Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, youtube has created and entire generation whom seem to think their analysis is worthy of prime time. They think their critiques of the story are somehow more valid that anyone else, and should be “liked”, and the more “likes” the more valid the opinion......its a serious cultural flaw.

This is so true. Within minutes of the trailer being streamed today, there were dozens of "reaction" videos.

Obviously this is a generational thing, but I'm 41 years old. I honestly couldn't give less of a **** about what some random jackoff on youtube thought about a damn trailer. There's no bigger cringe than seeing people forcing themselves to cry and scream for the camera cause they're just so desperate to tell the world that they "feel" something.

The MCU is next....after EG, the norms will tired of powerful people in tights, and comic book films will fade away again.

Oh look, someone predicting the end of comic book movies. I remember those same predictions 13 years ago....then again 7 years ago.

There was even a thread about super hero movie fatigue.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ie+fatigue&highlight=super+hero+movie+fatigue

As usual, I was right. Now that thread looks like a cemetery full of people that are no longer in this forum, unfortunately.

One thing I love with Lando is that he's clearly no longer in great shape but he so completely owns it and is just so comfortable in his own skin that from what little we've seen it just totally works. I was actually pretty leery of his return until today. Now I can't wait to see how big of a role he has.

I liked hearing and seeing Lando also. Too bad Ford wanted Han dead so badly.

I hear Lando's Laugh and I want to see him interact with Han.

I'm sure there'll be some good interaction with Chewbacca at least. I presume it's Chewie who gets Lando involved in the first place.

mhIZwu1.png

Khev... KHEV?! Over here buddy!:lol

:lol :lol

Seeing Lando back got a pretty silly grin and the warm fuzzies going for me.:love

:rock

I liked hearing and seeing Lando also. Too bad Ford wanted Han dead so badly.

I hear Lando's Laugh and I want to see him interact with Han.

Personally I'm just able to see this as the alternate Saga that we never got (until possibly now.) The Saga where Han died in ROTJ (so no reunion with him and Lando in a later film anyway) and then the grand finale with Emperor Palpatine in Episode IX. I honestly don't even think I allowed myself to hope they'd go there because my checklist of things I wanted to see to "legitimize" the ST didn't really even include him. But already there's a possibility that this new film and trilogy will surpass even my previously assumed best case scenario.

See when I start to write off upcoming SW films good things happen, lol. I thought that making movies about the stolen rebel plans and young Han were absolutely terrible ideas and look where we are now. :lol

Oh man Lando's involvement is already paying dividends. Hilarious! :lol :lol Gosh damn the warm fuzzies for that new Lando image, I love it!

Oh look! Old bloated Lando, another desert planet with skiffs, wreckage of an out of commission Imperial vehicle, more Death Star imagery and Palpatine! All we need now is a green lightsaber!

Hmm, feels like 2015 and 2017 again. Everything is going to play out the same way those ones did, to December and beyond. Then one day soon we’ll get to Force Awakens’ 10 year anniversary and nobody will give a damn about any of it.

Glad this is looking like the last rodeo, it’s about time. **** should have ended after 2005. Hell, after 1983 even. Talk about overstaying your welcome.

Lando giddy in the Falcon cockpit became instant canon for me without even seeing the movie.

File that under “Fan Service **** Yeah!”

Edit: I couldn’t have posted about Lando at a more perfect moment than this holy crap lol

Oh look! Old bloated Lando, another desert planet with skiffs, wreckage of an out of commission Imperial vehicle, more Death Star imagery and Palpatine! All we need now is a green lightsaber!

Hmm, feels like 2015 and 2017 again. Everything is going to play out the same way those ones did, to December and beyond. Then one day soon we’ll get to Force Awakens’ 10 year anniversary and nobody will give a damn about any of it.

Glad this is looking like the last rodeo, it’s about time. **** should have ended after 2005. Hell, after 1983 even. Talk about overstaying your welcome.

I think this is why Rian Johnson made the film that he did.

To paraphrase a not-so-good movie, "Star Wars is like pizza, even bad pizza is still pretty good", except for Papa Johns, which is the AOTC of pizza.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I remember when AOTC was the most hated Star Wars movie and even that movie didn’t damage the brand and divide the fan base like this. Hell it still had its moments.

I remember when AOTC was the most hated Star Wars movie and even that movie didn’t damage the brand and divide the fan base like this. Hell it still had its moments.
Yeah, it's probably unfair to compare AOTC to Papa John's, I mean there were a few minutes of enjoyment watching AOTC.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back