Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the red stuff they have to fly through to get to Palpatine's planet?

Why is Palps the only one with this Planet-Cracker technology? And if its new tech, who the hell installed it in all those buried/submerged ships?

Why doesn't Palps zap the entire Galaxy with his super-Force lightning?

What is that crazy ice-berg planet that Poe and gang get the spy info from and why is it back-to-back with Exegol? Confusing in the beginning.

I suppose all the Sith acolytes in th stands watching the show were the ones planning to fly the Star Destroyers?

What do the eat on Exegol?

Anybody know what all the dagger stuff was about in the middle of the movie?

Palpatine left maps to find himself all over the place, because he didn't want the Sith to forget him. :lol

If you go down into the desert today, you're sure of a big surprise...

I know Star Wars is full of coincidence, but that was one lucky fall.

Something that magically lines up with the ruins of a Death Star in the Star Wars universe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just saw the movie and I thoroughly and unabashedly enjoyed it. No matter what anyone says Star Wars has never been high cinema, and I found this episode enjoyable throughout. The Leia scenes may have been shoehorned but they were ?okay?, and the twist was a bit on the nose, but I got past the initial shock quickly enough to enjoy the ride.

And if you?re someone who dislikes Last Jedi, I would give this a chance. Because as far as the critics go, they loved Last Jedi, but audiences didn?t. But from Rotten Tomatoes the critics dislike this one, but the audience % is currently at 86%.

Note that while I didn?t love Last Jedi, I didn?t hate it either. So I suggest everyone make their own minds up and not let either pool of people influence your decision.

I?ve seen some posts from people that hated/disliked TLJ that enjoyed TROS not only here but on FB. I?m in the TLJ hate camp but because of those that felt the same about TLJ thought this was decent or liked it I?m actually looking forward to seeing it on Sunday.

I?ve seen some posts from people that hated/disliked TLJ that enjoyed TROS not only here but on FB. I?m in the TLJ hate camp but because of those that felt the same about TLJ thought this was decent or liked it I?m actually looking forward to seeing it on Sunday.

Like I said yesterday, its way better than TLJ... but that isn't saying much.

I also think TROS is the best of the ST... which might be saying something if you thought TFA was a good movie. Personally, I can't watch it anymore. Just too boring. At least TROS moved swiftly and went to a ton of places.

Like I said yesterday, its way better than TLJ... but that isn't saying much.

I also think TROS is the best of the ST... which might be saying something if you thought TFA was a good movie. Personally, I can't watch it anymore. Just too boring. At least TROS moved swiftly and went to a ton of places.

I just want to be able to enjoy it as it is and maybe be able to, someday, watch TFA, which I loved, and this as the complete series while skipping TLJ, which I absolutely loathed.

That's what was bugging me -- this ancient Sith dagger somehow makes the coordinates of a junked Death Star only 30 years old.

It never says it was ancient. Just that it was written in Sith. Either it was written by the individual they were searching for in that ship, or Palpatine wanted a clue out there in the wild for anyone who tried hard enough to find. Remember even Luke supposedly hit a dead end on the planet in question.

My favorite part is how this movie kills off all Skywalkers and makes a Palpatine the actual chosen one undoing everything Lucas wrote. Rey identifying as a Skywalker is hilariously stupid.

Not only it ruins Luke and Anakin/Vader, it makes the OT and the ST completely pointless. I don't think people realize how stupid this movie really is, but as usual, they will in a few years.

That's what was bugging me -- this ancient Sith dagger somehow makes the coordinates of a junked Death Star only 30 years old.

Add it to the list of plot holes.

I didn't get what difference it made when part of the dagger was extended, as it was the blade itself that lined up.

I watched it again last night, just to make sure I hadn't been too harsh in my judgement.

And no, it really was that bad.

I can find things I like in all the PT and the rest of the ST, but TROS is a such a low point. Mainly because it was trying to make up for TLJ, tie up loose ends and bring redemption to certain characters.

One of the first things that struck me was the initial three alien species they showed looked like comedy aliens, and seems to set the film at the level of the Resistance cartoon. (Not that I watched anything beyond the first episode of that series).

Then it's a continual succession of eye rolls at the things that are said, the things that happen, and the the things that ignore previous films.

I know Star Wars is fantasy rather than science fiction, but this one felt more like magic realism. Things didn't happen according to an in-universe reality or consistency. They occurred for other reasons, either to progress events quickly, or to do away with poor decisions made in the previous film.

Leia fades away later, at a point where it can have meaning as a tribute to the passing of Carrie.

Luke's X-Wing emerges fully intact from the water, apparently with all S-foils in place as all the guns are attached. Did Luke take his house door off, dive down and put it back on?

Han appears to Ben, but it's not explained whether this was in his imagination or whether actual supernatural ghosts are a part of the canon. And are there no razors in the afterlife?

To top it off a toad kissed a Disney princess and brought her back to life. And then the toad died, to make up for being a toad.

It's largely a replay of ROTJ, with Vader/Ren coming away from the Dark Side, turning on Palpatine, and finally being forgiven. It's that repetition again, that cycle in Star Wars where things don't actually change at their heart, but only superficially with a change in people and places.

Lando had the honour of saying the immortal line, "I have a bad feeling about this." It was nice to see him again, but he seemed to be doing a lot of laughing. I wonder why. :wink1:

I just want to be able to enjoy it as it is and maybe be able to, someday, watch TFA, which I loved, and this as the complete series while skipping TLJ, which I absolutely loathed.

Hopefully you’ll enjoy it for what it is. It’s a fun watch, but like anything there are probably logic errors (which I’m not even going try to search for) but I certainly don’t regret seeing it.

But not all movies are for everyone. Nearly everyone loved Joker, and I found myself one of the handful on the entire planet who disliked it. I honestly couldn’t wait to leave the theatre. There’s only three Marvel/DC films from the past 20 years or so I haven’t bought on Blu-ray, Elektra, Fantastic Four and Joker.

Add it to the list of plot holes.

I didn't get what difference it made when part of the dagger was extended, as it was the blade itself that lined up.

I’m not sure you were paying attention in either of your viewings, but the blade extended to pinpoint exactly where the map was in the remains of the Death Star.

I’m not sure you were paying attention, but the blade extended to pinpoint exactly where the map was.

No I wasn't paying that close attention. I just watched it again, and see that the location was at the point of the extension after the blade had lined up.

Hopefully you’ll enjoy it for what it is. It’s a fun watch, but like anything there are probably logic errors (which I’m not even going try to search for) but I certainly don’t regret seeing it.

But not all movies are for everyone. Nearly everyone loved Joker, and I found myself one of the handful on the entire planet who disliked it. I honestly couldn’t wait to leave the theatre. There’s only three Marvel/DC films from the past 20 years or so I haven’t bought on Blu-ray, Elektra, Fantastic Four and Joker.

I can forgive some logic errors. Most every film has them. I just want to see a satisfying SW movie that doesn’t shred the OT too bad.

I can forgive some logic errors. Most every film has them. I just want to see a satisfying SW movie that doesn’t shred the OT too bad.

That probably depends on how nitpicky you are. Some will tear it apart for the smallest of reasons.

Even though I like the original trilogy, I’m not so enamoured by them either as I watched them later in life. Probably just prior to the prequels coming out.

Back