Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, is the fact that Snoke had his own theme in TFA, but had Palpatine's theme in the TLJ throne room scene, just a coincidence in light of the new trailer?

If Snoke wasn't killed off in TLJ, would Palpatine still have been brought back?

What direction was Trevorrow going in with his Ep9 script that led to him being let go?

I really wish there was a Rinzler "making of" book for the ST. I'd love to know how all of this played out. But I would trade it in a heartbeat to be able to see the full Lucas ST treatment/outline for comparison's sake. I want that treatment published in the worst way.

Yeah, so who was Snoke then?

It's such a weird thing that they created this copy of Palps (with pretty much all the attributes of OT Palps) then killed him off, only to bring in the actual Palps and say he was driving the bus from day one.

And the family connections if correct are just bizarre - what is that supposed to lead us to? Luke being Vader's child leads to all kinds of stuff - but this latest one is so sort of random.

Nah, Return Of The Jedi has its issues but it ain't that bad. ;)

It was bad enough for me- when I saw it as a kid I was disappointed even then. The Luke/Vader confrontation was pretty good but the first 2/3rds...ughhhh just filler stuff IMO

Yeah, so who was Snoke then?

It's such a weird thing that they created this copy of Palps (with pretty much all the attributes of OT Palps) then killed him off, only to bring in the actual Palps and say he was driving the bus from day one.

And the family connections if correct are just bizarre - what is that supposed to lead us to? Luke being Vader's child leads to all kinds of stuff - but this latest one is so sort of random.

It would be really disappointing to end the Skywalker saga
Spoiler Spoiler:

When they said they were going to end it I didn?t think they meant
Spoiler Spoiler:

I?m hoping the leaks are only just mostly correct.

No it didn?t, it changed the fan base.

Easy billion.

My theater is sold out for all shows opening day and night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but it def destroyed a huge chunk of the fanbase . I know you don?t like to admit it but it caused a huge divide. Just go back and look at like 90 percent of fan reviews. And your theater sold out but mine has seats available still throughout the weekend. So we gon see soon.

Yea?ll it?ll make an easy billion maybe. But will it be well received. We gon see

It was bad enough for me- when I saw it as a kid I was disappointed even then. The Luke/Vader confrontation was pretty good but the first 2/3rds...ughhhh just filler stuff IMO

When I was a kid I wasn't as critical. I liked Jabba's Palace and especially the battle over the Sarlacc ... loved AT-STs, Speeder Bikes and Scout Troopers, the final duel and space battle ... wasn't so crazy about Ewoks but don't remember actually hating them. I just sort of accepted they were a part of it.

When I was a kid I wasn't as critical. I liked Jabba's Palace and especially the battle over the Sarlacc ... loved AT-STs, Speeder Bikes and Scout Troopers, the final duel and space battle ... wasn't so crazy about Ewoks but don't remember actually hating them. I just sort of accepted they were a part of it.

While ROTJ has a fair amount of utter crap (and middling to weak performances from many of the key players,) you'd have to be a pretty cynical kid to consider Jabba's palace, sarlacc and the speeder bike chase as uggghhh filler stuff and walk out disappointed other than Luke/Vader. lol

All will be answered soon.

I've decided I won't venture beyond page 1250 of this thread.

I think the Sarlacc battle was pretty poorly staged. Back then all the way to today, when that skiff gets shot and tilts like a bad prop on the Universal Studios tour, I cringe.

The speeder bike chase on the other hand made up for it.

I think the Sarlacc battle was pretty poorly staged. Back then all the way to today, when that skiff gets shot and tilts like a bad prop on the Universal Studios tour, I cringe.

The speeder bike chase on the other hand made up for it.

The introduction of the baseball bat lightsaber: :lol

pshau.gif

Not to mention the infamous whiff kick:

source.gif

Looks straight from a Disneyland park Star Wars skit in Tomorrowland. Or I guess now in Star Wars land.

Yes, the lightsaber that no longer chops like it did in the two films prior was terrible. And of course Boba Fett's "demise". People complain about stormtroopers, but Jabba's bumbling guards can't seem to pick off a few people on an unmovable skiff either. The whole sequence is just awkward... and only remembered well by people who watched it a thousand times as kids.

[...]The whole sequence is just awkward... and only remembered well by people who watched it a thousand times as kids.

Bingo.

As a forgiving kid I interpreted the saber as inflicting slashing wounds on the assailants without severing anything. Never noticed the missed kick and was just happy to see Luke kicking everyone's ass. I wasn't so invested in Boba Fett so his ignominious manner of death didn't register or if it did I can't remember. And of course I was checking out Leia. :dunno

Bingo.

As a forgiving kid I interpreted the saber as inflicting slashing wounds on the assailants without severing anything. Never noticed the missed kick and was just happy to see Luke kicking everyone's ass. I wasn't so invested in Boba Fett so his ignominious manner of death didn't register or if it did I can't remember. And of course I was checking out Leia. :dunno

Oh no, of course as a kid, you were just rooting for Luke and the Rebels. Still do. But now when watching it, that whole Sarlacc battle is pretty poorly acted out, as WG said. Like I said, you’d expect that kind of acting in one of those old Star Wars skits they used to do in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park.

But this doesn't make it a good movie. We all remember a lot of crap fondly. One must be able to be more discerning with age. That doesn't mean your feelings will change -- I still think the shark in Jaws looks real enough -- but you can be honest about it.

Oh, no argument there. I actually can't sit through ROTJ now.

I think this sub-discussion started after I was being snarky and disavowed the ST by referencing ROTJ as the end of the Skywalker saga.

It’s funny, RotJ is the OT film I generally watch only when it’s on TNT or something in the midst of a SW holiday marathon, whereas ANH and ESB (specifically ESB) I’ll pop in on my own volition.

Back