Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the latest article to repeat the same two lies concerning TLJ that are most often repeated: the "small/vocal/toxic minority" who didn't like TLJ, and that fans wanted Luke on Crait to destroy the ATATs and perhaps the entire planet by raising his eyebrow while twirling four lightsabers (as explanation for the reason they disliked the sequence as presented.) The latter gets a weekly workout on here.

At least the "so-called/alleged" part of "backlash" (the third lie that many stuck with for the entire year after TLJ) disappeared a year or so ago - the idea that the backlash didn't even really exist. This Forbes magazine guy - who is a major TLJ shill - uses the term "outcry" without questioning its existence.

4DxgZvL.png

Honestly maybe it?s because the common fan doesn?t know any better and just takes their dosage as is? I mean slap the Disney brand on and it?s horde to the masses, this movie is completely on track for biggest opening for a sw film but at the same time a lot of people are skeptical about this film, so who knows, Star Wars became disneyfied a long time ago but they cater to all sides, just imagine if you get a passionate team behind this.

But Hey know the Ryan Johnson trilogy is inevitable since knives out made its way into one the top 10 movies of this year despite only making a 130million in the box office, he wants to talk bad about toxic fandom but look where it got him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are you smoking? It's a murder mystery and has already made more than triple its budget in 16 days, which is quite impressive for a non-franchise movie in this or any era. I'm not saying that makes him deserving of his own trilogy, but the reality is he seems to be surviving just fine (if not thriving) without the "toxic fandom".

It absolutely boggles the mind that the same people in these articles dismissing TLJ criticism as not matching up with fan fiction theories and what not, are the same people running articles complaining about their stupid "ships" not happening with Rey and Kylo or Finn and Poe.

It’s a murder mystery starring Captain America, James Bond and Laurie Strode. So it’s not like there’s no fan-culture mixed into the box office.

That said, I’m more than happy to see it succeed. I have nothing personally against the guy.

Just the latest article to repeat the same two lies concerning TLJ that are most often repeated: the "small/vocal/toxic minority" who didn't like TLJ, and that fans wanted Luke on Crait to destroy the ATATs and perhaps the entire planet by raising his eyebrow while twirling four lightsabers (as explanation for the reason they disliked the sequence as presented.) The latter gets a weekly workout on here.

At least the "so-called/alleged" part of "backlash" (the third lie that many stuck with for the entire year after TLJ) disappeared a year or so ago - the idea that the backlash didn't even really exist. This Forbes magazine guy - who is a major TLJ shill - uses the term "outcry" without questioning its existence.

4DxgZvL.png

It absolutely boggles the mind that the same people in these articles dismissing TLJ criticism as not matching up with "fan fiction theories" and what not, are the same people running articles complaining about their stupid "ships" not happening with Rey and Kylo or Finn and Poe.

Strawmen are the best.
It makes me think of my home state?s embarrassing political media darling, AOC. ?My statements may be factually wrong but they are morally correct.? Sooo....wrong.

I don’t care what people are saying and thinking, I hope they just made the best movie they could. That’s what matters.

I don?t care what people are saying and thinking, I hope they just made the best movie they could. That?s what matters.

Exactly. What other people think doesn’t affect my dislike or enjoyment of something. If I like it, I like it. If I don’t, I don’t.

Regarding this film, I can only hope it’s a much better installment than the previous one, but fully expect it to be a dud. I can only be pleasantly surprised and not disappointed with that approach.

This is what was leaked:

Yup, that's exactly what I read. On top of that I and read the original JediPraxis posts before those new amendments. I never thought I'd do something like that, but I needed something to get me excited about the prospect of this movie being good.

But based off that, it all seems like horrible, horrible fan fiction. Especially the ending. I'm just so disappointed.

"You mean I get to come with you in your starship?" "Yippee!"

Watching TPM right now.... well, fast forwarding thru. Painful as ever to actually watch, especially that dead middle.

Because they like Star Wars, haven?t seen the film yet (like you), and are probably simply hoping for the best but expecting the worst (rightfully so). I don?t know anyone who actually likes a franchise and roots for an upcoming installment from it to fail.

Amen. I cannot see bow anyone who calls themselves a fan wouldn?t see it. Franchises have their ups and downs.

I dislike to PT but still saw each film in the PT in the theater. I was hoping they would get better and I was rewarded finally. I think I viewed PT like many people here currently view the ST. TPM was pretty bad, AOTC was horrendous to me, and ROTS was decent.
The last film being the best of the trilogy.

I finally scored decent seats for a Sunday morning Imax. 9am (horrors) but it should be a good crowd as here in the south people will be in Church and doing last minute shopping.

All the Thursday and Friday shows are basically sold out (unless you want front row or single seats.

I think , now in the days of reserve seating , people are not as quick to buy ahead.

I was shocked to see people walking up for the opening night of Endgame at Alamo draft house, expecting to get in.

They did have a few single seats, but this was a party of 4 expecting to sit together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, that's exactly what I read. On top of that I and read the original JediPraxis posts before those new amendments. I never thought I'd do something like that, but I needed something to get me excited about the prospect of this movie being good.

But based off that, it all seems like horrible, horrible fan fiction. Especially the ending. I'm just so disappointed.

Ah, I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were looking for the leaks, rather than a place to talk about them.

Likewise, I don't care what I see in the way of leaks about this film. Just as I didn't care before The Force Awakens.

I don't place any value on the Sequels (or the Prequels), and they won't affect my attachment to the OT, Rogue One, Solo or The Mandalorian.

For a start I just can't connect with characters like Rey or Finn. Then there's the embarrassing acting from frozen-faced Fisher, and the embarrassingly childish nature of Kylo/Ben whom I despise as much as Jar Jar Binks.

There are some bright spots, but you have to extract them from the entirety of the project. I think of the Prequels and Sequels as 'mis-remembered stories'. If Artoo was relating the tales (as he did in one of the comics), then he was mis-reporting the facts of the events. Things happened, but not exactly as we're shown.

with all due respect , I?ve had enough of this contention. I don?t mean the different viewpoints. I mean the constant flow of fighting, put downs, and general bad behavior. Barely a page can go by without this toxic culture.

Can someone please point me to a place I can chat with other Star Wars Fans who like the new stuff, where we won?t constantly be attacked or berated by people who hates the new stuff?

I know there are reasons to hate the new stuff, I get it, I don?t care I still like it.

Or if this is the place, then Would moderators kindly please do their job?

I want to have some friends to talk with Star Wars about, but after reading a few pages here I literally felt like throwing up I was so disgusted. So I may just go away, If there are no positive options.

I don?t mean the last few messages either, by and large, these are tame compared to some of the ones I was seeing.

with all due respect , I?ve had enough of this contention. I don?t mean the different viewpoints. I mean the constant flow of fighting, put downs, and general bad behavior. Barely a page can go by without this toxic culture.

Can someone please point me to a place I can chat with other Star Wars Fans who like the new stuff, where we won?t constantly be attacked or berated by people who hates the new stuff?

I know there are reasons to hate the new stuff, I get it, I don?t care I still like it.

I want to have some friends to talk with Star Wars about, but after reading a few pages here I literally felt like throwing up I was so disgusted. So I may just go away, If there are no positive options.

I don?t mean the last few messages either, by and large, these are tame compared to some of the ones I was seeing.
Completely agree. So much negativity in here. Not really a lot of discussion, just PT and ST bashing. If you're into the leaks, the people in the Star Wars Leaks Subreddit are pretty positive and excited.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Most of the internet appears to be infected by an unpleasant culture, by people who can't abide different opinions and will forcefully impose their own in any manner possible.

Actually, this place is much more civilized than it used to be. There are a few trolls who chum the water to get a rise, but seemingly not as many as there once were.

Amen. I cannot see bow anyone who calls themselves a fan wouldn?t see it. Franchises have their ups and downs.

I dislike to PT but still saw each film in the PT in the theater. I was hoping they would get better and I was rewarded finally. I think I viewed PT like many people here currently view the ST. TPM was pretty bad, AOTC was horrendous to me, and ROTS was decent.
The last film being the best of the trilogy.

I think this line of thinking works both ways. I can't fathom how anyone who is a fan of Star Wars WOULD actually want to pay money to support this trash. The Disney Trilogy is NOT and never will be Star Wars to me. Just cause some corporation has the legal rights to the brand name doesn't mean anything to me. These are products, not movies.

We can have a peeing contest in the sand all night between who the "real" fans are and nobody will ever agree. To me, supporting these movies is like going to see your favorite band 30 years after they broke up, and the only remaining member is the touring keyboardist, and everyone else is a new guy, but they have the nerve to get onstage and pretend they're the original band.

As for the guy asking about a place where everyone loves everything Disney does and is all sunshine and rainbows, I'm certain that there are plenty of forums like that around, but this one ain't it.

"You mean I get to come with you in your starship?" "Yippee!"

Watching TPM right now.... well, fast forwarding thru. Painful as ever to actually watch, especially that dead middle.

I don't hate TPM like I used to, but I can't get through the podrace. It's so long and so silly. I always skip right through those scenes. Anything with Little Ani is rough to watch at best, but I try and tell myself Lucas was clearly trying to make kids be able to relate to him with a new generation of Star Wars fans coming through. Hell, I was 10 when TPM came out and I didn't hate Anakin or Jar Jar at the time, so I get what they were going on.

I did, however, hate that stupid podrace, even at ten years old. Not a fan of space NASCAR.

Back