Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i see all the characters are changing outfits - good hopefully anakin will start to become a bit dark

Last nights episode was quite good... not a lot of action, but it seemed to feel more SW than some of the recent ho-hum ones.

Last nights episode was quite good... not a lot of action, but it seemed to feel more SW than some of the recent ho-hum ones.

I have a sneaking suspicion all these episodes everybody's being tittybaby about have key plot points to upcoming action-oriented storylines. So we'll see a lot of...

"WTF, cool episode but it didn't make any ____ing sense! :cuckoo:"

countered with...

"Well, if you'd paid more attention to the Amidala episode where she's on Mandalor with the Dutchess, instead of whining about it, you'd have a ____ing clue! :nana:"

:lol

Agreed. Finally a good quality, well written episode.

Regardless of all the mindless followers - where anything with the Star Wars branding has to be good - there are no excuses for crap writing or lame excuses for foreshadowing something that "maybe" coming. ANY good series in the history of TV/film HAS to have a great narrative and as these are supposed to be "self contained" - where there's a definitive beginning and end of each episode, they need to step up and make every episode AT LEAST as good as this latest one.

I must admit though that parts of the story did feel reminiscent of the Stallone Judge Dredd movie. :lol

Still cool though.

I wonder if SSC has been waiting for this episode so they can finally begin development of their "Sexy Ahsoka" Premium Format.

I liked this episode..a lot. That surprised me, considering the preview made it look like "Another night out with Ashoka and Padme"...

The whole vibe of it for me felt like a Jude Watson "young Readers" book (and that's a compliment...I like those books!). Plus, it looked great...lots of interesting lighting and shadows and the environments, from the oft-seen senate to the sweeping vistas of Praxis just popped with detail.

CN ran the CW movie tonight...saw part of it and yes, looking at that compared to the new episodes and it's clear to see how much the animation on this show has really improved.

The much-hyped appearance of Ashoka and Anakin's new looks were...okay. Really like Anakin's slide to a more traditional Jedi look, while Ashoka....well, I guess that last mall planet she visited had a "Hot Topic"-type store for her to pick up some new slag-wear...doesn't make me like the character any more or less...but I will grant she was alright in this one.

Loved the infiltrator droids...they were almost a little too "transformer-esque", but they combined enough attributes of droids and weapons that we've seen in SW before and were really effective. In fact, the power plant massacre was pretty intense for a "kid's show"...

Guess the show is on a break now...but at least it ended this group of episodes with a good one...

I also was waiting for the "transformation sound" while the infiltrator droids were combining into bombs:lol But yeah, at least they left for the break on a good note

Last night while channel surfing I stopped to watch a little bit of the ending to the Clone Wars movie. My four year old daughter looked over and saw Jabba talking to the hologram of Ziro. She said, "Is that Jabba's grandma?" :lol

I never understood the Asohka hate. While she does kind of ring an unwanted highschool attitude to the jedi, she looks cool.

I never understood the Asohka hate. While she does kind of ring an unwanted highschool attitude to the jedi, she looks cool.

Because she is another blatant Lucas pander to the kiddies so he can sell more crap and expand his empire character.
Kill her already:impatient:

Anything else?
:peace

Last edited:
don't kid yourself... Star Wars was always meant for the 10 year olds... literally and figuratively. embrace the child within.

I didn't care much for Ahsoka until the Geonosis/Brain Invaders storyline from last season, then I started to see her as an interesting counterpart to Anakin instead of just a possible soon-to-be disposed-of character. Also, when a co-worker of mine told me that his 6-year old daughter is way into Star Wars because of this show, the idea of widening the audience to young girls just makes me smile.

What can I say? I must be turning into an old softie. :wink1:

Because she is another blatant Lucas pander to the kiddies so he can sell more crap and expand his empire character.
Kill her already:impatient:

Anything else?
:peace

Back