Star Wars Cantina 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marked up the lighting mount and drilled for wires. A little more to go before the stucco.

IMG_1945.jpg

Do I did stucco work on the front and inside. I did add color to the stucco but I learned a lot as far as how to get certain coloring. First batch was over colored but it's looking like it will all get painted but I'm not 100% on that as the second batch came out near perfect so a thin recoat or mix is possible. Either way the texture is fantastic. Real stucco equals real building.

IMG_2068.jpgIMG_2067.jpgIMG_2061.jpg

My technique was and is made up. I've never done this because and I'm sure I'll go back and put some detail in it. The photos I'm posting with this here are some work in progress prior to finishing. Pressing hard gives the smooth finish but it's. It always possible in all areas due to size and space. Additionally creating a 1/6 scale texture is tough. After I was done I used a smooth sponge to tamp the texture smoother.

IMG_2057.jpgIMG_2063.jpgIMG_2064.jpg

New 2ns sIMG_2094.jpgIMG_2095.jpgIMG_2096.jpgIMG_2098.jpgtucco coating completed. Appears far smoother in person and I will go it and debur you can say anything I missed.

IMG_2092.jpg

I have to install the pipes the run behind the seating, the 2 working lights next to the window and the lid along with a hole plug for the lighting power for the ceiling leds. The back window will be caulked into place instead of being an oversized flat piece like prior editions.

Installed the pipes and window lights for a test lighting. Getting close to completion.

Used a grip cream similar to liquid nails to install piping and lighting. I should of superglued the led wiring in place prior to attaching the light fixtures. While not critical it would make it easier to adjust the led bulbs exact position within the lights.

MIMG_2102.jpgIMG_2111.jpgIMG_2113.jpgIMG_2114.jpgIMG_2115.jpgIMG_2116.jpg

The properly placed led of the 2 on the right reflects like a darn real light!! That is fantastic I gotta adjust the other one.

Just wanted to post some pix of how the lights are sitting and their controller on the back that will be textured most likely. Still able to remove to replace battery when needed.
MIMG_2131.jpgIMG_2132.jpgIMG_2133.jpgIMG_2134.jpgIMG_2136.jpg

I installed the battery pack for the window lights as started above but I also installed 2 other things.

The led power converter with wall plug. I drilled a 3/4" hole and hammered a furniture plug I found at Lowes. I fed the wire throug up to this wide piece and superglued that into place. It wasn't the original plan but it was snug and it looks ok. I'm sure I'll have to dremel buff the white residue off it tomorrow but it looks neat. Inside the IR wire can poke out if the lid if needed. It can be sensitive without a clear path from the controller. If it had been a freestanding building I could put a dish on top and hide it.

I liquid nailed the IR box inside so there's no rattling and that's that.

I installed the window as well. This time I cut it to fit inside. I used the liquid nailed to install it and when I do the final texture on the back and top I'll do the edges over with it and try to make it look installed but stucco is a bit tough to use at a small scale and so working in an even smaller area is tough but I'll do my best.

Ok I'm nearing my final coat of stucco. The top and back both of which get a thin coat. I'll have to hand cover my window. I'm not the happiest about this as it will semiruin the way the window should appear but it will still be good.

As I said next time I'll be building it the same but assembling it different. One super important thing I have learned is how stucco is amazing in that I can for example next time file the wood for the window and texture it prior to assembly and it is not going to break or fall apart. In fact I can just do the immediate are around the window and move in. The technique will allow for perfect assembly and faster work.

While color match could be an issue with this Cantina it's not. Variations in the color are welcome and if I knew a paint that was 100% perfect I'd use it.

Ok soon to be finished.

Ok so it is done well technically speaking it's done. All the is left is a few minor adjustments like trying to get one of the led bulbs pointing more upward but it's not imperative and I have to go in and clean up any stucco that is out of line on the edges. I am likely to cut a floor piece but it is likely to just get a dark gray spraying and that's it or possibly dark dark brown.

After some sanding and I mean hand dusting and air blower it should be ready for final pix. Hope anyone that has even followed it at all sees the hard work and creativity I have used and as a novice builder created a nice custome piece for all to enjoy.

The last pic shows the IR location for the remote.

Here are final photos of the Cantina. One thing I feel is that the Sideshow 1/6 scale chairs are not correct when the 1/6 scale figures are on them and the room should be a little bigger on the next build. With no exact dimensions I used the Sideshow piece as a guide and I really think it's too small.

Only way to get Chewy closer to Han would require him to have no legs.

Now overall the Cantina is really good and looks so fantastic I am very very happy. It is a nice piece of Star Wars no doubt.

These photo depict my favorite part in all of Star Wars when Han says you've never heard of the millennium falcon and Obiwan asks should I have. I have Luke telling Han I'm not such a bad pilot.

Well anyone that has made it to the end thanks and I hope you like it.

hey that looks very nice and cozy !!! :lol

almost like a screenshot of the movie !!

Great job on that !

Back