Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It never says it was ancient. Just that it was written in Sith. Either it was written by the individual they were searching for in that ship, or Palpatine wanted a clue out there in the wild for anyone who tried hard enough to find. Remember even Luke supposedly hit a dead end on the planet in question.

That was awful. Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, along with Lando, specifically went on a mission hunting for this thing and couldn?t find it.

Then the new crew of amareurs just happens to fall into quicksand and then they stumble around and it appears right at their feet, with zero effort.

That?s why these new movies suck. Nothing is earned.

The first two movies were horrible so it's fitting that the conclusion was beyond stupid.

That about said it brother. I cannot simply fathom what I just watched.

But honestly I?d go so far to say that the force awakens was simply ok... but the level of terrible of the other two actually brings that one down significantly as well.

Oh man I think I fall on Jye?s side with this one. TLJ destroyed my love for the Star Wars cannon and lore so this time I drank some beers and just said fudge it and went in with no expectations and just enjoyed the ride.

AJP all your complaints are valid but out of all the sequel trilogy this just felt like Star Wars to me. Yes it was infantile, the plot was full of holes and the gravitas was lost but ... it had something else! It focused on a group of close friends coming together despite the odds, over coming the enemy and somehow it just made sense. Not on a literal made sense but on I?m drunk and this has captured my attention in an old fashioned adventure quest story kind of way it made sense.

It reminded me of ROTJ in that it aims to satisfy the younger audience with its more simplistic viewpoint, exposition dump and straight forward macguffin chasing plot theme. But when it finished I realised I had a good time! I went to an early showing full of families and as I left I heard kids telling their parents how fun it was, how awesome Rey was, how they loved the plot ?twists? etc. It had grabbed their imaginations and as a result it just felt very Star Warsy and reminded me of myself and siblings watching the OT.

The film is far far from perfect or great but it was satisfying conclusion on some level. For that reason I?m fine with it, the best of the ST as it pandered more towards the kids than the cynical adults.

Well done JJ you did about the best you could have done with the limitations of TLJ. However the ST is still entirely pointless as it just resets the universe. For that reason it is out of my personal cannon, 1-6 only for me. Only now I would be happy to show these films to my kids when they are old enough, where post TLJ I was happy to just confine them to legends!!

Great post! Completely agree with everything you said. :goodpost::clap

Nah son . Idc about small little reactions on rotten tomatoes. Those people could be anyone. I?m reading reviews and reactions from fans. Plus I don?t trust a site that gave thor ragnorak a 98 percent. I don?t know why people put rotten tomatoes so high . Joker almost got a rotten from them. There opinions mean nothing.

I wouldn’t say it means nothing.

I myself really, really disliked Joker, but I know I’m in the far minority given it’s audience score. And high audience scores aren’t always representative of good movies either. Venom wasn’t a great film but it was a fun film to watch. I find a film nowadays just has to be entertaining to get a decent audience score. And at least with the verified ratings now there is ‘less’ chance for scores to be influenced in either direction.

And note, I didn’t particularly like Thor Ragnorok either (and I’m almost always positive where MCU films are concerned)......but I was under the impression that most around here loved that film, which just goes to show that movies are subjective to a certain extent.

I wouldn?t say it means nothing.

I myself really, really disliked Joker, but I know I?m in the far minority given it?s audience score. And high audience scores aren?t always representative of good movies either. Venom wasn?t a great film but it was a fun film to watch. I find a film nowadays just has to be entertaining to get a decent audience score. And at least with the verified ratings now there is ?less? chance for scores to be influenced in either direction.

And note, I didn?t particularly like Thor Ragnorok either (and I?m almost always positive where MCU films are concerned)......but I was under the impression that most around here loved that film, which just goes to show that movies are subjective to a certain extent.

I feel like rt is biased. They?ll give glowing reviews to something so they won?t be ? canceled? on Twitter or they?ll give negative reviews to something cause the media says it?s bad and to scary and not soft enough. I?m surprised this is getting bad reviews from critics. I thought Disney had them in there pocket. And yea it?s subjective but most fans will blindly follow anything with the label on it. Doesn?t mean it?s good.

Also I stand by what I say. Venom made the money it did cause people thought it was an mcu film. The GA did. They aren?t in the know about studios like us. **** that movie. Glad joker wiped the floor with it.

Doesn't matter. The Skywalker lineage only lasted like 3 people and everything they did was of no consequence anyway. So, yes, Palps won.

View attachment 473632

11b5109e1ba91c55d56dd85c84c39278--star-wars-baby-scene.jpg

I feel like rt is biased. They?ll give glowing reviews to something so they won?t be ? canceled? on Twitter or they?ll give negative reviews to something cause the media says it?s bad and to scary and not soft enough. I?m surprised this is getting bad reviews from critics. I thought Disney had them in there pocket. And yea it?s subjective but most fans will blindly follow anything with the label on it. Doesn?t mean it?s good.
E
Also I stand by what I say. Venom made the money it did cause people thought it was an mcu film. The GA did. They aren?t in the know about studios like us. **** that movie. Glad joker wiped the floor with it.

From what you’re saying it’s like no one can be trusted. The dozens if not hundreds of critics are biased and can be bought off, except when they aren’t like in this movies case (I guess Disney ran out of bribery money for this and in the many other critical flops that they have), and that the general audience are easily influenced and as such their reactions can also not be trusted. It’s almost like you’re saying if someone’s opinion differs from you and yours they must be biased for one of a dozen different reasons.

And I’m sure there probably are cases where such suggestions may be true, but I’m not sure you can apply it to the entire population.

At the end of the day imo people will like what they like, and dislike what they dislike and it’s a pointless exercise to determine why or why not or to suggest it’s all some conspiracy, like everyone is bought and paid for.

I’d love to here from people who liked the movie/ST and their thoughts on the various grabage througout and how they justify it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Need I go on?

TROS was garbage. The ST was garbage.

I’d love to here from people who liked the movie/ST and their thoughts on the various grabage througout and how they justify it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Need I go on?

TROS was garbage. The ST was garbage.

Honestly I didn’t really care about any of your points except for the first one, which was why I said previously some of the oddity of it was toned down, at least to me when he passed on. Otherwise that could’ve gotten messy.

And it seems that a lot of whatever negativity there is, is associated by how closely it follows and/or in their opinion negates the original trilogy. Unfortunately this was always going to be the problem with them trying to follow directly from the originals. Imo they should’ve just started completely fresh (like a hundred years later after the Skywalkers had successfully saved everyone and fully rejuvenated the Jedi etc), so ‘fans’ wouldn’t be insulted by the choices made and done to their long beloved iconic heroes and villains. It was always going to be losing battle as far as I’m concerned.

You have to remember TROS has to start from 5'11 in the ground and fight its way to level. It wasnt like ROTJ which simply needed to resolve the vader luke conflict after 2 amazing films. So even if the sequel trilogy is an overall failure TROS was really the best it could have been under the circumstances.

The only way it could have been better is if the movie started with rey on achto shaking her head while holding out lukes lightsaber and saying she just had a terrible vision from the force :)

You have to remember TROS has to start from 5'11 in the ground and fight its way to level. It wasnt like ROTJ which simply needed to resolve the vader luke conflict after 2 amazing films. So even if the sequel trilogy is an overall failure TROS was really the best it could have been under the circumstances.

The only way it could have been better is if the movie started with rey on achto shaking her head while holding out lukes lightsaber and saying she just had a terrible vision from the force :)

That suggestion always reminds me of how they eliminated an entire year on the original US soap opera Dynasty (before my time I think) with it all being someone’s dream.

That suggestion always reminds me of how they eliminated an entire year on the original US soap opera Dynasty (before my time I think) with it all being someone?s dream.

I thought that was Dallas...

Bob Newhart made fun of that, he had done two tv shows (The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart) and how he ended Newhart was he turned on the lights and he was in bed with his tv wife from The Bob Newhart Show and he turns to her and says " I had this horrible dream "....

Last edited:
Reviews had me pretty worried, but I actually enjoyed the movie for the most part. The plot was definitely more convoluted than it needed to be, and some of the action felt a bit tedious at times, but there were enough cool moments to make it worthwhile.

It will take me awhile to get used to that Rey reveal though. Of all the crazy fan theories floated around before about her parentage, Abrams just had to go for the most far-fetched one of all. And it unfortunately feels like something done for shock value more than anything else.

I thought that was Dallas...

Bob Newhart made fun of that, he had done two tv shows (The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart) and how he ended the 2nd tv show series was he turned on the lights and he was in bed with his tv wife from the 1st tv show series and he turns to her and says " I had this horrible dream "....

Sorry my mistake :slap

Reviews had me pretty worried, but I actually enjoyed the movie for the most part. The plot was definitely more convoluted than it needed to be, and some of the action felt a bit tedious at times, but there were enough cool moments to make it worthwhile.

It will take me awhile to get used to that Rey reveal though. Of all the crazy fan theories floated around before about her parentage, Abrams just had to go for the most far-fetched one of all. And it unfortunately feels like something done for shock value more than anything else.

Same, but at least her parents were essentially no bodies. It’s just that the father for one of the parents was a big somebody.

I disagree. TROS was only at a disadvantage because JJ chose to undo/outdo TLJ. If he'd just taken what was there and run with it - no Palps, no Final Order - I reckon it would have been much less muddled.

So did Jye and Khev like the movie? Where's their reviews?

Since they will be the most relentless posters for the next 12 months I need to be ready.

LoL

I loved lots of it but ultimately the Palpatine plot just crumbles into a confusing convoluted mess.

I do like it that even Vader understood the force better than Palpatine because Vader says that the ability to destroy planets with WMD is insignificant compared to the force yet here is the grand wizard of the Sith building and relying on more WMD.

The movie has a great pace and characters that were on a proper cadence this time out much more exciting than TFA.

Some of the action set pieces were astounding especially that saber battle.

Leia?s death was properly handled attached to Kylo and Han.

Sabers never sounded or looked better.

I?m just shocked that this horrible director actually created a fast paced somewhat thrilling movie especially when compared to TFA.

BUT THAT PALPATINE lol

Movie should?ve opened with Palpatines voice booming over Endor with the Ewoks cowering in fear.

Lol so lemme get this straight. Snoke is just some old loser that was cloned? What a waste of a character. All that build up and theory for nothing.

Thank goodness for fallen order and mando to remind me why I love this franchise

Yeah pretty lame explanation.

O wow I completely forgot about phasma. So she def did die in TLJ . Why build up a character like that only to kill them off so easily.

Yeah pretty lame character.

Same for Maz.

Same for that new little droid lol

It was cluttered. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. My biggest complaint is that I wanted MORE fan service.

I agree 100%

Make that 101%

Honestly I didn?t really care about any of your points except for the first one, which was why I said previously some of the oddity of it was toned down, at least to me when he passed on. Otherwise that could?ve gotten messy.

And it seems that a lot of whatever negativity there is, is associated by how closely it follows and/or in their opinion negates the original trilogy. Unfortunately this was always going to be the problem with them trying to follow directly from the originals. Imo they should?ve just started completely fresh (like a hundred years later after the Skywalkers had successfully saved everyone and fully rejuvenated the Jedi etc), so ?fans? wouldn?t be insulted by the choices made and done to their long beloved iconic heroes and villains. It was always going to be losing battle as far as I?m concerned.

I don?t understand the complaint either I completely saw it that Kylo could not heal and did not heal her in the way Rey could what happened was that the Force allowed him to exchange his life force for hers.

He healed her but he had to give up his life to do so.

At first like Wor-Gar I also questioned why Palpatine did not damage Rey by sucking her life force out of her but she was damaged and died soon after the ordeal was over.

She was dead had it not been for Kylo sacrificing his life as atonement for Han and all the other destruction he caused.

Still a missed opportunity by not having all the primary ghost Jedis surrounding Palpatine helping Rey for his final demise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I disagree. TROS was only at a disadvantage because JJ chose to undo/outdo TLJ. If he'd just taken what was there and run with it - no Palps, no Final Order - I reckon it would have been much less muddled.

As in expand Snoke lore?

Rey Vader?

I don?t know if there was enough narrative in place for them to run with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back