Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - December 20, 2019

I'm sure I'll like this film more than most but I'm not gonna lie, I hope that TROS wins you over so that we can be high-fiving OT/RO/Alita style. :rock

But...I'm fully aware of how off-putting this entire ST is to some really good peeps here so I won't hold my breath. :duff

I always do enjoy when we high five more than the other stuff. It seems we agree on more than we disagree, outside of SW anyway

But should the battle lines be drawn and we find ourselves on opposing sides once again... that can have a certain ‘joie de vivre’ to it too :lol

Either way cheers to what will be an interesting ride, one way or the other, to the end now :duff

That opening scene is trash like was is suppossed to be funny cause I was laughing at Rey neo flipping over a tie fighter I hope that's what jj was going for

Rise of Skywalker? Is Rey really a Skywalker? Or is Kylo going to be the Skywalker?

This was my thought. Maybe it refers to Kylo finally "rising" as a Skywalker to do the right thing. As he will ultimately do.

But I also believe Rey is a Skywalker. Somehow.

Dammit -- Luke had sex with...

Jannah.jpg

It's true. All of it.

You've got your mother's knickers. The rise.

Does anyone think the title is going to be known as ROS too similar to ROTS :lecture

Imagine if this is the final fight scene/climax of the film :lol

I could see them having dual duels, lol. Mirror the end of ROTS with Kylo and Rey fighting while Palps and Luke duke it out. That might be their attempt at an ace in the hole to satisfy old and new fans alike.

Lando is laughing his ass off as he steals the Falcon and new servant Chewie from Rey... "That's my ship *****!!"

Screenshot (703).jpg

And they fly off into the sunset for the next stand alone SW story film.

She’s just nonchalantly using Luke’s saber too, no honor given to the fact it being busted seemed like a major point of TLJ’s.

Uh, CORRECTION....according to OFFICIAL SW canon, that is REY'S LIGHTSABER. It is verboten to refer to it as Luke's or Anakin's. Duh, get with the times man.

But should the battle lines be drawn and we find ourselves on opposing sides once again... that can have a certain ‘joie de vivre’ to it too :lol

Totally, lol. I already know that JAWS is gonna hate this movie and we otherwise agree on most other flicks too, lol.

I could see them having dual duels, lol. Mirror the end of ROTS with Kylo and Rey fighting while Palps and Luke duke it out. That might be their attempt at an ace in the hole to satisfy old and new fans alike.

It would end with Rey defeating all of them. I'm sure they're bringing Palpatine back just so she can be the one who kills him thus ruining Vader's redemption.

Are they going to reveal that Palpatine's surname was Skywalker all along? Has to be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming that Rey hugging Leia was just an alternate take from the shot at the end of TFA but they did a good job of making it look pretty seamless.

God I'm depressed.
There wasn't a single thing to excite me in that trailer.
Well, maybe the music.
Where they mirroring Vader's breathing from some PT teaser in the opening?

Another good reason to bring in a heavy hitter like Palpatine. Kylo just doesn't cut it at this point. But Palps could eff her up to finally create some real tension in her progression. Better late than never.

I agree about Kylo. He had great presence in TFA but what changed, in my opinion, is his helmet removal. Removing his helmet humanized his character and he was no longer a menacing, brooding character.

I agree about Kylo. He had great presence in TFA but what changed, in my opinion, is his helmet removal. Removing his helmet humanized his character and he was no longer a menacing, brooding character.

It doesn’t help that he’s already been beaten by Rey twice as well. Making him less menacing, and the fact that he’s not a threat to the main character as most villains are, necessitated a bigger bad to come into play.

Back