Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm loving the show, I saw the Clone Wars movie in the cinema and knew we were in for a treat. It's like everything in life though, it's not for everyone.

D
:1-1::wave:wave:wave

I keep getting disappointed, but my love for Star Wars keeps me returning every week, sooner or later, if the show doesnt drastically improve, the good will and faith of the ardent fans will die out.

Everytime I watch the show I can't help but think that something better has to be around the corner, maybe that Seth Green animated show will capture the true feel and flair of Star Wars and I wont mind the dumbed down stories of Clone Wars so much.

I know CW is trying to appeal to kids, but they are doing so at the expense of their most faithful viewers.

There's a hell of a lot of "pretend" ADD here. Sure not every episode can be blasters and sabers, and while I personally haven't enjoyed every single episode, they've been fairly consistent with adult content, unless you think a child can understand dirty politics. :huh

Here's hoping you guys keep doing the same, complaining about "moving on" only to come back in here and rant the following week because the latest episode didn't contain a buttload of Jedi and clones. :lol

Still waiting for the RC's to make their debut in official Star Wars canon! :banana

I still feel very lukewarm about this season... overall the stories seem very inconsequential. And the episode where C-3PO was captured was just weak all around.

Here's hoping you guys keep doing the same, complaining about "moving on" only to come back in here and rant the following week because the latest episode didn't contain a buttload of Jedi and clones. :lol

Loads of Clones and Jedi isn't necessarilly what I am looking for from this show, just material that doesn't make me cringe.

If you enjoy it, that's great, I guess you don't need to look any further for your Star Wars fix.

Loads of Clones and Jedi isn't necessarilly what I am looking for from this show, just material that doesn't make me cringe.

If you enjoy it, that's great, I guess you don't need to look any further for your Star Wars fix.

So there weren't any aspects of the films that made you cringe? Ewoks maybe? Lando's stereo-typical flirting? Jar-Jar? Anakin/Padme "love" scenes?

So there weren't any aspects of the films that made you cringe? Ewoks maybe? Lando's stereo-typical flirting? Jar-Jar? Anakin/Padme "love" scenes?

Exactly. The cheese is part of SW whether people want to admit it or not. The prequel movies were full of trashy dialogue and lame attempts of character development that resulted in Darth Vader no longer being viewed as such a badass, the jedi as naive as a young school girl, bad jokes, etc. The upside of this show features characters and action sequences far better than anything in the recent movies IMO...except for one or two lightsaber fights.

Exactly. The cheese is part of SW whether people want to admit it or not. The prequel movies were full of trashy dialogue and lame attempts of character development that resulted in Darth Vader no longer being viewed as such a badass, the jedi as naive as a young school girl, bad jokes, etc. The upside of this show features characters and action sequences far better than anything in the recent movies IMO...except for one or two lightsaber fights.

Don't stop there though, even before the Special Editions, there was, and still is, an overabundance of cheese in the OT too.

Absolutely, Jedi and to a much larger degree, the Prequels had many cringe inducing moments, especially AOTC.

With Clone Wars, those cringes are happening so often I feel like I am developing a nervous tic. Some of the material even outdoes Jar Jar for irritation level. At least with the movies (even AOTC, which I have trouble watching) there is enough awesomeness to offset much of the cringing. As far as the Special Ed.s go, at least I can watch the originals still and miss such moments as Han shooting first or Han stepping on Jabba's tail.

For instance, an awesome moment from the prequels might be Palpatine revealing his true nature to Anakin. In CW, we get parables on the danger of fizzy drinks, girl's night out with Padme and Ahsoka, and a delightful trip to the spa with R2 and 3-PO. :gah:

For the record, Lando's flirting never bothered me, since Han did the cringing for us.

Absolutely, Jedi and to a much larger degree, the Prequels had many cringe inducing moments, especially AOTC.

With Clone Wars, those cringes are happening so often I feel like I am developing a nervous tic. Some of the material even outdoes Jar Jar for irritation level. At least with the movies (even AOTC, which I have trouble watching) there is enough awesomeness to offset much of the cringing. As far as the Special Ed.s go, at least I can watch the originals still and miss such moments as Han shooting first or Han stepping on Jabba's tail.

For instance, an awesome moment from the prequels might be Palpatine revealing his true nature to Anakin. In CW, we get parables on the danger of fizzy drinks, girl's night out with Padme and Ahsoka, and a delightful trip to the spa with R2 and 3-PO. :gah:

For the record, Lando's flirting never bothered me, since Han did the cringing for us.

I really don't see a difference, other than we get to take a walk through Star Wars now weekly instead of every three-four years. I thoroughly enjoyed both episodes of the premiere this season and am looking forward to getting into the meatier story. When that happens, this mole hill will be seen as the ant hill it actually is. ;)

I really don't see a difference, other than we get to take a walk through Star Wars now weekly instead of every three-four years. I thoroughly enjoyed both episodes of the premiere this season and am looking forward to getting into the meatier story. When that happens, this mole hill will be seen as the ant hill it actually is. ;)

Just wake me when we get to the good stuff. ;)

Ahsoka is getting a new costume.

ahsoka_660.jpg

Wish she would get a new role.....

A corpse.....:monkey3

THIS!:goodpost::exactly:

We know its coming, but it couldn't happen soon enough!

Though, I have a feeling that they will write her as leaving the jedi for some other cause. Then, the people of EU can have a ball with her.

Back