Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously WTF is up with this show, this season has been ridiculously bad, how many episodes do they have to do about lame galactic politics? Isn't this supposed to appeal to children in some way? That stuff was boring in the movies, can't see why they want them in this show.

And where is Anakin and Obi-Wan? I think Anakin has only been in the season a couple of times and never as the main character in the episode.

don't kid yourself... Star Wars was always meant for the 10 year olds... literally and figuratively. embrace the child within.

Pretty much why we all started liking it in the first place. Thats the one of the things that cracks me up when folks start taking pot shots at stuff. SW is meant for kids. I'm a big kid thats why I enjoy it all for what it is.

:yuck
Beyond insipid.
Padme's speech was inane and as simplistic as it gets.
How many attempts has their been on her life through out the series and movies?
Targeted to 10 yr olds? Yeah, they just eat up all that political intrigue and infighting, procedural votes on bills etc :lol

Last edited:
:yuck
Beyond insipid.
Padme's speech was inane and as simplistic as it gets.
How many attempts has their been on her life through out the series and movies?
Targeted to 10 yr olds? Yeah, they just eat up all that political intrigue and infighting, procedural votes on bills etc :lol

:goodpost:I gotta agree with you 100% on this one. If I was whatever age the targeted group this show is for and I just started getting in SW this season, I'd probably end up hating it. But good thing I'm not:lol

Yeah, I think Padme has been featured in season 3 more than Anakin, Obi-Wan and Rex combined. It's really getting ridiculous.

I wouldn't mind of few of these type of episodes sprinkled here and there throughout the season, but it's been week after week now and it's trying my patience.

The only thing that saved last night's episode from being a complete disaster for me was the scene with Palpatine in his office at the end.

Although I understand the need to show another side of the clone wars, and the havn't been THAT bad IMHO, I am quite sick and fraking tired of senate/padme episodes.

On another note, other than getting captured and needing saved by Anakin, we would never see her on this show if it wasn't for these kinds of episodes.

I wonder if LFL decided that they would focus more on how the episodes would play in DVD/Blu-ray box sets than as weekly episodes. I know superhero comics started that some years back where instead of a new villain being punched out every month they'd have slower developing, more elaborate storylines that could be collected in pricey trade paperbacks instead.

Reading comics on a monthly basis its been fun even reading them that way but yeah TPB are even better going with that formula.

It's become a broken record of tedium and "subtle" anti-war propaganda to teach our children not to make our mistakes...blah, blah, blah.

Give it a break and get back to what made Star Wars fun and exciting... dreaming beyond our own borders, adventure, inspiration and basic principles of right and wrong.

Have they lost the art of writing?

It's called Clone WARS...not Padme's Peace Crusade...

If I wanted to watch politics, i'd put on BBC Parliament...

It has been odd having so many of these Coruscant/Senate episodes grouped so close together...and nary a sight of the main characters (other than Ashoka).

That's not what got me about the recent one...it was...what the heck is that Rodian senator (Ocanoda Farr or something like that)...the one Padme keeps calling "Uncle", doing in this episode when he was killed in the episode from last season called "Senate Murders"?

Makes no sense...and the argument that they're just jumping around time-wise doesn't wash in this case when it was specifically mentioned that Padme's Separatist friend (from the previous episode) was killed...and that episode featured a slightly taller Ashoka and Anakin sporting longer hair and a more traditional Jedi outfit, showing the passage of time.

If there's a reasonable explanation for this strange continuity issue...I'd love to hear it...

Superboy prime punching......

Well dc comics got away with it....

Last edited:
It has been odd having so many of these Coruscant/Senate episodes grouped so close together...and nary a sight of the main characters (other than Ashoka).

That's not what got me about the recent one...it was...what the heck is that Rodian senator (Ocanoda Farr or something like that)...the one Padme keeps calling "Uncle", doing in this episode when he was killed in the episode from last season called "Senate Murders"?

Makes no sense...and the argument that they're just jumping around time-wise doesn't wash in this case when it was specifically mentioned that Padme's Separatist friend (from the previous episode) was killed...and that episode featured a slightly taller Ashoka and Anakin sporting longer hair and a more traditional Jedi outfit, showing the passage of time.

If there's a reasonable explanation for this strange continuity issue...I'd love to hear it...

The episode where Farr is killed is the last one chronologically so far...it makes sense, but they didn't do a good job of explaining it...

It doesn't make sense...Ashoka is younger and Anakin is in the original CW garb in the "Senate Murders" one...but you're right...they're not doing a good job explaining it...

I think all these senate episodes are forshadowing the Republic Commandos episode and laying the groundwork for the huge conspiracy that will lead to this season's slogan.

I wonder if LFL decided that they would focus more on how the episodes would play in DVD/Blu-ray box sets than as weekly episodes. I know superhero comics started that some years back where instead of a new villain being punched out every month they'd have slower developing, more elaborate storylines that could be collected in pricey trade paperbacks instead.

Picking up the TPBs are cheaper than buying the comics. :dunno

Back