Star Wars Celebration V Freaks Party Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummm, yeah.. uh..no...

I have to do that. Maybe tomorrow. Putting some funds in for that.

I guess it would depend on price point. If it's a certain price per head.. why not ? But that may take more organization. You up for that Bam ?

I still haven't bought my tickets yet, either. I don't know how many days I'll be going, or how many I want to go.

I posted this on the main thread too.

Also...I've been debating whether to get a hotel or drive every day from my house in Tampa.....

So this is what I've been thinking.....

1. I'm pretty sure I can have a couple freaks stay at my house for that weekend...free of charge. But the only thing I would ask is if they can help me out with gas and parking money and that they wouldn't murder me. :monkey5

If we stay at my house....we would have to wake up pretty early since my house is about 1 and 45 minutes away from the convention center and it would be around $13-15 of gas a day (i used an online gas calculator for that estimate). Parking might be a hassle to find...but if we get there earlier enough we'll be fine (i think)....also...I think it's about $11 for parking...but I dunno if there's gonna be a special price for this event.

So that's about $26-30 a day for 4 days....split between me and pitu and who ever else wants to stay in my house.

The only problem I have with this is all the hassle of driving back and forth. But I'll do it if I have too....oh I should also mention that I have a Toyota Corolla so I can fit about 4 people comfortably, 5 people squeezed. :lol

2. The second option is to split a hotel room around the convention center.

That would be about 150-180 a night? More expensive....but we would be with in walking distance and it would only be more affordable if 4 or more of us freaks would stay together.

So yeah...let me know what you guys think?

Hey and Shropt.....put Lopie on the list.

I think we need to nail down a date soon for the party. I want to get a hotel room at the Wyndham with everyone else for that night so I can get PLASTERED!!

What night do we think at this point?

I think we need to nail down a date soon for the party. I want to get a hotel room at the Wyndham with everyone else for that night so I can get PLASTERED!!

What night do we think at this point?

I say Friday or Saturday night.

SDCC Freaks Party is usually Saturday night.

Friday and Saturday are both doable for me. Friday may be cheaper at some places.. but I don't know... and considering if we all stay close... or even at the wyndam... we can bring the party home ! rock

Friday and Saturday are both doable for me. Friday may be cheaper at some places.. but I don't know... and considering if we all stay close... or even at the wyndam... we can bring the party home ! rock

Maybe I can stay at the Wyndam for Friday or Saturday night and the rest I'll stay at home...that way I won't have to pay to much! I'll talk to pitu since he's my partner in crime. :rock

So someone say the final decision quick so I can book my night...unless we can pay to sleep in someones floor that night?!?! *wink*

Also...are we gonna go to Universal's Islands of Adventure to see the new Harry Potter section?

Bam, if you book three nights and split with three peeps, it's aroiund $100 each... not bad at all and no driving. If you sneak in a fourth... it's like $80 ?

Well you know where we're staying Bam, book the nights there and
we can work out the particulars.

I am getting in Wednesday night, so I am free that evening.. I would love to do Universal. Do we have to do it during the day? If not I am up for doing it that night !

Bam, if you book three nights and split with three peeps, it's aroiund $100 each... not bad at all and no driving. If you sneak in a fourth... it's like $80 ?

Well you know where we're staying Bam, book the nights there and
we can work out the particulars.

I am getting in Wednesday night, so I am free that evening.. I would love to do Universal. Do we have to do it during the day? If not I am up for doing it that night !

Well...I'm just think about me and Pitu for now since no one has said anything about staying with us.

I think Universal closes at 10pm....i come out of work like at 6pm...and it takes me about 1.5 hrs to get there....so it might be tight to go with you that Wednesday....but don't let that stop u guys....u guys go whenever u want. :rolleyes:

Who u coming with Jim??

I'm trying to get a few buddies from a local board to go. I confirmed with one so far. Since we did C4 together I know I can count on him.

I wish I didn't like buying Sideshow so much or I'd do SDCC and CV this year. So it's neither for now. :(

Hey, for any of you guys or gals going to Celebration V, if Sideshow has a CD/DVD like in previous Celebrations, I would dearly love to get a couple for my collection! I would be willing to pay for shipping and a small compensation for your time! Keep me in mind!

Hey, for any of you guys or gals going to Celebration V, if Sideshow has a CD/DVD like in previous Celebrations, I would dearly love to get a couple for my collection! I would be willing to pay for shipping and a small compensation for your time! Keep me in mind!

Remind me when it gets closer and I will help you out...

I am getting in on Weds---again I am flying stand-by so no times yet....But if I get in early enough---a theme park would be a blast

Back