Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a "minor" (umm, FYI she's the age at which you can join the US MILITARY - 17) gets right up in people's faces and makes mocking, raging accusations, and willingly and actively becomes a public figure (pushed by and approved by her parents,) then this **** about "you can't make jokes about a child" goes out the door.

Know what I mean?:dunno

I was simply having some non-political fun with a public figure - with a Bond MOVIE/TV theme no less (admittedly, not in the Bond thread) - and you weighed in with some OMG-stale "old men's nerves" thing and the high-and-mighty, unquestioning "what she believes to be right" thing.

**Political content begins**

For the record, I do not disagree with her, and I'm in no way a climate change denier - I just don't drink the koolade because some humorless gulag folk and their apps say I should.

**Political content ends**:rotfl

For the record, politics on this issue does not apply to me either, being non-American. :D I'm just reacting as a parent. Blame me as the parent, that's fair game IMO.

For the record, politics on this issue does not apply to me either, being non-American. :D I'm just reacting as a parent. Blame me as the parent, that's fair game IMO.

I'm a parent too (and with two kids in the Greta age range) - so no get-out-of-jail-free card there. Climate Change discussion is a weekly occurrence for the household of this "old man" and his "nerves." :dunno

And Greta is Swedish and most of her movement is outside the U.S., and the political debate about her mindset is global (including in Sweden,) so no idea what you mean by the "non-American" thing. Maybe if you live under a rock (as you seemed to assume I do) the "politics on this issue" might not apply to you.

I'm a parent too (and with two kids in the Greta age range) - so no get-out-of-jail-free card there. Climate Change discussion is a weekly occurrence for the household of this "old man" and his "nerves." :dunno

And Greta is Swedish and most of her movement is outside the U.S., and the political debate about her mindset is global (including in Sweden,) so no idea what you mean by the "non-American" thing. Maybe if you live under a rock (as you seemed to assume I do) the "politics on this issue" might not apply to you.

Mostly because the most prominent news I see criticizing her are from Trump and people that support Trump. For us, climate change isn't a political thing so the political issue on it does not apply to me.

She has Aspergers, OCD, and selective mutism so yes, you do have to admire her.

And it's soooo easy to get on old men's nerves - not so easy to get China (almost 1/3 of global emissions) to give a **** about her message however.

She'd never dare speak directly about China, and would never dare speak about population growth (yes folks, we're gonna add an EXTRA 5 billion to the planet in just 100 years,) the true key driver of climate change this century. The two most important factors in climate change and she never says a word about them.

It's just funny that a child can get into some old men's lack of comprehension.:lol

It's true, but never, ever joke about that. And I mean NEVER.:lecture:lol

And she already is a queen - and a saint, a cult leader and a pop star.

The annoying thing about that kid is how loud, accusatory, and presumptuous she is. And that the media has latched on to her blindly. There are people a lot smarter than her trying to come up with practical solutions and not just throwing tantrums into a mic that don't get any media attention at all. As you pointed out, maybe Thanos wasn't so crazy after all.

Yup you were all like...

giphy.gif

This is me coming home to the bluray

tumblr_n1f56uU5tj1rq07b0o7_250.gif

JAWS with TLJ....

giphy.gif

JAWS post TROS....

source.gif

:lol :lol

Mostly because the most prominent news I see criticizing her are from Trump and people that support Trump. For us, climate change isn't a political thing so the political issue on it does not apply to me.

:rotfl

Clearly the only Freaks member from Antarctica.

Kennedy is the version of the emperor that actually defeated the Rey Kylo dyad AND was victorious against all of the Jedi pooled together into a force entity. :horror

Feige and Favreau dyad don?t stand a chance lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Iger: "I screwed Lucas, I'll screw you too."

Kennedy: "My boy. I *laid* Lucas."

Fixed;) but made/laid, what's the difference right?

Anyways, Iger being ousted is pretty abrupt. Nobody on the internet seems to know why or what this new guy's priorities are.

He was supposed to step down in 2021 actually even earlier he extended his tenure.

He had previously admitted that he went out on the limb with approving all the spending which he said was rather overwhelming for the company but it was meant for long term success.

3 things happened.

1. Regardless of MCU, SW, D+ success he approved way too much spending.

2. SW was ultimately deemed a failure under his watch but I highly doubt this one.

3. His book caused too many waves.

It can not be a serious illness he would have come out and said it.

It can not be that he was molesting kids or adults that would immediately be leaked and he would not stay on in the creative capacity that Disney announced.

I don?t believe the story that he wanted to all of a sudden now oversee the creativity of Disney whatever the hell that means lol

Weird coincidence that this happened the same day Weinstein was found guilty right.

RIGHT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back