Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That probably depends on how nitpicky you are. Some will tear it apart for the smallest of reasons.

Even though I like the original trilogy, I’m not so enamoured by them either as I watched them later in life. Probably just prior to the prequels coming out.

I don’t consider myself nitpicky. I enjoyed the PT for crying out loud. :lol Still do. The OT is something I watch 2 or 3 times a year so I’d like any recent SW related shows to at least not negate any of its lore or established fictional perimeters. I’d like for any new SW to have a similar tone to the OT as well. Some things endure due to change. Others to familiarity. Star Wars for me is the latter.

Are you sure? I could have sworn when they first find it that reference is made to it being old. Maybe they meant old text.

Yes, it was the text. They don't say the dagger was that old. Just that the Sith speeder was an old model and the rider had turned to bones.

The moment Rey pulls it from the sand I got an Indiana Jones vibe from the music flourish.

I feel that the palpatine reveal fell completely flat, when ren said it, people were like oh

But damn

https://www.eonline.com/news/110510...le-calls-new-star-wars-movie-a-f-king-failure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that that was potentially a very big mistake that they made with regards to the initial marketing of the movie. Anyone who was barely paying attention knew that there was a very good chance that the Emperor was back. Imo they should’ve ‘tried’ to keep it secret.

Disney wanted to use Palps as marketing material.

The whole "The dead speak!" with Palps announcing his return off-screen seemed like a great scene lost to a crawl 'zinger'.

Palpatine has come a long way since he first appeared in Alan Dean Foster's 1976 novel, back when he was hiding away at the mercy of bureaucrats.

Though you could retcon that as the pure effectiveness of the insidious deep cover operation he was running. :wink1:

And notice that Ren's blacksmith was a chimpanzee in make-up? I thought that might've been an Easter egg reference to Palpatine's original chimpanzee eyes in ESB. It was literally a veiled reference as the smith was wearing a visor.

Didn't Alan Dean Foster give us Force Snakes too?

The first "canon" image of the Emperor I remember was that McQuarrie sketch of him seated on his throne in the lava cave.

And notice that Ren's blacksmith was a chimpanzee in make-up? I thought that might've been an Easter egg reference to Palpatine's original chimpanzee eyes in ESB. It was literally a veiled reference as the smith was wearing a visor.

I thought that was a nod to Debbie the space monkey from Lost in Space. Same ears.

I thought that was a nod to Debbie the space monkey from Lost in Space. Same ears.

Similar, but horizontal.

vlcsnap-2019-12-21-07h26m28s492.jpg

It was just something that struck me as soon as I saw the chimp mouth, and might not have even been intentional.

Sheesh. Another divisive film. Not as bad as TLJ but still not good. O well. Time to pack it up for a few yrs

Sheesh. Another divisive film. Not as bad as TLJ but still not good. O well. Time to pack it up for a few yrs

I’m not sure how divisive it is with audiences anyway.

B341A9DD-6CBF-457F-9C9E-D8AD879679E5.jpg

On Rotten Tomato it’s got an audience rating of 86% or 4.31 out of 5

Which is almost the complete opposite with how it was with Last Jedi

F7278CAC-6D1F-40AB-A375-B95D2D48B9E6.jpg

Once the shock of just how bad it was starts to wear off I'll be able to start pulling out the good points, as with TLJ.

The one stand out moment so far was Chewie's grief stricken reaction. That seemed to me the most sincere element of the film.

I’m not sure how divisive it is with audiences anyway.

View attachment 473636

On Rotten Tomato it’s got an audience rating of 86% or 4.31 out of 5

View attachment 473637

Will find out in the 2nd week after the drop in viewers, if it's a huge drop then it's a sign people are not going back for 2nd or 3rd viewings which every movie needs in order to pass that Billion dollar mark...

I?m not sure how divisive it is with audiences anyway.

View attachment 473636

On Rotten Tomato it?s got an audience rating of 86% or 4.31 out of 5

View attachment 473637

Nah son . Idc about small little reactions on rotten tomatoes. Those people could be anyone. I?m reading reviews and reactions from fans. Plus I don?t trust a site that gave thor ragnorak a 98 percent. I don?t know why people put rotten tomatoes so high . Joker almost got a rotten from them. There opinions mean nothing.

Back