Star Wars- Deleted Magic Fan Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwood49

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you have seen some of this ANH deleted footage before, but I actually forgot just how cool some of it is.

Cool tidbits:

1. Han Solo's girlfriend
2. Biggs and Luke at Anchorhead
3. Luke and Treadwell
4. Original production audio from several scenes

You can see it here:
https://www.pistolwimp.com/media/42183/

That's the main mirror site that I've seen, although I don't know why it has Spanish subtitles.

Dave let me know if this isn't allowed, and I'll delete the post.

I can't wait until all the deleted footage from ESB and ROTJ is eventually released. There are numerous things from those 2 films I've always wanted to see.

Of all the tinkering Lucas has done with the movies I've never understood why he doesn't put some of this stuff back in.

I'd never seen a lot of that. And if that's the best condition that they can find of this material, no wonder he hasn't put it back in. Seeing the Vader/Obi-wan fight I can help but wonder if Sir Alec was thinking "what the hell am I doing?" It looks and sounds so much like amateur hour without the music and sound effects. The lightsaber igniting just by turning it into the light is a pretty neat practical effect though.

Er, I take it the footage is in bad condition... I'm on dial up so it'd take forever to watch video like that so I didn't bother. Maybe we can hope that one day technology will be good enough to restore it.

Pretty cool really. Some of the deleted stuff Lucas has might make sense back in the movies but only if he does it like PJ and adds the stuff that really adds the the movie.

George could put all these missing segments, deleted parts, making of, corrections on dvd alone and make more millions.

Whats the rock song playing at the end?

elwood49 said:
I'm sure many of you have seen some of this ANH deleted footage before, but I actually forgot just how cool some of it is.

Cool tidbits:

1. Han Solo's girlfriend
2. Biggs and Luke at Anchorhead
3. Luke and Treadwell
4. Original production audio from several scenes

I got a DVD set on ebay that has the holiday special on it and it has another DVD that basicly has the entire ANH movie with all those scenes (and a lot more) intertwined with the "real" movie... its pretty cool.

madden821 said:
I got a DVD set on ebay that has the holiday special on it and it has another DVD that basicly has the entire ANH movie with all those scenes (and a lot more) intertwined with the "real" movie... its pretty cool.

GUNRAY: "Ahhh, My lord, is that... legal?"

SIDIOUS: "I shall make it legal..."

:cool:

I have wanted a copy of the Holiday Special for years. I wish Lucas would go ahead and release it just for fun.

tomandshell said:
GUNRAY: "Ahhh, My lord, is that... legal?"

SIDIOUS: "I shall make it legal..."

:cool:

I have wanted a copy of the Holiday Special for years. I wish Lucas would go ahead and release it just for fun.

OOOPS, sorry.. I mean I MADE MY OWN dvd of the holiday special that I videotape off of tv and just put the other DVD's together for fun from stuff I made up or got off of tv for my own personal collection.. please don't send the hitman after me George. :D

Hmmm, now why does that hat look familiar?

I always loved that the NPR Radio Drama had these deleted scenes integrated back into the story. It's been a while since I've listened to them.

madden821 said:

That would be awesome. I'd love to get a copy of that.

Anyway, as Dave said, the quality is way too bad to put any of this back into the film. Most of this footage was deemed "lost", but an ILM staffer found an old workprint of ANH that had 30-40% different footage (deleted scenes and different takes of certain scenes).

I also read that they played this reel at a bunch of conventions, and then they played an interview with Lucas afterwards where he claimed it was never filmed.:lol

I bet they put a bunch of this footage on the next DVD release. Hopefully they'll put the ESB and ROTJ footage on there as well.

There is some cool stuff out there. These are the ones I remember off the top of my head.:

ESB:

Wampas attack Echo Base- C-3PO locks one in a closet and removes the warning label. A Stormtrooper later opens it and is mauled.

ROTJ:

Luke is shown building his saber- I've never even seen caps of this.

Luke arrives on Tatooine during a bad sandstorm.

Vader force chokes 2 Royal Guards.

I have the Holiday Special on VHS and honestly I watched it once and could never force myself to watch it again. I managed to watch 2 minutes of that streaming feed and had to shut it down. Pathetic.

Back