Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

:D

Hate to start this off on the wrong foot, but didn't the TPM teaser also start with "Every Generation Has a Legend"?:horror:lol

Damn this trailer didn’t break the internet like the last trailers did. Just kinda “ o look star wars again. Ok back to usual” sheesh. The comments are nothing but hate on most places. They better bring it with this one. TLJ really ****ed up the brand

I remember seeing the first images of TFA with a cyborg Sith and imagined it was Luke fallen to the Darkside, I think a lot of people thought this. That would have been such a great story to tell.

Boy was I disappointed they never used that character or story arc.

6f89e8088765fa8789af3d27bddba3f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember seeing the first images of TFA with a cyborg Sith and imagined it was Luke fallen to the Darkside, I think a lot of people thought this. That would have been such a great story to tell.

Boy was I disappointed they never used that character or story arc.

6f89e8088765fa8789af3d27bddba3f4.jpg

It would of pissed of the OT fans who followed his journey and saw him overcome what his dad couldn’t. Tbh it just would of been another skywalker falling into darkness with a cyborg body

It would of pissed of the OT fans who followed his journey and saw him overcome what his dad couldn’t. Tbh it just would of been another skywalker falling into darkness with a cyborg body

But they played with the idea obviously I’m sure.

And they pissed off the fans even more with what the ended up doing with Luke anyway.

I think it would have worked and even though it’s the same retelling, these are the motifs that we cling to in the first place when watching these movies.

Hell, they could have used the character as a bad guy and not Luke. I would have been happy with that. Lol. It was a great design.

Cyborgs are awesome!

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

Watched the teaser again.

Three takeaways:

1. I really liked Rey's detached arm sleeves in the previous films but her bare toned arms are sexy as hell, lol.

Khev... KHEV?! Over here buddy!:lol

2. I noticed that the person saudering Kylo's mask together has arms with long black hair, almost like a wookiee.

Rey's arms before she waxed.:dunno:lol

3. I freaking *love* Lando's jubilation. What a great and hearty laugh!

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Seeing Lando back got a pretty silly grin and the warm fuzzies going for me.:love

bd046b33d59f8004dfd3ed28abce61cb.jpg

So from this pic you could say Rey goes off into the wreckage of the ROTJ Death Star to do what?

Find the emperor hiding in the wreckage, or maybe his body? To do what? Bring him back from the dead. To talk to her? Maybe tell her who her maker is?

I’m sure this is one the stories people are actually going with.

Sadly it will turn out that she went into the wreckage only to find a Sith hologram of Palpatine in which he he laughs for a bit and then tells her nothing and here everyone thinks Palpatine is back in physical form. Lol.

Last edited:
bd046b33d59f8004dfd3ed28abce61cb.jpg

So from this pic you could say Rey goes off into the wreckage of the ROTJ Death Star to do what?

Find the emperor hiding in the wreckage, or maybe his body? To do what? Bring him back from the dead. To talk to her? Maybe tell her who her maker is?

I’m sure this is one the stories people are actually going with.

Sadly it will turn out that she went into the wreckage only to find a Sith hologram of Palpatine in which he he laughs for a bit and then tells her nothing and here everyone thinks Palpatine is back in physical form. Lol.

Well Ian McDiarmid was on the set for a reason. So hopefully he's more than just a holocron.

Damn this trailer didn’t break the internet like the last trailers did. Just kinda “ o look star wars again. Ok back to usual” sheesh. The comments are nothing but hate on most places. They better bring it with this one. TLJ really ****ed up the brand

You correct, as I said before, I think the cultural shift it turning again, as it did in the late 80’s.

The norms, got very fed up with the novelty of SW. They tend to get all caught up in it, without really understanding much of what was really going on. I constantly meet regular people who goto SW films, and really do not know basic stuff, like who Palpatine was and where he came from, who Lando is and even that Anakin was Vader and not a contemporary of Luke and Leia.

I also think that the fans suffer from a similar issue. Except as said, they get fatigued from saturation, story speculation and marketing. When some fans get so wrapped up in their heads of what they think is the story, they cannot stand anything that does not live up to their expectations, which in this case, is to relive the past of being 10 and seeing ANH or ESB for the first time.

So the hate flows easily.

Also, youtube has created and entire generation whom seem to think their analysis is worthy of prime time. They think their critiques of the story are somehow more valid that anyone else, and should be “liked”, and the more “likes” the more valid the opinion......its a serious cultural flaw. Opinions cannot be validated, since its all based on personal taste. Plus its much easier to rip apart any work of art, than it is to praise it......praise videos are NEVER on the top viewed list.....it is always “10 things wrong with” or “10 mistakes of” nonsense. These folks need to spend more time creating original content, and less time critiquing content.....Grace is a prime example. On the plus side the youtube generation will make great middle management, always willing to point out the flaws in what the actually workers are making happen.

The shame of it is, the folks who just enjoy the new content for what it is, will soon again be back in the shadows , wishing films of this nature we still being made, good and bad.....

The MCU is next....after EG, the norms will tired of powerful people in tights, and comic book films will fade away again.

So critique away, soon there will not be anymore films like this to nitpick.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Reboot of Skywalker...

Very clear that Disney (mostly Kathleen Kennedy) never had a cohesive vision for this saga. She probably tossed in a few of her “wants” and then walked away. Honestly, the films have been visually fantastic but it’s a rehash of the Original Trilogy. You basically copied A New Hope for the first one and then you went off the rails with the last (killing off your most popular and marketable character too)... now you’re bringing back the big bad from the OT. Was that the plan all along? I don’t think so. I think this was mostly a scramble to fix The Last Jedi mess.

Back