Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What OHF is a pretty decent action movie but only the first one.

I don?t see it being any less worthy than some of the others on my list like you know Out for Justice which you guys are not calling out lol

There has to be another 300 movies I left off that list anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I may actually still come around with TROS I mean I am buying 2 copies of a movie I did not like.

Star Wars in a nutshell

Just think about that level of pop culture power that level of penetration I don?t even own Indy 4 yet I own what is arguably worse, AOTC.

Sonic will never be given that privilege

Last edited:
What OHF is a pretty decent action movie but only the first one.

I don?t see it being any less worthy than some of the others on my list like you know Out for Justice which you guys are not calling out lol

There has to be another 300 movies I left off that list anyways.

The acronym for Olympus Has Fallen should be OAF or OOOOFF.

And Out for Justice escapes because it immediately brings to mind an obese Putin bro with fake tan, safety glasses and a black triangle spray-painted above his forehead. And nobody wants to think about that.:lol

Ugh - Doc Brown preaching a climate change storyline. Thank god they're saying no.:rotfl

Greta could play Biff's granddaughter - she'd actually be a great villain, maybe for a Bond movie.:lecture

They're taking the high ground but you do have to wonder if MJF didn't have Parkinson's if they might be saying something different though.

They would realize that so long as Fox is alive there's not a fan-accepted way to do a new BTTF (given he has acted a fair amount with Parkinsons, incorporating his illness into the story,) yet using him in a new movie (main character's dad or whatever) would be really tricky to do tone-wise.

Personally, I think it would be an amazing thing to see onscreen, but a studio would freak out about it. And it's possible that MJF himself wouldn't be okay with it. It's an interesting discussion.

Ugh - Doc Brown preaching a climate change storyline. Thank god they're saying no.:rotfl

Greta could play Biff's granddaughter - she'd actually be a great villain, maybe for a Bond movie.:lecture

They're taking the high ground but you do have to wonder if MJF didn't have Parkinson's if they might be saying something different though.

They would realize that so long as Fox is alive there's not a fan-accepted way to do a new BTTF (given he has acted a fair amount with Parkinsons, incorporating his illness into the story,) yet using him in a new movie (main character's dad or whatever) would be really tricky to do tone-wise.

Personally, I think it would be an amazing thing to see onscreen, but a studio would freak out about it. And it's possible that MJF himself wouldn't be okay with it. It's an interesting discussion.

Yeah thank the almighty that Christopher Lloyd isn't driving the bus. It is always an intriguing thing, rebooting a beloved movie or show. After seeing the Kennedy ST I'm content that Bob Gale is stonewalling any effort to reboot. I especially like his comments regarding the studio trying to entice him with money.

The Delorean was of course destroyed, so anything new would probably involve someone finding Doc's dusty old plans. Would be kind of funny if Biff's kids got ahold of the plans, and Marty's kids were trying to stop completion of a new time machine. And yeah MJF condition is a delicate situation. In interviews he seems like a really great guy!

Will be interesting to see how the new Ghostbusters movie fares this summer.

jye4ever said:
Just think about that level of pop culture power that level of penetration I don?t even own Indy 4 yet I own what is arguably worse, AOTC.

He can't even get people to talk about it in its own thread, lol.

I may actually still come around with TROS I mean I am buying 2 copies of a movie I did not like.

While the SW fandom dismisses TROS and immediately moves on to Mandalorian and Kenobi this is me after witnessing the original Lucas/Kurtz finale finally play out on the big screen in awesome fashion:

DBQbaYFXsAAbN7V.jpg

lol

While the SW fandom dismisses TROS and immediately moves on to Mandalorian and Kenobi this is me after witnessing the original Lucas/Kurtz finale finally play out on the big screen in awesome fashion:

DBQbaYFXsAAbN7V.jpg

lol

Same with Star Wars. You and jye are keeping this thread from dying. The rest of the world forgot about this movie and moved on. Besides people in the movie section weren?t born in the 90s

Star Wars in a nutshell

1. Damn man that?s .... wow. I?d never buy I movie I did t like.

2. TLJ is the worst Star Wars movie

3. You don?t deserve sonic lol.

Greta: Mr. Bond! How could you?

A global figure who seems benevolent emerges, Bond is sent to investigate...

49581452493_6fda398ebd_o.png

When he gets too close, Greta's minions finally nab him and he comes face to face...

49582183117_53965aa12a_o.png

He turns the tables, but a UN overture was all a trap, and Bond ends up captive in the UN Secretary General's office, at Greta's mercy. Under pressure he finally renounces his cis-gender climate-denier agenda and joins her....

49582179807_a6b933d8df_o.png

1. Damn man that?s .... wow. I?d never buy I movie I did t like.

2. TLJ is the worst Star Wars movie

3. You don?t deserve sonic lol.

Yeah it makes no sense to me either again Star Wars lol

Actually I do know what it is.

There is SW then there is everything else.

As long as there is a connection to the OT you have to take the bad and the ok with the good and the great.

I just won?t do that for any other franchise although the MCU came the closest to achieving that level of connection.

Even trashing SW is part of the fabric of pop culture think about that for a second.

Sonic lol

Last edited:

DBQbaYFXsAAbN7V.jpg

lol

Yup you were all like...

giphy.gif

This is me coming home to the bluray

tumblr_n1f56uU5tj1rq07b0o7_250.gif

JAWS with TLJ....

giphy.gif

JAWS post TROS....

source.gif

Last edited:
I was gifted TLJ and handed it back upon opening it. To physically buy TLJ or TROS myself though..... that is a line I will never cross.

A global figure who seems benevolent emerges, Bond is sent to investigate...

49581452493_6fda398ebd_o.png

When he gets too close, Greta's minions finally nab him and he comes face to face...

49582183117_53965aa12a_o.png

He turns the tables, but a UN overture was all a trap, and Bond ends up captive in the UN Secretary General's office, at Greta's mercy. Under pressure he finally renounces his cis-gender climate-denier agenda and joins her....

49582179807_a6b933d8df_o.png

I like her. At least at that age, she has the conviction and the motivation to act on what she believes to be right. It's just funny that a child can get into some old men's nerves.

I like her. At least at that age, she has the conviction and the motivation to act on what she believes to be right. It's just funny that a child can get into some old men's nerves.

She has Aspergers, OCD, and selective mutism so yes, you do have to admire her.

And it's soooo easy to get on old men's nerves - not so easy to get China (almost 1/3 of global emissions) to give a **** about her message however.

She'd never dare speak directly about China, and would never dare speak about population growth (yes folks, we're gonna add an EXTRA 5 billion to the planet in just 100 years,) the true key driver of climate change this century. The two most important factors in climate change and she never says a word about them.

It's just funny that a child can get into some old men's lack of comprehension.:lol

She is so well spoken that she's scary. :lol

She would make a fine Queen somewhere.

It's true, but never, ever joke about that. And I mean NEVER.:lecture:lol

And she already is a queen - and a saint, a cult leader and a pop star.

She has Aspergers, OCD, and selective mutism so yes, you do have to admire her.

And it's soooo easy to get on old men's nerves - not so easy to get China (almost 1/3 of global emissions) to give a **** about her message however.

She'd never dare speak directly about China, and would never dare speak about population growth (yes folks, we're gonna add an EXTRA 5 billion to the planet in just 100 years,) the true key driver of climate change this century. The two most important factors in climate change and she never says a word about them.

It's just funny that a child can get into some old men's lack of comprehension.:lol

It's true, but never, ever joke about that. And I mean NEVER.:lecture:lol

And she already is a queen - and a saint, a cult leader and a pop star.

I don't want to be drawn into a debate about her since I am mostly neutral about her (she's just... there...) but while you may be right she doesn't speak up against China, it's no different to other world figures either. But yeah, you may disagree with her, but I find it pretty creepy for an adult to make jokes/fun of a minor (irregardless of her opinions).

That's all I'll have to say about that really (lest we receive the wrath of the mods here). :rotfl :chase

I don't want to be drawn into a debate about her since I am mostly neutral about her (she's just... there...) but while you may be right she doesn't speak up against China, it's no different to other world figures either. But yeah, you may disagree with her, but I find it pretty creepy for an adult to make jokes/fun of a minor (irregardless of her opinions).

That's all I'll have to say about that really (lest we receive the wrath of the mods here). :rotfl :chase

If a "minor" (umm, FYI she's the age at which you can join the US MILITARY - 17) gets right up in people's faces and makes mocking, raging accusations, and willingly and actively becomes a public figure (pushed by and approved by her parents,) then this **** about "you can't make jokes about a child" goes out the door.

Know what I mean?:dunno

I was simply having some non-political fun with a public figure - with a Bond MOVIE/TV theme no less (admittedly, not in the Bond thread) - and you weighed in with some OMG-stale "old men's nerves" thing and the high-and-mighty, unquestioning "what she believes to be right" thing.

**Political content begins**

For the record, I do not disagree with her, and I'm in no way a climate change denier - I just don't drink the koolade because some humorless gulag folk and their apps say I should.

**Political content ends**:rotfl

Back