1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I don’t understand that either... it’s abominable ... but somehow I find my mighty Jabba absolutely beautiful [emoji848]

At the risk of insulting anyone, that Venompool (ugh) is like a great big, red turd in the wind.
Jabba, while designed to be ugly and repulsive, still has a visual appeal.
It’s like Alien. The creature has an unsettling design but there’s a beauty to it. Personally, there’s some Alien designs from later movies/toys etc, that lost that beauty and just became grotesque.
VP is just grotesque IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And we couldn’t get a Death Star trooper...

Spot on this.

I have no problem with the focus being on Marvel, but surely they must realise there is a completely different, and indeed vast market of collectors who want OT stuff instead?

I have not, and never will (unless I win the lottery), entertain buying Marvel figures.

Show me a pre order for DST, Baze, Tank Driver, Wicket and Leia Endor and I order instantly.

This thread starts with so much anticipation, then excitement at reveals, then annoyance when it seems no more new figures will be shown, then wingeing over not seeing what one hoped for. Quite the rollercoaster.

This thread starts with so much anticipation, then excitement at reveals, then annoyance when it seems no more new figures will be shown, then wingeing over not seeing what one hoped for. Quite the rollercoaster.

I think you just described marriage.

Spot on this.

I have no problem with the focus being on Marvel, but surely they must realise there is a completely different, and indeed vast market of collectors who want OT stuff instead?

I have not, and never will (unless I win the lottery), entertain buying Marvel figures.

Show me a pre order for DST, Baze, Tank Driver, Wicket and Leia Endor and I order instantly.

Plus, we got a Death Star gunner, which surely would not be as popular as the dst. Makes no sense. I would buy 3 at this point.

You have to admit that it was a terrible show for fans of the OT, with Wicket being the only really exciting figure shown. There was some other decent stuff like Endor Leia, Jawas, Gonk but those have all either been shown before or have decent existing versions.

And the frustration is compounded by the fact we have no idea if or when the good stuff will actually be made available for purchase.

Plus, wave after wave of marvel figures, many of them the same figure over and over like cap, spidey, and iron man. We have 2 ot Han Solo figures, smuggler and stormtrooper.

You have to admit that it was a terrible show for fans of the OT, with Wicket being the only really exciting figure shown. There was some other decent stuff like Endor Leia, Jawas, Gonk but those have all either been shown before or have decent existing versions.

And the frustration is compounded by the fact we have no idea if or when the good stuff will actually be made available for purchase.

I’ve admittedly been waiting for Wicket, and pointedly with non-sculpted fur, probably since Chewie was first released, so to be honest SDCC was good for that reason, and because it resolidified Endor Leia is coming. But also because the signal that HT made with the character selection is that they will start to veer into the types of characters most said they wouldn’t — if they’re making Kit Fisto they’ll make Greedo, if they make Jawas they’ll make sand people, etc. I’m sure you’ll find at least a couple mentions that HT won’t be making Jawas in the Sideshow thread.

Of course pre-orders need to follow otherwise it is just what everyone predicted. But honestly the frustration over Bespin Han not being shown I don’t fully get. We know he’s coming at some point when he’s ready, but maybe the head sculpt is trash right now and it’s being reworked. Or it’s possible they’re waiting for Solo Han to either get released or sell through since some might just shift that money toward a superior version of the character. Given the fact that they’ve only held the license for 5 years and I have about 30-plus SW figures I’m not that desperate for them to keep dropping major must-buy figures all the time. It’s allowed me to get Rogue One figs I likely would have skipped if the OT kept humming along with heavy hitters like that first year.

But I get it that some people are waiting for Bespin Han as it’s a grail figure, or cause they have a Hoth Leia sitting idly (had it) or the Bespin Leia arriving soon with pretty much zero characters to display it with (me).

Bespin Luke is a let down. People have been saying over and over that he’d be re-released, and it’s great that they will be, but the re-used sculpt is a bit lazy and unfortunate. Maybe their crude business plan is to update it when they finally release the Snowspeeder outfit. I know we’re all waiting for them to do an update of the farmboy sculpt when they announce an x-wing pilot outfit. So if they just trot the Tom Cruise farmboy sculpt back out it will be a sad day.

Eh, I'd say the frustration over no Bespin Han is definitely warranted. You can't go months with no word about a reveal after the tease in Bespin Leia pictures and then a couple months on top of that in terms of no SW reveals in general and then have not people react to it not showing up at SDCC, but instead having to cop Kit Fisto and a barbie doll Padme.

That being said I fully agree that (1) we're not going to get a sniff until Solo Han releases - ETA says October now so :mad: - and (2) I'd rather them not **** it up. Patience is the game.

Back from SDCC. In memoriam: Death Star Trooper <insert Hunger Games sonic boom after each name read>, Baze, Range Trooper, Tank Trooper, Mimban Trooper, previous gonk droids. :blissysmi
Im sure there are others, but those were my tops for SW. HT please do us a solid and make the Endor Leia and Wicket a 2pak. Pls!!!

...instead having to cop Kit Fisto and a barbie doll Padme.

Dont count these eggs before they hatch. Maybe HT will do something for TRIPLE FORCE FRIDAY!!!! or maybe not. Could just simply be a release of the Sith Trooper.

So after reading though all the whining here. I'll say 2 things.

1). SDCC is not the only convention in the universe. Marvel is hot at the moment so what would you concentrate on for SDCC ?

HT will have the chance to show other SW figures at other big Asian cons later in the year when SW hype will be in full swing.

2). ESB Lando has been confirmed. I'd bet good money ESB Han will be shown pretty close to him.

You guys know we need patience in this game.

But what do I know ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"SW hype"? When?

Just give me 212th Clones, Fisto + Padme, maybe Battle Droids, Jango and Im done with this year.

Back