Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's a difference between a blooper and a poorly staged moment.

I usually think of Bloopers as accidents that no one catches until its too late -- like the stormtrooper bumping his head on the door in ANH. Or maybe "movie magic" that fails in some way -- like the reflection of the snake on the glass in Raiders.

I think that's different than a bad shot like Luke's kick. Or poorly shot mechanics of the skiff shifting its weight from being hit by a laser bolt. Clearly they just didn't have time to do it again, Lucas watching his budget and all.

I mean, we don't say that lower budget movies suffer from more bloopers.

I could see time being a factor, but was GL still restricted by budgetary considerations when ROTJ was filmed? I mean seriously, between the ticket sales, merchandising, commercial tie-ins, etc., SW was making money heretofore unseen in the industry. I'd bet they could have afforded a second take. :lol

I could see time being a factor, but was GL still restricted by budgetary considerations when ROTJ was filmed? I mean seriously, between the ticket sales, merchandising, commercial tie-ins, etc., SW was making money heretofore unseen in the industry. I'd bet they could have afforded a second take. :lol

OMG, he's totally thrifty. Even then. On Raiders, I think he wanted Spielberg to do two takes and move on on everything -- and that was far from what Steven was used to. I'm sure there's times where that works and times where it doesn't. But yeah, George is notorious. But then that's also how he jams his movies with so much stuff.

OMG, he's totally thrifty. Even then. On Raiders, I think he wanted Spielberg to do two takes and move on on everything -- and that was far from what Steven was used to. I'm sure there's times where that works and times where it doesn't. But yeah, George is notorious. But then that's also how he jams his movies with so much stuff.

That sounds more like impatience rather than thrift. If he's jamming more scenes in he's still spending the time and money, just on more scenes. But it would explain the bloopers - less attention to detail.

That sounds more like impatience rather than thrift. If he's jamming more scenes in he's still spending the time and money, just on more scenes. But it would explain the bloopers - less attention to detail.

Maybe he's impatient, or has OCD or something. But more takes doesn't mean more screen time, whereas more scenes does.

Lucas has a thing for twos -- two takes, no scene longer than two pages in his scripts.

There are only really two things that bug me about the ST, that the other trilogies had but it doesn't:

• A Skywalker among the main three heroes
  • The droids there for all the pivotal moments

I haven't read any of the spoilers but someone who did hinted that it may be a very tenuous connection after all.

I'm still hoping for her being the result of a past Luke dalliance with Zorii Bliss. Keri Russell & JJ go way back, so I could totally see him making her character very significant to the story. I hope all the talk of Zorii's past with Poe is a misdirect.

Yep, truer.

He could have easily been called Ben Skywalker but toxic masculinity forces women to take the Man's name.

He would have been majorly teased with a name like Ben Organa. Even the hyphenate, Solo-Organa, would have gotten a few snickers at Coruscant Heights High.

I'm still hoping for her being the result of a past Luke dalliance with Zorii Bliss. Keri Russell & JJ go way back, so I could totally see him making her character very significant to the story. I hope all the talk of Zorii's past with Poe is a misdirect.

I love it - the reappearance of Luke's one night stand from Mos Eisley twenty years earlier.

I mean all we'll need is his coke addiction alone on Dagobah with ghost Yoda hounding him and we'll have all we need of ST Luke.

Just checked my local cinemas - not 1 session is sold, over the next week on multiple cinemas, not even the midnight screening!

Wasn't expecting that; even Friday night and Saturday night.

I'm expecting it to do 1-1.3 billion, but now I'm wondering if it's just the fanatical fans that will give this any life? If so, does that mean it won't even hit the billion mark?

Repeat viewing is where those sorts of numbers come into play, and even if I like it (which I doubt I will), I won't be giving one extra cent to Disney than I have to.

Hopefully they learn their lesson. If they had have delayed the whole start by 1 year... just 1 year, and mapped everything out, not put any agenda crap in it, (and not hire ****wit Johnson, they could have (possibly) evaded the current level of ill-will, and apathy toward the brand.

Dumb ****s.

Back