Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite part is how this movie kills off all Skywalkers and makes a Palpatine the actual chosen one undoing everything Lucas wrote. Rey identifying as a Skywalker is hilariously stupid.

O wow I completely forgot about phasma. So she def did die in TLJ . Why build up a character like that only to kill them off so easily.

Eh, I thought TLJ was a good ending for Phasma. I don’t know what else they could’ve used her for. The fight between her and Finn was one of the best moments.

The extended/alternate version is better though and adds more character to her.

So what was this prophecy anyway? The jedi are still all gone and the Skywalker line is dead. So palpatine won

doesn?t erase the fact that the grandkids of vader and palpatine kissed each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tenor.gif

Although doesn’t Palps at one point say something about waiting a long time for them coming together? Well there you go.

garbage, the prophecy got outruled by Leia?s prophecy

it?s like han saying he misses his son yet he can show up whenever he wants, what was he waiting for??

doesn’t erase the fact that the grandkids of vader and palpatine kissed each other

I must admit I was going please don’t kiss, please don’t kiss, and I mentally did an eye roll when it happened. But then because of how we left off with ‘Ben’ I went okay, no lasting damage.

The whole warped love story between Kylo and Rey was so lame, they knew each other for what 5 mins in TFA before having some kind of force mind connection with her in TLJ for another 5 mins and yet in TROS he's declaring his love for her... come on...

The trilogy was so badly written it's not even funny, the people who like it seem to be more enthralled by the special effects and action sequences then the actual story...

Ummm, Rey is a Jedi and she's alive at the end. I know you're probably trying to forget the events of this movie as quickly as possible, but still...

I don’t know my canon that well, but I thought in Star Wars lineage wasn’t what the force was supposed to be about, for either side. Rey was trained as a Jedi and that’s all that should matter, not who her grandfather was. If anything it would seem Palpatine lost because his entire family chose the light and went against him.

I also just realized that the fact Rey's force powers could stop a space ship attempting to leave the atmosphere at full thrust means she is more powerful than the GRAVITY OF AN ENTIRE PLANET. Rey has become a character from an episode of Naruto.

I'd love to see them continue with Rey. Knowing her bloodline now they can go interesting places with her character.

I can see Rey being able to explode planets with her mind in the next movie (if they continued it)...

That'd be fun :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can see Rey being able to explode planets with her mind in the next movie (if they continued it)...

Honestly Star Wars has always been a bit heavy handed with their power levels. Just look at the Death Stars and now Star Destroyers are now planet killers. I thought that was far, far more outrageous then Reys current level of force powers.

That'd be fun :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anything is possible, as the Jedi and the Sith were not the only aspects of followers of the Force. Even recently there have been stories of other force users like in Rebels and in Fallen Order.

Honestly Star Wars has always been a bit heavy handed with their power levels. Just look at the Death Stars and now Star Destroyers are now planet killers. I thought that was far, far more outrageous then Reys current level of force powers.

I didn't mind the original Death Star, it took forever to build and it was the size of a moon, so yeah it was going to generate a ton of power... Abrams is the one who took it to absurdity with the Death Star Planet... The Fact Rey went from knowing nothing about the force to the most powerful Force user ever in a flick of a swtich is also a complete joke... The whole story was absurd... If they hadn't brought back the original cast and the success of the movie was completely dependent on the new characters only it would have bombed really hard in the theaters...

I just saw the movie and I thoroughly and unabashedly enjoyed it. No matter what anyone says Star Wars has never been high cinema, and I found this episode enjoyable throughout. The Leia scenes may have been shoehorned but they were ?okay?, and the twist was a bit on the nose, but I got past the initial shock quickly enough to enjoy the ride.

And if you?re someone who dislikes Last Jedi, I would give this a chance. Because as far as the critics go, they loved Last Jedi, but audiences didn?t. But from Rotten Tomatoes the critics dislike this one, but the audience % is currently at 86%.

Note that while I didn?t love Last Jedi, I didn?t hate it either. So I suggest everyone make their own minds up and not let either pool of people influence your decision.

I enjoyed it as well, but I do think a little more exposition in some places would have gone a long way to paper over some of the plot holes. For instance, Palpatine's Final Order fleet could have been a secret military project that was initiated back when the Empire was still in power. Its being on Exegol in an isolated part of the galaxy could have facilitated Palp's henchmen keeping it going even after the Empire fell. That doesn't explain how it continued to be funded and acquired the raw materials necessary to make all those Star Destroyers (lol), but it would have started to explain how a full fleet (with crews) existed.

BTW, can someone refresh my memory: What reason did they give for Leia handing over her lightsaber to Luke for safekeeping? They showed that flashback of her training with Luke when they were younger, but I guess I wasn't listening very carefully.

I enjoyed it as well, but I do think a little more exposition in some places would have gone a long way to paper over some of the plot holes. For instance, Palpatine's Final Order fleet could have been a secret military project that was initiated back when the Empire was still in power. Its being on Exegol in an isolated part of the galaxy could have facilitated Palp's henchmen keeping it going even after the Empire fell. That doesn't explain how it continued to be funded and acquired the raw materials necessary to make all those Star Destroyers (lol), but it would have started to explain how a full fleet (with crews) existed.

BTW, can someone refresh my memory: What reason did they give for Leia handing over her lightsaber to Luke for safekeeping? They showed that flashback of her training with Luke when they were younger, but I guess I wasn't listening very carefully.

I don’t believe they actually were a fully staffed fleet. I could’ve sworn they mentioned having to increase recruitment because of the Sith fleet.

Back