Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In TESB Yoda specifically states that the cave on Dagobah is strong with the Dark Side of the Force.

i wonder if the EU has built the meaning of the cave more than it should have? i see it as test, much like a tribal sweat lodge. Luke brought the potential of darkness with him into the cave, hence his failure.

OMG, tree or cave, it's splitting hairs. The tree is at an entrance to a cave that randomly has a strong connection to the dark side of the force; cave, tree, mountaintop - the nature of the site doesn't matter, it was the concept that was confusing to me as a kid when I saw it in 1980. It just seemed weird that there should be a random spot like that on a swamp planet. This was prior to the establishment of any other stories that connected the force to a particular place, like Sith temples or whatnot - prior to the EU. All those other things came later, and by then I had warmed up to the idea that the Force is weird and works in mysterious ways. That's why I find it intriguing when people are so resistant to Lucas revealing new, weird things about the force, like a force planet laced in metaphors. Filoni has said the force planet is essentially a larger version of the cave on Dagobah, only directed at Anakin rather than Luke. So if the cave works for you, I don't see why the planet shouldn't.

Oh, and I like the idea of the cave as a sweat-lodge - I think that was Lucas' inspiration in the first place. The twist is that the cave itself is strong with the dark side, so it will confront you with the dark side of your own nature. Luke caries in his anger at Vader, he ignites his saber and strikes out at "Vader" first, giving in to his anger - it is then revealed to him that his failure will lead him to the same fate as his father if he doesn't learn to control his emotions. Anakin likewise gets to glimpse his "potential" future, but his fate has a life of it's own and seems to be a foregone conclusion, hence the need for him to forget the experience so he can fulfill his destiny.

The force unleashed will never be part of my cannon because just too much of the story sucks. And bites. And blows.

The apprentice is too powerful. The rebellion is all known to palps but e doesn't just kill them

The sequel .... Well that's a longer list.

Just (wait for it)

NOOOOOO!!!

For me, the best episodes I've watched are the ones with minimal Jedi like the Deserter episode. I was hoping for the best with Season 4 but reading about Jar Jar being in the 4th episode of the season killed that hope quickly. Kind've like Lucas did to my childhood with the SE and Blue ray's. :mad:

you can't clone Force powers

totally off topic but in Heir to the Empire, Joruus C'Baoth was cloned and had force powers.

For me, the best episodes I've watched are the ones with minimal Jedi like the Deserter episode. I was hoping for the best with Season 4 but reading about Jar Jar being in the 4th episode of the season killed that hope quickly. Kind've like Lucas did to my childhood with the SE and Blue ray's. :mad:

totally off topic but in Heir to the Empire, Joruus C'Baoth was cloned and had force powers.

And the Emperor was cloned as well. But like TFU it's all EU and not canon.

Anyways, at least with these episodes we got to see some Gungans die.

The force unleashed will never be part of my cannon because just too much of the story sucks. And bites. And blows.

The apprentice is too powerful. The rebellion is all known to palps but e doesn't just kill them.

Force Unleashed rocks, Force Unleashed 2 blows.

1) The Apprentice is too powerful for the game to be fun

2) The Emporer wants to consolidate his enemies and kill them, but fails and then they go into hiding and he cant kill them.

For terms of story, ignore the power level of Starkiller, pull him down to a more reasonable level and you can really enjoy it and count it as canon.

It is official Canon anyway cos George Says So, just like the PT and Clone Wars is Official Canon.

Force Unleashed rocks, Force Unleashed 2 blows.

1) The Apprentice is too powerful for the game to be fun

2) The Emporer wants to consolidate his enemies and kill them, but fails and then they go into hiding and he cant kill them.

For terms of story, ignore the power level of Starkiller, pull him down to a more reasonable level and you can really enjoy it and count it as canon.

It is official Canon anyway cos George Says So, just like the PT and Clone Wars is Official Canon.

Right, right, and right. Starkiller (and Vader, for that matter) is THAT powerful to make the game fun. It's a conceit of the game. Read the graphic novel adaptation if you want a more balanced view of the storyline with the force powers in proper perspective. Lucas has deemed it canon. But if you have a real problem with that, you can just choose to ignore it. And if they took an element of the game like Rahm Kota and included him in the CW, it doesn't mean that you couldn't continue to ignore TFU, it just means General Kota would be a new character on the show, while giving fans of TFU an extra thrill. There really is room to make all different kinds of fans happy, from a certain point of view!

For me, the best episodes I've watched are the ones with minimal Jedi like the Deserter episode.

Y'know, I have nothing against the Jedi or Sith, but I really DO like the clone-centered episodes - they are fascinating to me. I think it's maybe because the Jedi and Sith have been done to death in every incarnation of SW, but we never get the POV of the grunts fighting these battles. Until now. :yess:

Right, right, and right. Starkiller (and Vader, for that matter) is THAT powerful to make the game fun. It's a conceit of the game. Read the graphic novel adaptation if you want a more balanced view of the storyline with the force powers in proper perspective. Lucas has deemed it canon. But if you have a real problem with that, you can just choose to ignore it. And if they took an element of the game like Rahm Kota and included him in the CW, it doesn't mean that you couldn't continue to ignore TFU, it just means General Kota would be a new character on the show, while giving fans of TFU an extra thrill. There really is room to make all different kinds of fans happy, from a certain point of view!

I Have my own cannon- its the only way i can remain a fan, some but not a lot of clone wars makes the cut- i prefer dark horses work and the original cartoon

i love rex and even ashokas good but all these meeting betwenn dooku and anakin and grevious and obi wan are stupid as is the way they messed up ventress and the mandos

Would it kill Lucas to do something away from the center story, but near the center story. The clone wars are alright, but they are so handcuffed to what the main story already is, it's like "hmmmmm I wonder if obi-wan really is in danger." Because of this I feel like they haven't advanced the overall story in any meaningful way. They could have given us a deep side story, with new characters or characters we barely know, that would really have you wondering what comes next.

you're right spicymustard. It sucks you never really get the feeling that any of the main characters are ever in danger. The only times I've ever been sad through out the first three seasons were with the deaths of each Domino Squad member and 99.

So what did you guys think of these last three "water" episodes. I thought they were pretty cool but I still prefer the abridged Tartofsky version.

I always enjoy it when they fight in different environments and we get to see how the republic adapts to them. Also really dug the Jaws "nod" at the end. :lol

i would have preferred the episodes to not be as exclusively underwater as they were. the films employed multiply plot lines and i feel this story arc would have benefited nicely by doing so. the underwater world would have had more of an impact with the perspective of space or another terrain (land perhaps elevated the predictable storytelling).

Back