Star Wars Fine Art Show-off Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AT CIV, My wife and I visited the Art Show a number of times, trying to decide what we wanted. We saw the Dorman prints, and had decided we didn't want the 501'st print (surprising, since I'm 501'st!). We did like the Sandtroopers, and the Hoth prints, but it was hard to justify at $75 each when we had so much at home already unframed.

Well, on the last day of the con, we noticed that Dorman had those two prints at 50% off, wee picked them both up. My wife INSISTED that we get the Sandtroopers framed first as it was her favorite.

A trip to Michaels, and a week later...

DormanSandtrooper.jpg

Its sitting just outside the kitchen so she can see it. And best of all (Though it means nothing) Both of those prints are AP's. Very nice. :) I know its not a great picture, but we wanted to avoid the glare. We licked how the frame turned out. Looks very weathered and sandy. :)

Very, very, nice. I love the Dorman prints. I have that one and the CE print that I need to take to get framed in the next couple weeks.

I had a few friends over last night and they had seen most of my collection before but they were blown away by this. They already knew I spent a lot on the frame but they couldn't get over how great it looked.

If anyone sees this print for sale please please please tell me. It's what I want most art wise from sw. I love this piece. Ebay wherever.

Was Adam's Leia print based on the art of Alphonse Marie Mucha? I've just seen a picture of one of his prints and it straight away reminded me of Adam's Liea.

I've just Googled the image but can't find one that shows the colours as it is printed in this magazine. The print is 'Zodiac' (1896).

alphonsemuchazodiac2070fa2.jpg

In the version I'm looking at it has the same sandy colours.

I love the style!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Adam and I are both big fans of the work of Alphones Mucha. But Mucha is simply the best known practitioner of the Art Nouveau movement. That's why Adam's print is called Nouvea Slave Leia. Its like Picasso being the best know Cubist artist, or Matisse the most recognized for Impressionism.
No one would accuse Jorge Braque of of drawing in the "style of of Picasso" when they both worked in Cubism or Monet of working in Matisse's style when he was simply pursuing his own path through the Impressionist movement!

Art History lesson over.

Ah, cool. I didn't really know what Art Nouveau was. So I take it is that style of art. I like it! I like the hard outlines, etc.

Very nice! :chew

I didn't mean to come off preach-y. I used to work in fine art sales, so I'd spend alot of time education folks about stuff like that. Truthfully; if you didn't go to are school; why would you ever know stuff like that?

But now that you know, you can impress chicks with your knowledge at museums and stuff. Or Star Wars Celebrations art shows!

I didn't mean to come off preach-y. I used to work in fine art sales, so I'd spend alot of time education folks about stuff like that. Truthfully; if you didn't go to are school; why would you ever know stuff like that?

But now that you know, you can impress chicks with your knowledge at museums and stuff. Or Star Wars Celebrations art shows!

You didn't come off too preach-y... but I thought I'd offened you by saying what I did! :monkey2 :monkey3

I didn't meant to say that Adam had copied something or anything like that. I liked the style and when I saw that painting it reminded me of it.

I'd loved to have seen the one he had planned for CE! :monkey5

I did do art and design but never touch on Nouveau... I wish they had!

PS. Are you guys all getting your prints 'dry mounted'? I've never had anything framed and someone said it's a good thing to have done but means you can remove the print from the frame.

PS. Are you guys all getting your prints 'dry mounted'? I've never had anything framed and someone said it's a good thing to have done but means you can remove the print from the frame.

You must have missed Darth Saffron's comments on dry mounting.:lol

GAHHH!!!!!

NEVER EVER SPRAY OR DRY MOUNT ARTWORK!!!!

posters? sure what the hell. But you NEVER do something un-doable to art. You mount any of these prints and they are considered "ruined" by the art industry and collectibles market. If the edition goes up in value, yours isn't worth a cent. Better to mat them; that is done with removeable acid free tape.

Here you go.

That's actually a very nice piece! What did it run you?

Thanks. I went with the small canvas (18x18) for $325. I thought I couldn't live without the large canvas, but this one's just right. There's also a paper print for $125 I think.

I love it!!! I'm going to see if my wife can make one since I don't have the cash right now....she made me an Exploding Man for my office recently that came out pretty good.

You can see it a bit here:
CollectionPics009.jpg

Back