Media Star Wars BattleFront

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck was patched on a game that is that old? You are talking about the BioWare game right?

Just read the release on it, it's a steam patch, if this was an xbox 360 patch I'd differently hook my 360 back up and and replay this game.

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 were on original Xbox not Xbox 360.

The gamepad controls they added are really useful, makes the game much more enjoyable since moving around with keyboard/mouse isn't like how it's done these days. I'm actually playing KOTOR on Android since it supports the gamepad there. I'd like to see it done for the PC version as well if they can.

Gamestop dropped the game price to $40.00 and the SP to $30.00!

All your bitching made a difference. :lol

You just know sales didn't go as expected.

Nice! This was just the sale I was looking for. Got my GF to order it for me for XMAS, will make buying some of the downloadable content more palatable.

Gamestop dropped the game price to $40.00 and the SP to $30.00!

All your bitching made a difference. :lol

You just know sales didn't go as expected.

We know they didn't as EA actually replied to the critisism this week (must be bad) What they had to say was pretty pathetic though, I'd have been more grateful if they just held their hands up and said we'll try harder with the next one.

They said Battlefront isn't made for "hardcore players" This is nonsense imo, I'm a very casual gamer, but it doesn't mean all I want is button smashers with no tact, or pretty, but shallow games like this. It's a very lousy excuse imo and actually bypasses the main complaint which is the lack of content in relation to the price.

This article is quite well written actually, he seems to get it..

Star Wars Battlefront Wasn't Designed For Hardcore Players, Developer Says

They said Battlefront isn't made for "hardcore players" This is nonsense imo, I'm a very casual gamer, but it doesn't mean all I want is button smashers with no tact, or pretty, but shallow games like this. It's a very lousy excuse imo and actually bypasses the main complaint which is the lack of content in relation to the price.

It is for 8 year olds to play with their parents.

It is for 8 year olds to play with their parents.

They failed to mention in the marketing campaign that this was aimed at 8 year olds, funny that. First we have heard of it is as a defense to the huge critical backlash. Still, who cares, at least they are aware now, hopefully the next one will be better.

Yeah, no excuse for it....not at full price.

Yep ridiculous , as when you think about it all they have done is design levels for a multiplayer game
And not hade to code in AI or make and type of story , i will never buy a game that souly has just online play , unless its like £20.00
As i buy games so i can play and enjoy them and i often take time to appreciate the detail and graphics of a game and not have to play online with a bunch of people you dont know and whom annoy you.
Dont get me wrong i am partial to an few matches of free for all and team death match , but even on Halo and COD i dont touch online until atleast 60% throught the single player game

They failed to mention in the marketing campaign that this was aimed at 8 year olds, funny that. First we have heard of it is as a defense to the huge critical backlash. Still, who cares, at least they are aware now, hopefully the next one will be better.
Awesome new avatar.

Face it, they made a poor, ****** game on purpose and charged an arm and a leg for it and the season pass at release because it said Sat Wars and they figured no matter what the reviews said, they'd still sell millions of copies......again, because it said Star Wars.

Well, I decided to rent it since its free to play this weekend.

After a few hours last night and a few hours today, I got myself up to Level 7. "Supremacy" mode feels most like its predecessors. I somewhat enjoyed that one.

The rest are all the same...yawn.

Don't bother with any type of strategy whatsoever. Just run around shooting like everyone else.

You can't pick the planet and you can't pick which side = :mad: Stupid!

The single player missions were OK but felt like an afterthought.
The "training" missions were OK too. The Hoth "battle" where you have to destroy the AT-STs and take out the AT-ATs with the harpoon--while frustrating at first--were pretty good if very basic.

Playing as Luke and Vader was cool but the controls and moves reminded me of "Masters of Teras Kasi" in their sluggishness.

Having the controller (PS4) change colour depending on who you were playing was a nice touch. i.e. Red for Vader, Green for Luke.

Everything looks VERY nice! Everything sounds VERY nice...minus the hero voice overs. Although Palpatine's was pretty good.

They should really call this Star Wars: Sprint not battlefront. Why? Because you will spend 80% of your time running from a spawn point to the battle only to be picked off.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Always repeat!

OK, I'm off to bring this back to the store now!
L8ter!

Back