Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

The best part of the trailer was the fact they said it’s the end of a Saga. Yeah no more bad Episode movies. Make more stand alone which have been much better than anything made since 70s and 80s.

Odd to have anything "rise" in the last movie of a nine part series... :slap

My guess is that the ''Rise of Skywalker'' is a call back to Anakin's birth, and how Palpatine played a part in that. Looks like they're visiting the wreckage of DSII as well.

Rey already broke tradition by still having a blaster on her in the third film :wink1: She’s not a Jedi

My guess is that the ''Rise of Skywalker'' is a call back to Anakin's birth, and how Palpatine played a part in that. Looks like they're visiting the wreckage of DSII as well.

It reminds me of the unused art from TFA

12461233-288C-4BC5-B603-78B8E7AF0601.jpeg

Given the wreckage we can see is on the edge of the water, it’s very possible we’ll see some of the submerged parts like in the art.

It seems JJ is picking up right from where he left off

Anakin, Luke, Rey. The title actually has a good deal of mystery as to who it's referring to. It'll be interesting to see how Palpatine's now canon link to Luke and Anakin's heritage might come into play.

You know the shot of the wreckage at the end of the teaser looks a lot like the cover teaser for the game FO :horror

If Rey is a Skywalker, which seems to be a common theory and fan dream for some reason, why would anyone put that reveal in the title. Unless SW fans these days need to have things spelled out on an infantile level, which is entirely possible.

If Rey is a Skywalker, which seems to be a common theory and fan dream for some reason, why would anyone put that reveal in the title.

Because there are multiple Skywalkers in these films and we have no way of knowing if it even applies to her. Nothing is spelled out as of yet.

If Rey is a Skywalker, which seems to be a common theory and fan dream for some reason, why would anyone put that reveal in the title. Unless SW fans these days need to have things spelled out on an infantile level, which is entirely possible.

I think that’s what they want the fans to think, but it could also mean different meanings

So the only reason that they would bring back part of the Death Star is to somehow bring the emperor back?
Maybe he is the maguffin, that everyone has been speculating about? Why else would they be going to the wreck of DSII except to go to the place where Palps bit the dust?

Back