1/6 Star wars 1/6 SDCC 2019 Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still kind of think it makes sense holding back some Original Trilogy characters. Those are always going to sell and it doesn't matter too much when Bespin Han or Lando go up. Plus really once those go up they won't have a lot of major reveals left.

For Sure:
Bespin Han
Bespin Lando
ROTJ Vader

Maybe:
Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
General Lando
Boussh Leia

I don't think I'm leaving out any major characters that haven't been done by Hot Toys except Jabba, which I'm not sure they'll do.

Problem is the costs keep creeping up constantly.

Few years ago I was picking up Hammerhead and Clone Commander Wolffe for £60. The amazing 1st Hot Toys Luke set was just over £200.

Now new releases are showing up at £260 - £290 pre order.

By the time Han Bespin shows prices could be £300+ and that is simply too expensive.

Problem is the costs keep creeping up constantly.

Few years ago I was picking up Hammerhead and Clone Commander Wolffe for £60. The amazing 1st Hot Toys Luke set was just over £200.

Now new releases are showing up at £260 - £290 pre order.

By the time Han Bespin shows prices could be £300+ and that is simply too expensive.
While true, on the bright side like I pointed out there aren’t a lot of essential Original Trilogy characters left to get. At least to me there aren’t.

They know OT will eventually sell, but not sure of MCU. So they give priority to Marvel.

I still kind of think it makes sense holding back some Original Trilogy characters. Those are always going to sell and it doesn't matter too much when Bespin Han or Lando go up. Plus really once those go up they won't have a lot of major reveals left.

For Sure:
Bespin Han
Bespin Lando
ROTJ Vader

Maybe:
Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
General Lando
Boussh Leia

I don't think I'm leaving out any major characters that haven't been done by Hot Toys except Jabba, which I'm not sure they'll do.

Biker Scout
TIE Pilot
X-Wing Luke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, they'll do Jabba. Too much money on the table not to. And they'll do it the way everyone wants it to be done -- poseable eyes, real-feel skin, poseable tail, poseable jaw, poseable arms. It's not too much to ask.

Grievous and Jabba will be their "big" SW projects. The ones that drive sales of other characters to go with them.

I’m not sure you can say “everyone”. I really like the big ones as ‘statues’. Like the Taun Taun, Jabba and the Dewback. I don’t own the Dewback (yet), but the other two are my favorite pieces in my collection. I think that SSC handled that really well.
I also honestly think that the production costs would go beyond what HT are willing to do. They wouldn’t be able to use any of the parts for other figures. It must be way less costly to produce statues and I think that’s why we haven’t seen any hints that they’ll do him or any other large creatures. HT seems to be going mainly for top sellers.
We were all so sure that the reason why SSC were so quick with releasing Jabba was because they had a hint that HT was doing him. But now I think the reason is clear - they knew they were loosing the license and had to be quick. Or maybe they were trying to keep the license by releasing something major.
I would be afraid to own a rubber Jabba as well, though I’m sure he would look stellar at first.

But now I think the reason is clear - they knew they were loosing the license and had to be quick. Or maybe they were trying to keep the license by releasing something major.
I would be afraid to own a rubber Jabba as well, though I’m sure he would look stellar at first.

This is a good point about the SW license. There's definitely something going on there.

I wasn't following really closely, but the fact Sideshow had nothing 1/6 at SDCC says a lot. That's their "home - con"

Maybe someone should ask Jon Deek, he's the man :)

This is a good point about the SW license. There's definitely something going on there.

I wasn't following really closely, but the fact Sideshow had nothing 1/6 at SDCC says a lot. That's their "home - con"

Maybe someone should ask Jon Deek, he's the man :)

...my FB feed is filled with people upset with Jon Deak... I have no idea what’s going on.

I don't know exactly either, but he's upset quite a lot of people in the community I think.

I can't be bothered to get involved with drama in a hobby, but it did pique my interest one night when I was bored, so I skimmed through one of those posts that served as a rundown about his nonsense. From what I understand, he pretty much demanded to be an admin in One Sixth Republic on Facebook, and when the admins wouldn't let him, he threw a massive hissy fit and got himself booted, which led him to starting One Sixth Society and getting a bunch of lawyers involved in trying to go after the admins and a bunch of people in One Sixth Republic. Which has earned him a lot of enemies. Couple that with him getting Susan Strange forced out of Sideshow when she was a beloved personality and he's a hated one, it just poured fuel on the fire.

Not sure if anything else has developed but I don't think he's been a good business investment on Sideshow's part.

I can't be bothered to get involved with drama in a hobby, but it did pique my interest one night when I was bored, so I skimmed through one of those posts that served as a rundown about his nonsense. From what I understand, he pretty much demanded to be an admin in One Sixth Republic on Facebook, and when the admins wouldn't let him, he threw a massive hissy fit and got himself booted, which led him to starting One Sixth Society and getting a bunch of lawyers involved in trying to go after the admins and a bunch of people in One Sixth Republic. Which has earned him a lot of enemies. Couple that with him getting Susan Strange forced out of Sideshow when she was a beloved personality and he's a hated one, it just poured fuel on the fire.

Not sure if anything else has developed but I don't think he's been a good business investment on Sideshow's part.

I've seen in passing that Justin and that group have also had their issues with him.

But yes I don't like to get into the drama either. There's enough of that to wade through here [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The latest controversy is he had Budget Stark's two Facebook accounts permanently shut down.

And allegedly, Deak, posing as a concerned Sideshow employee, warned Zachary and Susan not to go to SDCC because they would be arrested! The other day Zachary posted to say he actually was questioned by security when they went to SDCC.

It's a weird world.

I just wonder sometimes: it just looks like he’s blamed for everything - posts and videos taken down, Susan being fired and so on. But I never really know how they can know it was his doing. ...not that I care much, but I kind of hope that they’re right since it otherwise could look like bullying with the amount of posts calling him a sociopath... but think I’ll just try and ignore all that.

Questioned for what exactly? Someone called the Nerd Police or what? :dunno

To make sure he didn't "b itch slap" Jon I think. :lol

As to whether it's him causing all this trouble, I think he's the only one who would when you hear the various accounts of what's gone on. Much of it comes from former friends who learned what happens when you become popular, or disagree with him.

From the outside it does look like Jon is being bullied, because there's always something happening. But if he's causing so much trouble then it's going to be reported. Some of what's posted about him does cross the line into actual bullying, which doesn't help the wider situation.

[...] If HT had finally nailed the soft rubber bodies and left behind the cracking thing, I would LOVE to see a rubber body Jabba. But this is still happening today, and with a $700-800 piece having the same stuff it would be so unbelievably scary to own.

The vinyl or whatever they used on A1 Hulk appears to be bulletproof so far.

The latest controversy is he had Budget Stark's two Facebook accounts permanently shut down.

And allegedly, Deak, posing as a concerned Sideshow employee, warned Zachary and Susan not to go to SDCC because they would be arrested! The other day Zachary posted to say he actually was questioned by security when they went to SDCC.

It's a weird world.

Budget Stark is gone?

Back