Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to the pics. The one posted here with the red / maroon matte look awesome, perfect color.:cool:

it did look good... so good I showed it to Adam and we picked a similar color. But we did go a little different; we went with a wine colored silk mat, instead of paper. Over-all we went really, really lush with the framing; its gonna be great! We used a really big, really ornate nouveau styled bronze frame with gold highlights, and a smaller sort of mini-frame (a fillet) in a gold rubbed with bronze between the mat and the art. I can't wait to get it back!

I had a few friends over last night and they had seen most of my collection before but they were blown away by this. They already knew I spent a lot on the frame but they couldn't get over how great it looked.

Very busy the past couple of days. I finally managed to take the pics I promised in the She-Hulk thread plus I picked up the Palmer and Hughes prints from the frame shop. Pics tonight!

The Hughes print came out so good I had to hang it in the welcoming area as soon as you come into the townhome (right wall) to go up the stairs. It gets some good dramatic lighting there.

I am blown away!!!! :pow:clap

LOL! It's funny....I can't wait to see it either! I was never this excited to see a frame piece of art! :lol
This print is really a hit! :D

I got my Dorman CE Print today, plus a CE and CIV for someone here. The print is very nice, now I need to get 4 frames to fit all of his prints good thing is they are all the same size. I think the CE and the Dewback one are my favorites, I like how they work together nicely and will also go nicely with the Plunkett print which I noticed today is #2. Then again the CIV and the Hoth ones do too.

well to tide you all over..someone on Rebelscum posted this

NoShields.jpg

It looks pretty snazzy..

Ok lets see the HUGHES!!

well to tide you all over..someone on Rebelscum posted this

It looks pretty snazzy..

Ok lets see the HUGHES!!

Hmm that looks a lot like this one.:D:lol

Finally got my Staggs CE print back from the frame shop and it turned out good, this is an awesome print. I have to thank Mark again for picking it up for me and sorry for the glare, I couldn't stop it from showing up.
NoShields.jpg
[/IMG]

My crappy picture taking abilities don't do these justice. Palmer and Hughes are 2 extremely talented guys and these prints are some of their best work. Here we go...

Collection058.jpg

Here is a closeup on the detail of the frame. The story here is that I already have a picture above our bed of a sleeping woman (very artistic...nothing perverted) using the exact same frame. This palmer piece goes on the wall in front of our bed.

Collection061.jpg

Collection067.jpg

And now, the Hughes print. The frame has particles of that maroon color that matches the border. The frame does have a shine that's more rusted than shinny. It does have a shine when seen on certain angles. We decided to make the border smaller in order to bring the print closer in composition with the frame.

Collection049.jpg

Collection050.jpg

Collection051.jpg

Collection065.jpg

Got a chance to see this up close at SDCC and bought it. I love how it covers all the films and the faces are so nice and clear. Just waiting for it to arrive.

originaltf6.jpg

it did look good... so good I showed it to Adam and we picked a similar color. But we did go a little different; we went with a wine colored silk mat, instead of paper. Over-all we went really, really lush with the framing; its gonna be great! We used a really big, really ornate nouveau styled bronze frame with gold highlights, and a smaller sort of mini-frame (a fillet) in a gold rubbed with bronze between the mat and the art. I can't wait to get it back!

Wow, that sounds really amazing. Looking forward to the pics. :cool:

Just got my Plunkett print back from the shop and am really pleased with it, I double matted this one and it turned out great imo. here is a pick down below, I have the worst lighting so sorry for the glare. Also I got my "Droids in the Desert" print I won on ebay for cheap and its very nice and on some nice paper. I only have one more print coming and that is the Sohn print, I keep checking the print selection on SWS.com and this one keep growing on me everytime I saw it so I ordered it. Thankfully it is my last print for awhile since this framing is breaking me.:monkey2

Plunkett.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, that looks awesome. I have to know what color matte that is and how big a frame did you get? I'd like to take mine to get framed this weekend.

Back