1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sdcc
Gonk
Fx7
21b
8d8
Ev 9d9
All shown as a prototypes
Revenge of the droid

Then, they never see the light of day.

OT
Bespin Lando
Bespin Han
Slave Leia
Oola
Darth Vader/Anakin reveal

PT
Geonosis Padme
Queen Amidala
Mace Windu
Ep II Anakin
Ep II Obi-Wan
Senate Guard (could happen)
Aayla Secura (unlikely I know)
Shaak-Ti
Darth Vader/Burnt Anakin

Solo
Lando Calrissian
Qi'ra

From Sideshow (because HT wouldn't, and if SS had any sense they'd focus on aliens, droids and vehicles)
Rancor
Admiral Ackbar
Admiral Raddus
Savage Opress

Oh, let's see..

Bespin Han
Bespin Lando
Slave Leia
Biker Scout & Speeder
Bespin Escape Chewie w/ 3PO
Greedo
Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
Wampa (yeah right!)
Wicket (not sure why, but I do want one)
ROTJ DX Vader
And all the rest of the Clone Commanders...

I'm guessing I'll see at least 1-3 of these protos at SDCC. And if I'm really lucky, actually get ONE of them made in 16 months or so, :rotfl

Because that's how HT rolls...

Yes, we (I) need a 3PO. I'd add a scout trooper to that list, but the above would complete my collection.

I actually think a HT Scout Trooper is as likely to be shown at SDCC as Han Bespin. The bigger question is - even if they show it and everyone drools, will it end up in limbo like Leia Endor? That Leia was shown repeatedly and still hasn't gone to PO.

The Scout's a trooper so you'd think that would be a higher probability than a Leia to see a PO, but there's been quite a few HT troopers also that haven't gone to PO.

I agree, I have no idea what they're talking about as far as "feedback." I would understand it from a lesser company who doesn't have the license and is trying to garner it by showing off prototypes, but HT isn't like that anymore. They don't need to prove themselves to anyone.

I was there last year, didn't see anyone being asked what they thought of the bee hive clone trooper. Literally the only people who I could see them asking for feedback from would be retailers, but wouldn't they just fall back on their customers too?

Imagine the cost to HT to produce fully detailed prototypes that go nowhere - and for no apparent concrete reason. It's a real mystery how they operate.

Oh, let's see..

Bespin Han
Bespin Lando
Slave Leia
Biker Scout & Speeder
Bespin Escape Chewie w/ 3PO
Greedo
Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
Wampa (yeah right!)
Wicket (not sure why, but I do want one)
ROTJ DX Vader
And all the rest of the Clone Commanders...

I'm guessing I'll see at least 1-3 of these protos at SDCC. And if I'm really lucky, actually get ONE of them made in 16 months or so, :rotfl

Because that's how HT rolls...

This really should be renamed the "Santa Wish List" thread.:lol

The list of OT stuff I want is still a mile long. I'm not optimistic about this season of toy fairs coming through with much either. Maybe a Christmas miracle as suggested by Tali above.
a9f329cfddfdcd2e01ba0dd5faf8e3f9.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

This really should be renamed the "Santa Wish List" thread.:lol

It really should.

I'd be more curious what people think "will actually be shown" at SDCC... but this forum can't last three posts before "but I'm hoping for" creeps into the equation.

Here's what "I think" might be shown from HT:

ESB Han
ESB Lando
Scout Trooper and Speeder

Pretty sure I expected those three last year too. :lol

I do look forward to a surprise or two from HT. They always have a surprise. Problem is, it usually never sees the light of production.

Their SW display last year was massive. It was really awesome to see so many new figures all at once. I have to think we'll get most of those that weren't released.

New ones I think; ESB Han, TPM Obi-Wan, Padme most likely. Either Lando is a long shot IMO.

Dark Horse: Baze!

My very reserved guess is Bespin Han and some Rise of Skywalker stuff.

Last edited:
Love the unrealistic wish lists in here.

I think we'll see Marvel stuff.

Is Sideshow even going to this SDCC? If not, how is HT showing anything?

HT always shows better stuff at the Asian-Cons immediately after SDCC.

Whatever we see in the next few months won't be released until Q1 2021. :lol

Yeah, patience is something we collectors need a giant supply of... Which is frustrating to say the least:gah:

Just give me Bespin Han, Bespin Lando and General Veers. I know I'm never getting Wedge or Ackbar, so if I can get those first three, I can finally retire from OT Star Wars.

WEDGE BIGGS AND PORKIIINNNNSSS would be a siiickkkkqqq reveeaaal bruhhhhhhhhhhh *takes a selfie next to this post* yeaaaaah more **** we'll never get but isn't it fun to dream? awwwwww yeaaaaaahhhh

Back