like". :lol

I tend to agree with you... I would give the series a chance. But find it hard to believe a Star Wars series w/o any of the main characters could be anything but a mess. Not to mention the new aesthetics of Star Wars leading to anything new being less than.

with all of the Star Wars spoofs and tributes, hasn't the "comedic" side of the franchise already been covered?

I'd love for them to actually do the live-action series. It's been put on hold because the FX would be too expensive for a TV series. From what I heard it probably would have been pretty cool, with Boba Fett having a part of it.

What I'd actually like to see them do is a TV series or new movie series that takes place long after ROTJ, like after all the main characters are long passed away (since the actors are too old, and it would be bad to recreate them digitally).

Wasn't there also a rumor of a TV series like The Clone Wars that would take place after ROTJ?

I never thought the focus of SW would ever shift away from Luke and the rebels but for all the trouble George went for tweaking the entire saga to solely focus on Anakin's life, I really do find it hard to believe how anything can be Star Wars without him in it. And I'm only speaking about films/shows, not any other EU stuff. The live series featuring Boba Fett would definitely be must-see tv for me though so I hope it happens some day, whether animated or live action, I don't really care too much

I never thought the focus of SW would ever shift away from Luke and the rebels but for all the trouble George went for tweaking the entire saga to solely focus on Anakin's life, I really do find it hard to believe how anything can be Star Wars without him in it. And I'm only speaking about films/shows, not any other EU stuff. The live series featuring Boba Fett would definitely be must-see tv for me though so I hope it happens some day, whether animated or live action, I don't really care too much

Kinda agree with keeping the focus on events centered around the Anakin/Vader storyline, since that is the story arc Lucas has developed. The timeline between Episodes III and IV is ripe for exploration, as evidenced by "The Force Unleashed" - would love to see an animated show further explore Vader's exploits on the dark side prior to A New Hope. And speaking of TFU, anyone else wanna see General Rahm Kota and his militia in their salad days during the Clone Wars? His anti-clone trooper sentiments could make for some interesting dramatic tension in an army comprised of clones. New character for the show in season 5?

Kinda agree with keeping the focus on events centered around the Anakin/Vader storyline, since that is the story arc Lucas has developed. The timeline between Episodes III and IV is ripe for exploration, as evidenced by "The Force Unleashed" - would love to see an animated show further explore Vader's exploits on the dark side prior to A New Hope. And speaking of TFU, anyone else wanna see General Rahm Kota and his militia in their salad days during the Clone Wars? His anti-clone trooper sentiments could make for some interesting dramatic tension in an army comprised of clones. New character for the show in season 5?

no simply because i struggle with having clone wars as cannon so having the tfu made so would probably finish me off

Lucas was on the TV show, "Attack of the Show" last month, and clearly stated that the technology isn't there yet to make it financially viable for a television series that is live action. He said it will be years before it's possible; he also stated that he had already shot about 50 hours, but it's just not going to happen.

Lucas was on the TV show, "Attack of the Show" last month, and clearly stated that the technology isn't there yet to make it financially viable for a television series that is live action. He said it will be years before it's possible; he also stated that he had already SCRIPTED about 50 hours, but it's just not going to happen.

Fixed. .

with all of the Star Wars spoofs and tributes, hasn't the "comedic" side of the franchise already been covered?

Whenever I start to think that another hilarious episode of Robot Chicken or Lego SW comes out and I'm laughing all over again. So if they want to do a SW Spongebob Squarepants type show with Seth Green I'd definitely give it a shot.

Last edited:
Whenever I start to think that another hilarious episode of Robot Chicken or Lego SW comes out and I'm laughing all over again. So if they want to do a SW Spongebob Squarepants type with Seth Green show I'd definitely give it a shot.

I have faith in it because they know how to make me laugh and they are huge Star Wars fans.

I'd rather it wasn't canon either--since they ____ed over Boba Fett and the Mandalorians. Not to mention that whole "Force Planet" thing didn't make any sense.

Well, it didn't necessarily make sense in ESB that there was a random tree on a swamp planet where the dark side of the force ran particularly strong - that bit of the movie always seemed confusing to me as a kid, but I eventually came to just accept it as part of the weird mystical nature of the force. Same deal with the force planet, I guess.

And The Force Unleashed IS canon (at least the first part, dunno the official take on the sequel). Lucas was peripherally involved in story development and deemed it canon, no doubt to boost sales. It's in the same class as "Shadow's of the Empire" a multimedia fest that's deemed canon to rake in more cash. My take is you can either enjoy it for what it is or ignore it. It isn't pivotal to the SW Saga storyline. Having said that, I thought Rahm Kota was a good, solid character and it would make perfect sense for him to appear in at least a few episodes of the Clone Wars (kinda like Quinlan Vos, though I was mildly irritated they took away some of the edge of the character and made him more of a snarky "surfer dude" type). The presence of his militia and anti-clone sentiment in the midst of the "Band of Brothers" mindset of the Republic Army could inject some fun dramatic tension and address the ethical implications of cloning people for the single purpose of having them fight a war for you. Plus Palpatine would probably hate him and vice versa, which could play nicely into having Palps skew Anakin's view against the jedi. Time to see more of Ani's fall toward the dark side...

The second one can't be canon, it's physically impossible. For one, you can't clone Force powers, plus Vader can't use force lighting, and his girlfriend can't fall hundreds of feet and survive.

Also, when was there ever a thing about a tree that had a dark side connection? All it was was a certain area that had a strong Force aura, like many other places (the Massassi temples, the Jedi temple)

Back